Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Who Am I? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Am I? (529 Views)

My Stolen Heartbeat / Who Am I / Am I An Introvert? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Am I? by abimbolabolaw(m): 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
A sense of inadequacy often informs the question around "Who am I?" As people engage the deepening complexity of understanding themselves, they would fare much better to devote themselves to the unfolding process of life. Witnessing our thoughts, not reacting out of old habit, and becoming present enable us to better craft our lives. As such, the identity that we seek fires the wave of life, enriched by the flow.

Our identity should be seen as an ongoing process. Rather than a static snapshot, we should embrace a flowing sense of self, whereby we are perpetually re-framing, re-organizing, re-thinking and re-considering ourselves. How different would life be if rather than asking who am I, we contemplated how we'd like to engage life?

The universe purportedly exists in a state of flowing potential. And it is essential to understand that we are indeed part of that universe. The goal then is to access that potential, keeping the parts of our identity that continue to serve us well and shedding the old, habitual pieces that constrain us. This process is known as positive disintegration. This permits us to find balance between the extremes previously discussed and enter into a relationship with self that commits to our personal evolution.

# IYANU MASHELE

# iam_lawrencezi
Re: Who Am I? by tukdi: 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
You are a .... lipsrsealed tongue

(1) (Reply)

Why I Wrote ‘african Bedtime Stories(1)’- Godwin Nwaogwugwu (peoples Daily) / Ex-convicts??? / 30 Days Writing Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.