Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander (1813 Views)

Was Scammed By Odogwu Gabruwl / How I Was Scammed By Aminu Abdulwaheed / Please Help!! I Just Got Scammed By Snizzerkiller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by IamAgod(m): 9:19am On Apr 28, 2017

name withheld*** with username g...n posted on NL that he wanted to sell an iPhone Se 16gb (some pple probably would have seen the post too) for 60k, even tho I thought it was too cheap to be real but I called him he said his sister in Dublin sent it to him but, but he doesn't need it since he's using an iPhone 6 already and he needed cash so he had to beat the price down to attract buyers, then I thought in my mind.... well that could be true tho!
so I asked how we gonna deal since I'm in I.b he's in lag (i beliv he stays in Ojodu, Berger), but he told me he'll do it the local way by sending it through a cab... to cut the long story short, I transferred 40k to him as we agreed, so I'll balance up when I get the phone and after I transferred the money I called him to confirm the payment and he said yes he just saw the alert that he's on his way to the park already,
that was the last time I heard from him, he has since blocked my number close his account on NL and ignored my messages
these set of pple make me want to believe that Nigeria's future is bleeped
mods pls help me push this to the FP
at least to make him a famous scammer
account number : ********
Bank :GTB
mobile number :********
and yes I did check his history he's done some pretty good deals here on NL

he has called to tell me the phone was stolen, that he's been trying to reach me ever since, (me: wonders where he put my number b4 today) until he saw my post here on NL...

all his info was withheld because he promised to refund my money when he called today
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by rheether(f): 9:22am On Apr 28, 2017
Your mumu no get part two. Don't blame him blame yourself for been so stupid..

13 Likes

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by IamAgod(m): 9:23am On Apr 28, 2017
rheether:
I know thanks!
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by AtlanticBreeze: 9:25am On Apr 28, 2017
IamAgod:
Henry ogbole with username goon posted on NL that he wanted to sell an iPhone Se 16gb (some pple probably would have seen the post too) for 60k, even tho I thought it was too cheap to be real but I called him he said his sister in Dublin sent it to him but, but he doesn't need it since he's using an iPhone 6 already and he needed cash so he had to beat the price down to attract buyers, then I thought in my mind.... well that could be true tho!
so I asked how we gonna deal since I'm in I.b he's in lag (i beliv he stays in Ojodu, Berger), but he told me he'll do it the local way by sending it through a cab... to cut the long story short, I transferred 40k to him as we agreed, so I'll balance up when I get the phone and after I transferred the money I called him to confirm the payment and he said yes he just saw the alert that he's on his way to the park already.
that was the last time I heard of him, he has since blocked my number close his account on NL and ignored my messages
at least to make Ogbole Henry famous
No you have yourself entirely to blame. It was a very cheap scam smh
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by wahles(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2017
.op# u bleeped up.
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by sotall(m): 9:32am On Apr 28, 2017
chai.....sorry for your loss bro.

You are not stupid for what you did, the scammer is the stupid one here.

One check you should have done before going ahead with the deal is to check his history on niaraland e.g previous deals and other details. We have people on nairaland especially on technology market who will not trade their integrity for a million naira not to talk of 40k.

Just take heart and be more careful next time

7 Likes

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 28, 2017
How can you transfer 40k to someone you have never met before?
Eh, I remember when person scam me, it's painful.

See why I said cheap things is not good? Hope you learn your lesson.

40k for this recession.

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Alwaysking: 9:37am On Apr 28, 2017
rheether:
Shut up pls, nobody is above mistake, i'm sure the op has learnt his lesson nw.

7 Likes

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Yuneehk(f): 9:38am On Apr 28, 2017
As in someone you don't know and haven't met before, you just dash am 40k! See how one small boy just take use your head. You've probably learnt your lesson the hard way sad
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by sinebaba(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2017
IamAgod:
Henry ogbole with username goon posted on NL that he wanted to sell an iPhone Se 16gb (some pple probably would have seen the post too) for 60k, even tho I thought it was too cheap to be real but I called him he said his sister in Dublin sent it to him but, but he doesn't need it since he's using an iPhone 6 already and he needed cash so he had to beat the price down to attract buyers, then I thought in my mind.... well that could be true tho!
so I asked how we gonna deal since I'm in I.b he's in lag (i beliv he stays in Ojodu, Berger), but he told me he'll do it the local way by sending it through a cab... to cut the long story short, I transferred 40k to him as we agreed, so I'll balance up when I get the phone and after I transferred the money I called him to confirm the payment and he said yes he just saw the alert that he's on his way to the park already.
that was the last time I heard of him, he has since blocked my number close his account on NL and ignored my messages
your info is not complete, his acct number? His moniker on nl?
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by youngG10(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2017
blame your self dump!!! you wanted to cheat him..and you got cheated in return....rest in pieces to your money
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by rheether(f): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2017
Alwaysking:
Shut up pls, nobody is above mistake, i'm sure the op has learnt his lesson nw.

Yes and I can't believe he just learnt that lesson now..
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Alwaysking: 10:05am On Apr 28, 2017
rheether:

Yes and I can't believe he just learnt that lesson now..
Hmmm ada..
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by perezuche(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2017
Yuneehk:
As in someone you don't know and haven't met before, you just dash am 40k! See how one small boy just take use your head. You've probably learnt your lesson the hard way sad
sonofLuci:

40k for this recession.

Sending cash to someone you have never met before is not the problem here, the problem is the kind/type of person you are sending the cash to, like someone rightly said here,
sotall:
chai.....sorry for your loss bro.

You are not stupid for what you did, the scammer is the stupid one here.

One check you should have done before going ahead with the deal is to check his history on niaraland e.g previous deals and other details. We have people on nairaland especially on technology market who will not trade their integrity for a million naira not to talk of 40k.

Just take heart and be more careful next time
there are those who would get up to a million Naira payment upfront and you have never met that person before, yet the person would deliver, so it's all about the persons values and motives, you duped your fellow man 40k and you think you are smart, that's not sharpness or being wise, it is the height of stupidity

5 Likes

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by vizboy(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2017
Simply call your bank and repot it. They will block the ACC.

It is as simple as that. Don't waste any time in doing that
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by emmy4lov(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2017
IamAgod:
hmm .. that's so pathetic ... you should have requested he bring the phone to you.. never be desperate in business else ull loose even the deal you think you about to win.. stay calm and be rootless when negotiating. ..

don't worry you'll recover in double folds, you learnt the hard way ..

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by emmy4lov(m): 10:42am On Apr 28, 2017
vizboy:
Simply call your bank and repot it. They will block the ACC.

It is as simple as that. Don't waste any time in doing that
he would have withdraw the money and left the account for another mugu to pay in.

but if you can go with police report, I think they can reveal his BVN details to you .. and you can fight it from there ..
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by kelsidengkucio(m): 11:04am On Apr 28, 2017
its not just ur fault, I have sent money more than that to someone I don't know and he delivered.
Next time just do some follow up before u send the money. Wish u can provide us with his moniker so that other will not fall victim.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2017
rheether:
And that's the best you can offer, he is not stupid but you're, and coming from a babe like you, i pitty ur spouse..
Bro sorry for your loss am sure u made such transaction based on trust, relax all is well..

3 Likes

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
Op sorry for the lost.
Kindly post his details here to blacklist him
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by bigiyaro(m): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
rheether:
u mean the thief should not be blamed for being a thief?

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by francisbarrack(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
youngG10:
blame your self dump!!! you wanted to cheat him..and you got cheated in return....rest in pieces to your money

Can't believe this is coming out from ur...
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by bizza45: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
d way people talk on nairaland makes me wonder if they have brain @all or if na metal dey their head... I have done a lot of business with people I never met b4 yet it was successful ....because someone pulled a cheap scam Una come dey Blame d victim that's so stupid... most of u guys insulting d victim are scammers and u have trust issues that y Una fit open Una mouth come dey yarn nonsense

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by AskProf: 12:05am On Apr 30, 2017
IamAgod:

name withheld*** with username g...n posted on NL that he wanted to sell an iPhone Se 16gb (some pple probably would have seen the post too) for 60k, even tho I thought it was too cheap to be real but I called him he said his sister in Dublin sent it to him but, but he doesn't need it since he's using an iPhone 6 already and he needed cash so he had to beat the price down to attract buyers, then I thought in my mind.... well that could be true tho!
so I asked how we gonna deal since I'm in I.b he's in lag (i beliv he stays in Ojodu, Berger), but he told me he'll do it the local way by sending it through a cab... to cut the long story short, I transferred 40k to him as we agreed, so I'll balance up when I get the phone and after I transferred the money I called him to confirm the payment and he said yes he just saw the alert that he's on his way to the park already,
that was the last time I heard from him, he has since blocked my number close his account on NL and ignored my messages

he has called to tell me the phone was stolen, that he's been trying to reach me ever since, (me: wonders where he put my number b4 today) until he saw my post here on NL...

all his info was withheld because he promised to refund my money when he called today

His phone was stolen & his Nairaland account deleted?
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by nani667: 2:59am On Apr 30, 2017
Hmmm...
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 30, 2017
IamAgod:

U got an offer of a cheap Iphone...and u couldn't use an extra 1,500 to transport urself to lagos to collect the fone..?
.Ibadan is just an hour away from lagos....why would u send money first for such a short distance..

Abi the guy jazz you niiii......cos e be like say the jazz never clear from ur eyes ooo

It seems u are using style to beleive he will send ur money after he displayed the the attitude of a classic street scammer by deleting his nairaland account and blocking you...

Oga..be careful..in the world of fraud....there's what is called...... Ripple-scamming...its a gimmick used to collect more money from the victim.....

This bastardd can tell u he has another iphone 6plus...just to compensate u for the delay... just add 20k and he'll sell it to u...to make it look real he will now say let's not do it via public transport...come to lagos and collect it by urself.....pple have fallen for this kinda scam ooo when they reach the location they will get robbed if possible carry u to ATM to withdraw all ur money b4 they release you...

I hope it's not the same case...if u get ur cash back..all well and good shaaa

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by IamAgod(m): 11:31am On May 01, 2017
well, the person in question has sent 10k to my account yesterday sorry I couldn't update I was busy... said he had issues with his account but he had to borrow the money from a friend to show he really want to refund the money, and that he'll send the balance once his account issue has been resolved this week (hopefully), Thank y'all for the comments I think y'all are really working the magic here not me nor him... ofcos everyone fears for his/her good name but I'd like to think the guy was also a victim of an unexpected circumstances (when he balance up though wink )
1stopRudeness
AskProf
bizza45
francisbarrack
bigiyaro
Ehuatamuigunisi
kelsidengkucio
Zerotraffic
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by mavinc4u(f): 12:22pm On May 01, 2017
IamAgod:
well, the person in question has sent 10k to my account yesterday sorry I couldn't update I was busy... said he had issues with his account but he had to borrow the money from a friend to show he really want to refund the money, and that he'll send the balance once his account issue has been resolved this week (hopefully), Thank y'all for the comments I think y'all are really working the magic here not me nor him... ofcos everyone fears for his/her good name but I'd like to think the guy was also a victim of an unexpected circumstances (when he balance up though wink )
1stopRudeness
AskProf
bizza45
francisbarrack
bigiyaro
Ehuatamuigunisi
kelsidengkucio
Zerotraffic

Forget it, he won't balance up. That is a trick used by scammers. Imagine stories; they stole his phone then account is having issues. Believe it or not, that money has entered pipeline. The fraudster can prove me wrong by paying all the money.

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Phemmygbl(m): 2:18pm On May 01, 2017
sonofLuci:

40k for this recession.
Well I have sold an s7 to someone I have never seen or met before on this same Nairaland. He transferred 150k to me and I sent the phone to him after 2-3 days. What do you call him or me?

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by Phemmygbl(m): 2:20pm On May 01, 2017
perezuche:

Sending cash to someone you have never met before is not the problem here, the problem is the kind/type of person you are sending the cash to, like someone rightly said here, there are those who would get up to a million Naira payment upfront and you have never met that person before, yet the person would deliver, so it's all about the persons values and motives, you duped your fellow man 40k and you think you are smart, that's not sharpness or being wise, it is the height of stupidity
God bless you for this
Re: Scam Alert... How I Was Scammed By A NLander by chinybelle(f): 6:46am On Sep 05, 2017
IamAgod:

1stopRudeness
AskProf
bizza45
francisbarrack
bigiyaro
Ehuatamuigunisi
kelsidengkucio
Zerotraffic

If he can borrow 10k why didn't he borrow 40k?
You are not seeing the scam yet?

Let's wait for 2weeks

(1) (Reply)

UK used Laptops At Affordable Prize!!! Very Clean!!! / Massive Sales Low Cost Laptops (HP, Dell, Lenovo, And More Brands) in Kano / sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.