Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

☆☆☆ The Spirit Of The Law ☆☆☆ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ☆☆☆ The Spirit Of The Law ☆☆☆ (223 Views)

RCCG Pastor Banishes 'Spirit Of Marlian' From Congregations' Children / You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / Hymns And Worship Songs Good For The Spirit With Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

☆☆☆ The Spirit Of The Law ☆☆☆ by nery4u(m): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2017
Palmyra Village, Trinidad and Tobago, South America.
Did Christ bring a 'NEW' definition of sin? Has God’s Law (CHANGED)?
● Christ declared, “Think NOT that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am NOT come to destroy, but to FULFILL” (Matthew 5:17).
The law of God is NOT done away. He also taught that the New Testament Church is built, in part, on the Prophets.
● Notice: “And are built upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone” (Ephesians 2:20).
We have seen what Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel (Prophets) said about Makeup.
Right after Matthew 5:17, Christ examined several of the Ten Commandments. He magnified and strengthened each one He referenced.
Concerning the Sixth Commandment, He explained that if killing your brother is a sin, it is also a sin to even hate him. Regarding Adultery, He said that even lusting after a woman violates the Seventh Commandment.
Violating the Spirit of the law is sin—and all sin is against God (Psalm 51:4). This includes "MAKEUP." God’s "SPIRITUAL LAW" (Romans 7:14, 12) governs 'EVERY' action in life. It is best described in a single word—"LOVE." It is outgoing concern for others. The way of this world is incoming, not outgoing. It practices the “GET” (for "SELF"wink way of life. God’s way is best summarized as the “GIVE” way. The first four commandments teach how to love God and the last six how to love our neighbor (Matthew 22:36-39).
"LOVE" is the fulfilling of God’s eternal, "SPIRITUAL LAW" (Romans 13:10; I John 5:3). Christ taught that we must (PRACTICE) the Spirit of this law. God says that this law gives "LIFE." This is better than obeying God in just the physical letter of His Commandments:
● “Who also has made us able Ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life” (II Corinthians 3:6).
God’s way is also summarized by practicing the "NINE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT."
● They are found in Galatians 5: “LOVE, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, "MEEKNESS" [or "HUMILITY," the opposite of "VANITY" and "PRIDE"], temperance” (vs. 22-23).
If God’s Spiritual Law reflects love for God and man, then the opposite is "SELF-LOVE" —focusing on the things of "SELF" and getting for "SELF." Sin is the (OPPOSITE) of love. This includes "VANITY."
Competition, strife, greed, envy, jealousy, hatred and lust all flow from "VANITY"—and they are all the (OPPOSITE) of love. Recall the many Scriptures describing the outcome of 'VAIN' and 'PROUD' people (Jeremiah 51:18; Ezekiel 13:8; Isaiah 40:17, 44:9; Ecclesiasties 2:21; Psalm 144:4). These verses are a sobering (WARNING) to all!
● David wrote, “I hate every FALSE way” (Psalm 119:104).
Obviously, deceiving—by (ALTERING) one’s appearance through "MAKEUP"—is a “FALSE WAY.” Do you hate 'EVERY' false way—or just the ones that (FEEL) wrong?
David offers fascinating insight about the connection between God’s Law and Vanity.
● He made a clear distinction between them, recording, “I hate VAIN thoughts: but Your law do I love” (Psalm 119:113).
Do you (HATE) the thoughts of "VANITY?" Try to do this as you put on "MAKEUP."
● Finally, David said, “Turn away mine eyes from beholding VANITY” (119:37), and “Remove far from me VANITY and LIES” (Proverbs 30:cool.
Wearing "MAKEUP" is a form of 'DECEIT'—and 'ALL' deceit, in one way or another, is a 'LIE.'
● David’s son Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived, wrote, “…VANITY of VANITIES; all is VANITY” (Ecclesiasties 1:2).
"VANITY" turned the powerful Archangel Lucifer into Satan the devil. Wanting to get (AROUND) God’s Law, he (REBELLED). "VANITY" caused Eve to listen to Satan and to 'SIN' against God. "VANITY"—focus on "SELF"—leads women to purchase and apply "COSMETICS!"
Do women wear Makeup to show "LOVE" toward neighbor? NO! Do they wear it to (PLEASE) God? NO! They do it to focus on and please 'THEMSELVES.'
Eve was NOT in submission to Adam. She should have been concerned with (OBEYING) him and God. Instead, she set out on her 'OWN' and got into "BIG TROUBLE."

source: https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1867120970216824&id=100007568162438&refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1867120970216824%3Atl_objid.1867120970216824%3Athid.100007568162438%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1493621999%3A-4761718335850036672

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Daily Spiritual Digest~god The Greatest Determinant Factor / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.