Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,333 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) (35441 Views)

Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Cladez(m): 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
It should be origin of tribal mark in afonja land

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Nigeriadondie: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
Dino pass bill to make embezzling public funds death sentence or life imprisonment. We have many goats eating yams
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
In Igboland, tribal marks were scarification process is called igbu ichi, and scar called ‘ichi’.

cool
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by 99foxxy(f): 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
It shows how blacks are wicked, performing local surgeries on beautiful faces. Thank God for enlightenment...
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by policy12: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kennitrust:
off topic:

please, how much does it cost to have a driver license

experience person should help me.

Atleast 20k. I did mine 2yrs ago it was 15k.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by ceejay80s(m): 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Afonja special, na dem carry 1st for tearing faces

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Kennitrust(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
policy12:

Atleast 20k. I did mine 2yrs ago it was 15k.
thanks. but the FRSC is putting at N17500
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by lastmaster(m): 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
Homeboiy:
I have a mark on my face which shows iam an igbo man

nobody dey ask me my tribe if i pass

again i go against female mutilation

my ex is circumsied, she no get clitoris
lol, my babe self no get clit, she hardly get satisfied wt sex.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Homeboiy: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
lastmaster:
lol, my babe self no get clit, she hardly get satisfied wt sex.

let her fuk u, she will be satisfied

cowgirl position
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by bamdly(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
ahh i love tribal mark
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Aharpride1(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Sipping lipton! Who tribal marks epp?
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by policy12: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kennitrust:
thanks.
but the FRSC is putting at N17500

It also depend on the state u are..u will definitely spend more than that as u progress.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Entom(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
How I wish this will stop
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by lastmaster(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
Homeboiy:

let her fuk u, she will be satisfied

cowgirl position
I told her to try it one day but she's not good at that.I asked her to come down before she go paralyze my cock.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Osanoghodua1: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
Thank you but the Tribal marks of the Benin Kingdom started under the reign of Oba Ewuare 1 Ne Ogidigan( The great) The greater Oba of Benin.

This was because there was a mass exodus of the Benin from the kingdom due to his imposition of no sex in the Kingdom for 3yrs due to the mourning of the death of his sons.

The people couldn't endure it so they started moving away, he ordered tribal marking.
So if you see any Benin with mark, so you will either repatriat them or face war.

When the law was relaxed however, few people returned. The Itsekiri wanted to copy the Benin, but there was a mix up.

Source: Short History of Benin by Jacob Egharevba.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by sunnyeinstein(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
Op is a big liar!!! Tribal marks because of slave trade kini? There has been tribal mark even before the white man stepped foot on our coast. Better goan read history v.well.

Desperate blogger lookin for cheap publicity angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Paruz1015(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kennitrust:
off topic:

please, how much does it cost to have a driver license

experience person should help me.
You can get a license for #11000 . But the price also depends on the time of expiration. You have the one for 3 years and 5 years
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by brojoshua: 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
It is more likely that it is a commandment of a god that the people who practice it are or were serving, so it could be obedience to a commandment of their god.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Homeboiy: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
lastmaster:
I told her to try it one day but she's not good at that.I asked her to come down before she go paralyze my cock.

she can only be satisfied in that position

Any other position i tried wit my ex was a waste cos she gets angry after every sex
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by ziga: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
Tribal marks are part of our culture, just like tattoos are part of the American culture.

They accept their tattoos (which is equally painful) but have "reservations" about our tribal marks.

And we black people bring our other black people down for this culture. (just listen to the IPOB vs AFOJA BS)

At one point tattoos were seen as somewhat negative, but they have celebrated it and uplifted it so much that it is now in style and our African brothers have even adopted it.

We are past the times of war and children being stolen, so the idea of tribal marks for identification is archaic, but if as an addult, you choose to have some fancy updated scar, designed on you face, please do it and celebrate it.

Tribal marks are our own cultural tattoo.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by ilohemmy(m): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
If my parents had done this to me, I will hate them for life
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by billyG(m): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
Tribal mark even better sef,what of this shiit...

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by BeardedKarma(m): 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
Homeboiy:

low sex libido

learn how to quote well

Teacher teach me nonsense!
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
Agimor:
grin Afonja's are in the forefront of tribal mark.... Any Afonja without a tribal mark, is that one an Afonja... Even Seun has his own...
you are joking right?
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
If you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones; those from the SE who are ignorantly insulting the Yorubas through this thread because of tribal marks should also take note that Igbos too have tribals marks - known as Ichi markings; here are some examples:

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by fratermathy(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
Urhobo/Isokos also have tribal marks. However, ours is less pronounced. It manifests as two vertical marks on both cheeks. However, some clans may have more elaborate ones. Itsekiris also have similar markings.

Another form of scarification that is common is done when children are either very sick or exhibit symptoms of "eghwrudjakpor" (Ogbanje/Abiku). These marks are very pronounced and may be put anywhere with the latter being on the face and the former on any other part of the body. The marks consist of long and unpatterned horizontal/vertical marks, with the aim of deliberately scarring the body for its own sake, rather than for identification or aesthetics. It is believed that these scars can keep a child in this world, with good health and longevity.

Finally, we also have marks that are peculiar to various community sects, temples, cults, traditional medicine, charms, etc. These ones are done on the forehead, arms, legs and kneels. Substances are put into the wounds after the cuts and these cuts become permanent scars.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by younggenius1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
If you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones; those from the SE who are ignorantly insulting the Yorubas through this thread because of tribal marks should also take note that Igbos too have tribals marks - known as Ichi markings; here are some examples:
i don't think thats the igbo,stick that into your head bcuz i said it.

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by bcbones: 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
@Codedrock pls enligten me, my dad has 3 bold line crossed down his chest, do you knw anything about what type it is?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria / Lamidi Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives 'Oloris' (Photo) / Prince Uchechukwu NNAM-Obi At The Nchaka Festival Of Omoku, Rivers State Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.