Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures (30095 Views)

Fire At Utako Motor Park In Abuja; Passengers, Drivers Scamper For Safety / Man Playing With Cobras At Kano Motor Park / Why Are Alcoholic Drinks Allowed To Be Sold At Motor-Parks, Bus Stops, Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by metallisc(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:
The police took her to the mortuary? Who confirmed that she was dead? Was there a doctor on ground? Could it be that she fainted? Or fell into a coma? The entire health care apparatus in Nigeria is dead. The ideal would have been to call an emergency number and have paramedics take care of her and if indeed she died, have the coroner certify her dead and take her to the mortuary. I really doubt if that woman died on the spot. She probably just fainted from Exhaustion or at worst, went into a coma or suffering from Low BP. Someone just falls down and everybody scampers and concluded that she died. Pathetic.

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by oscaruzie(m): 10:46am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:
The police took her to the mortuary? Who confirmed that she was dead? Was there a doctor on ground? Could it be that she fainted? Or fell into a coma? The entire health care apparatus in Nigeria is dead. The ideal would have been to call an emergency number and have paramedics take care of her and if indeed she died, have the coroner certify her dead and take her to the mortuary. I really doubt if that woman died on the spot. She probably just fainted from Exhaustion or at worst, went into a coma or suffering from Low BP. Someone just falls down and everybody scampers and concluded that she died. Pathetic.

you're quite right bro. had a similar experience while in school. was sick, but had to travel down to lagos from benin. along the way it seemed like I had fainted but the kind-hearted co-passengers attended to me till we got to lagos. they dialed a relative with my phone and had her wait for me at the bus-stop. immediately I arrived she took me straight to the hospital for immediate treatment.

I believe if this lady was given good care and attention this shit won't have happened...
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by freethesheeple(m): 10:50am On Apr 28, 2017
36governors:

Source - http://www.viviangist.net/felicia-lagos-based-woman-slumps-dies-at-motor-park-in-uyo-pictures

God bless u for your Humaniterain Call..It shows how Patrotic u are to u clueless country,but be careful next time cos Police might accuse u of killing the woman.
Secondly the childern of Daddy O will still acttack ur Post by Reminiding and even quoting a place from the Bible that God said:
A.Go ye into the world and be Fruitful
B.A man who findeth wife,findeth a good thing[That Marriage is amost as a christain].
Thirdly,instead of the Husband taking her to hospital and then prayed for her Recovery,he opted to Call a Power palm oil annointed self acclaimed man of God.
Religion is the Reason why Africa is till in Years Behind..
#Freethesheeple.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by freethesheeple(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2017
God bless u for your Humaniterain Call..It shows how Patrotic u are to u clueless country,but be careful next time cos Police might accuse u of killing the woman.
Secondly the childern of Daddy O will still acttack ur Post by Reminiding and even quoting a place from the Bible that God said:
A.Go ye into the world and be Fruitful
B.A man who findeth wife,findeth a good thing[That Marriage is amost as a christain].
Thirdly,instead of the Husband taking her to hospital and then prayed for her Recovery,he opted to Call a Power palm oil annointed self acclaimed man of God.
Religion is the Reason why Africa is till in Years Behind..
#Freethesheeple.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2017
stup#d husband kawai, if na my wife, i will forbid her from travelling, unless its absolutely necessary, then even i will even borrow money to buy her a first class airplane ticket.

R.I.P
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by chiraqDemon(m): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:
Bro exactly what i wanted to post but i see uve said it all.
I refuse to believe that her heart stopped the moment she hit the floor
Nobody checked for a pulse or any other indication of life. The eoman could still have been alive for sometime

Ppl dont know first aid at all or how to find signs of life in a person, they just assume that once u hit the floor u r dead. That is why u hear stories of ppl rising from the dead so much in third world countries like nigeria. Somebody fainted and they assume the person is dead and take the corpse to church for prayers, if the person now wakes up from his unconsciousness they will start celebrating that they brought someone back to life.

The religious fear category is the least sensible of all
Some are scared to come in contact with a seemingly dead body on religious grounds such as not wanting the spirits haunting the woman to haunt them too, like wtf?

Just wish nigerians will one day be even half as intelligent as ppl abroad, if this happened in say US, someone would have rushed to give cpr and check her pulse. Btw if it was yankee sef nobody would be sending somebody to a pastor for prayers over sickness, if pastor prayers nor fit waka go meet person for hospital then make him keep am to himself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Missmossy(f): 11:30am On Apr 28, 2017
Eww such a disheartening situation embarassed if only they didn't travel. Nawa ooo really serious,her husband though undecided
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by mechanics(m): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2017
So touching, if the pastor was a real one, he wouldn't have disappeared, who knows maybe God can raise her up through him, but he fled, we need to just pray for the right partner for those who are still single.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 28, 2017
For emergency situations call 112
RIP
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by harriet412(f): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
Just imagine!..
Allowing ur wife travel long distance when she's sick to go nd meet a pastor. SMH..
Reminds me sometime ago when I traveling to lag from sch,i was really down dat day but I had to travel cos I had already booked the bus. When I got to bergar, I alighted from the bus ,got my luggage ,and was heading to board a bus down to agege. Few min I was blank, my eyelids were blinking continuously. The next thing, I fainted.
Anyways I was revived, they poured water on me and contacted my parents to come pick me up.. From that day, I NEVER travelled when I'm sick....
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by iamuye(m): 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
news like this saddens me.. how on earth would you send a sick woman(no b man for dat matter) on a 12-14 hour road journey?? the husband should be arrested and charged with murder bcuz it's obvious he caused the death of his own wife. illitracy+ignorance+being a too religious is a serious problem is this country.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by sisisioge: 12:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
It is well...may God rest her soul.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Shikena(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
To the 'Go-and-marry' crew on NL, again read that pastor's post - he must have seen, read and heard a lot. Many are suffering, some are dying slowly while some are already dead and most are pretending and smiling that all is well just to look blessed online and in real world. If you find a good person go ahead, if not then enjoy your life and serve your maker - marriage is not by force.

"Marriage is not by force. You can still make heaven without marriage ooh! Marriage is not a yardstick to measure success.
I speak in anger! if staying single will keep you alive, please stay single and live than to marry and die."
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Adeevah(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Make i catch you! angry

Come to my house
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Lumpyy(f): 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
Kai,it is well!!
Don't be so hasty to judge poster,maybe she insisted on going?its wrong to tag the man as the source of the problem when you don't know the full story please!!!
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by trishluvly(f): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
The husband sent her to a pastor with all those luggage? It's more like sending her back to her parents. It all boils down to lack of care and affection for his wife. Knowing fully well that she was sick, why didn't he accompany her on the journey or better still take her to a hospital? He allowed her to travel alone, not minding the state of her health, because he didn't care. Even if she decided to travel against his will, he could have gone with her cos that's what couple are for. He was supposed to be her friend and strength in her most difficult situation, yet he cared less. God bless him sha....
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Bahddo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
directonpc:
That phrase "dead on arrival" is offensive. Have respect for the dead. Mod take note.
sadly, the dead are dead and have no use for your 'respect' or pity. I wonder why you people in this part of the world respect the dead while insulting and treating the living badly. Respect and care for the living so they don't have to die preventable deaths.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Bahddo(m): 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Bro exactly what i wanted to post but i see uve said it all.
I refuse to believe that her heart stopped the moment she hit the floor
Nobody checked for a pulse or any other indication of life. The eoman could still have been alive for sometime

Ppl dont know first aid at all or how to find signs of life in a person, they just assume that once u hit the floor u r dead. That is why u hear stories of ppl rising from the dead so much in third world countries like nigeria. Somebody fainted and they assume the person is dead and take the corpse to church for prayers, if the person now wakes up from his unconsciousness they will start celebrating that they brought someone back to life.

The religious fear category is the least sensible of all
Some are scared to come in contact with a seemingly dead body on religious grounds such as not wanting the spirits haunting the woman to haunt them too, like wtf?

Just wish nigerians will one day be even half as intelligent as ppl abroad, if this happened in say US, someone would have rushed to give cpr and check her pulse. Btw if it was yankee sef nobody would be sending somebody to a pastor for prayers over sickness, if pastor prayers nor fit waka go meet person for hospital then make him keep am to himself.
well said. Countless lives have been lost because bystanders are unperturbed, scared or plain ignorant.

Wish there was a way to change our orientation in this country.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by directonpc(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bahddo:
sadly, the dead are dead and have no use for your 'respect' or pity. I wonder why you people in this part of the world respect the dead while insulting and treating the living badly. Respect and care for the living so they don't have to die preventable deaths.
tor I hear.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
Yahoo Pastor.... Nigerian pastors are different from other countries pastors. I guess that's the reason they are so wealthy!!!
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by akigbemaru: 1:24am On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by DebbieLaw(f): 7:51am On Apr 29, 2017
Life is such a mystery. I happen to be at dat park wer our driver had to pick people headed for calabar and d lady the who sat with d woman boarded wit us..she narrated d ordeal..but truth be told d way ppl are tryin to edge d whole tin on d husband is actually inhuman..u dnt no d full story nor the truth so I suggest u zip ur mouth,judging ppl as if u are any better. Dnt u tink smtin was d rzn she had to travel alone,wat if it was an agreement n d husband had to stay wit d little kids? Pls if u dnt hv facts jst keep mute..u wernt evn der for starters n ur sorry opinions cud be wrong!!
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by uglodoh(f): 11:01pm On May 02, 2017
what of if it was the woman that insisted that she wanted to travel and the husband prevailed upon not to. just to let peace reign, the man obliged her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration / Slangs Used In Portharcourt / Ikot Oku Flyover, Abak, Akwa Ibom In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.