Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Arsenal ‘will Sign’ Kylian Mbappe, Says Robert Pires - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal ‘will Sign’ Kylian Mbappe, Says Robert Pires (382 Views)

Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / Chelsea Sign Kylian Hazard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal ‘will Sign’ Kylian Mbappe, Says Robert Pires by themomentng: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
Arsenal legend Robert Pires says his former club will sign talented teenager Kylian Mbappe from Monaco.
The striker has been linked to several of Europe’s top clubs, but the French side’s £100m price-tag has so far proved a sticking point.
But Pires says Mbappe will head to the Emirates, and that Arsene Wenger is the best man to help him develop.
‘I do think Arsenal will sign him,’ Pires, who spent six years at the club and won two Premier League titles, told Bwin.
‘The problem is how much. Mbappe has the potential to play for Arsenal and Wenger is the right manager to manage him.
‘Monaco and Arsenal are very similar in clubs, so it won’t be much of a transition.’
Wenger helped develop another Monaco graduate, Thierry Henry, into a superstar at Arsenal.
But Pires is wary of comparisons between the two French forwards, saying it is too soon to place Mbappe in the company of Henry.
‘The comparison is unnecessary, he’s not ready to be compared to Thierry. Mbappe is a very similar player but to compare the two players would be unfair.
‘I hope that Kylian can follow in the footsteps of Thierry Henry, he has the same profile as Thierry – quick, strong and a great finisher but he’s very young so I would hold off on comparisons just yet.’
Pires still trains with his former club, and has been a vocal advocate for Wenger’s management despite supporter unrest.
And the Gunners legend says he believes Wenger will sign a new deal this summer having led Arsenal back into the Champions League and having won the FA Cup.
‘I always want to see Arsenal finish in the top four. Champions League is incredibly important for the club, fans and players.
‘I understand that you cannot give up a big trophy like the FA Cup but Champions League is much better for the club. But, I think Arsenal will finish in the top four, and win the FA Cup.
‘I understand the fans and it’s quite right to criticise the players when they’re not performing and it’s down to the players to prove those critics wrong.
‘You’re not always going to win the league, it’s impossible and there are so many good teams in this league.
‘My message to the fans is be patient. Arsene has done well for a long, long time and he knows that the fans want to compete in the Premier League and he’s doing his best to make sure that happens.
‘Of course there are reasons why it hasn’t happened this season, but Arsene is 100 per cent the right man for the job.
‘I want Arsene to extend his contract for two or three more seasons, I’ve made that very clear. I think we can challenge for the league next year.’

(1) (Reply)

British-nigerian, Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Wladimir Klitschko - See Videos / Very Important: Mistake People Made In Building And Is Repercussion / What Football Team Should Adeola Support?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.