Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Lepa And African Beauty - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lepa And African Beauty (2434 Views)

Miss Somalia Wins African Beauty Pageant In USA 2013 / If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? / African Beauty: Cool Girl ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2010
How do you cope as a lepa within the Nigerian community? Do you still get comments like: haba you nor get food eat?

Ahahahhahah! Share you lepa experiences!
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by africhika(f): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2010
i used to think my dad was ashamed of me. embarassed
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 07, 2010
Why do you say this? Did he make you wear over size clothes to hide your lepa figure?
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by africhika(f): 2:36am On Jan 07, 2010
^^ grin
naw, that would be crazy.
@ dinner parties he calls me out in front of his friends.
he says i eat like a bird. oh well
i think he's accepted my small frame now.  cool

at church (mostly nigerians) i get teased for being skinny with a butt that really pokes out.
they said i'm like an ant--small with back power
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by africhika(f): 2:41am On Jan 07, 2010
michelin89, that u in the pic? ur very pretty
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 07, 2010
africhika:

^^ grin
naw, that would be crazy.
@ dinner parties he calls me out in front of his friends.
he says i eat like a bird. oh well
i think he's accepted my small frame now.  cool

at church (mostly nigerians) i get teased for being skinny with a butt that really pokes out.
they said i'm like an ant--small with back power

I have never really been small size wise. Always caught at the middle. Not slim, not fat. But then I blew up. It made me look older than my age and I didn't like it.

Now I am smaller and I am enjoying every bit of it although my parents say I look like a starved child. I have prominent chest bone. I can do little to hide them. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by OgidiBoy(m): 5:33am On Jan 07, 2010
what is lepa ? do you mean leprosy.

Anyway this is the michelin I remember, the new michelin these days is not as nice sad

Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 07, 2010
awwww, she soo cute.
lol I guess those were the innocent high school days grin
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 07, 2010
MY EXPERIENCE:

Ah ahhhn, wetin?! Na only you get the mouth in the family?
grin grin grin
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by No2Atheism(m): 6:05am On Jan 07, 2010
@gators

chk ur facebook
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 07, 2010
No2Atheism:

@gators

chk your facebook
lol you have my facebook? shocked shocked shocked

I'll check then. Happy New Year, sweets
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 07, 2010
@ ogidi

Why post my picture? Please remove it, thanks. undecided
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 07, 2010
OgidiBoy:

what is lepa ? do you mean leprosy.

Anyway this is the michelin I remember, the new michelin these days is not as nice  sad

Lepa is a way of life.

Maybe na you get leprosy! tongue
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by ogunsam75(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2010
lol
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2010
Is it possible to be well fed and still remain a bag of bones?
Lol
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by africhika(f): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2010
^^ yep.
one bini lady @ my church eats junk food NONSTOP.
she's only 90 pounds @ 25 years old. she's been trying to gain weight for 10 yrs.

funny thing, her sisters/mom are all humongous elephants.
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by chiogo(f): 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2010
^90 pounds?? That's very skinny oo.

@topic, Yes I always got the "you should eat more" from Nigerians, esp. all these Nigerian mothers at Nigerian parties. They just no sabi mind their business.  tongue Or some will say, "do your brothers eat all the food? They should leave some for you" tsk. Funny thing though is that I eat more than many people and no, I don't throw up either. It's just what it is.
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by oyinda3(f): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2010
yea it's definitely a nigerian thing.

africhika:

^^ yep.
one bini lady @ my church eats junk food NONSTOP.
she's only 90 pounds @ 25 years old. she's been trying to gain weight for 10 yrs.

funny thing, her sisters/mom are all humongous elephants.

shocked she needs to see the doctor. that's extreme!!!
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2010
I think first we need to know her height.
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by oyinda3(f): 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2010
it better be 4'11 and below. rotfl anything above that, then she seems grossly underweight. esp since she's 25 yrs n not a pre-teen lol
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2010
oyinda.:

it better be 4'11 and below. rotfl anything above that, then she seems grossly underweight. esp since she's 25 yrs n not a pre-teen lol

She may be sick and not know it. I suggest she visits a doctor. We are discussing healthy slim girls, not bag of bones!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by africhika(f): 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2010
she's like 5'5.
she's just always been like that and her sisters are all huge
no one in the church sees her as a sickling. they just make jokes and she laughs
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2010
If you want to escape the 'you no dey chop' in a Nigerian gathering, don't wear skinny jeans. undecided Just wear a loose summery gown. cheesy It helps if you are not flat chested too. cheesy You lepa and you no at least get b oobs or a ss is just suicidal. They will finish you.
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by chiogo(f): 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2010
africhika:

she's like 5'5.
she's just always been like that and her sisters are all huge
no one in the church sees her as a sickling. they just make jokes and she laughs
5'5 is not short, average for a female, I'd say. She's really skinny though since she's not even short.

I know someone like that too but she's Asian, I guess they're generally small by nature.

stillwater:

If you want to escape the 'you no dey chop' in a Nigerian gathering, don't wear skinny jeans. undecided Just wear a loose summery gown. cheesy It helps if you are not flat chested too. cheesy You lepa and you no at least get b oobs or a ss is just suicidal. They will finish you.
LMAO, very true!!! But some people will still know, the amebo is just too much. grin
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by No2Atheism(m): 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2010
stillwater:

grin How are u sure it would work . . . or do you know something some of us don't grin
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 09, 2010
I don't know anything o. I'm just giving the lepas advice.
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by oyinda3(f): 2:11am On Jan 09, 2010
yea it's a good advice. and when its in the winter, layer up very well. 3pants,2 shirts and 2 sweaters+ 1 bulky coat. u can gain at least 40lbs by this method. the nigerian men and women will be very proud of ur parents 4 feeding u well.
no u won't feel too hot. skinny ppl generally don't feel too hot. or maybe not. haahhaha
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by chiogo(f): 2:23am On Jan 09, 2010
^ lmfao!!!
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 09, 2010
But

i thought the lepas or skinnies generally alwayz had trouble looking shapeless in some outfits and choosing what dress wud properly fit

i think maybe most are losing self confidence since being skinny is nolonger so attractive to guyz~ on the average

Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2010
adolfe bad:

But

i thought the lepas or skinnies generally alwayz had trouble looking shapeless in some outfits and choosing what dress wud properly fit

i think maybe most are losing self confidence since being skinny is nolonger so attractive to guyz~ on the average

Every woman have problems with certain outfits. What a lepa would wear might not necessarily fit a full figured woman.
oyinda.:

yea it's a good advice. and when its in the winter, layer up very well. 3pants,2 shirts and 2 sweaters+ 1 bulky coat. u can gain at least 40lbs by this method. the nigerian men and women will be very proud of your parents 4 feeding u well.
no u won't feel too hot. skinny ppl generally don't feel too hot. or maybe not. haahhaha

Lol. grin
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2010
Its interesting how most of you skinnies check your mirrors and see that obvious need to get a lil more busty here or there

or don't you?
Re: Lepa And African Beauty by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2010
No woman is satisfied with the way she looks. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

CONTROVERSY: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir / Nigerians And 'rankadede' Mentality / PHOTOS: See The Terrible Lives Of Nigerian Prostitutes(mostly Edo Girls) In Ital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.