Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Help With My Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help With My Dog (1381 Views)

How Do I Make My Dog To Be Aggressive? Please Help. / My Dog Lost Her Entire Litter Of 9 Pups / My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My Dog by turok: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2017
My Pitbull Terrier Hair pulling off

Re: Help With My Dog by ogunjyde2004(m): 9:21am On Apr 29, 2017
Try and see a veterinary doctor as soon as possible. Give her cod liver oil, rob palm kernel oil on her and use good shampoo to bath her.

1 Like

Re: Help With My Dog by turok: 10:35am On Apr 29, 2017
Pet Cod Liver Oil or anyone?

ogunjyde2004:
Try and see a veterinary doctor as soon as possible. Give her cod liver oil, rob palm kernel oil on her and use good shampoo to bath her.
Re: Help With My Dog by Caveatemptor(m): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
Dogs shed their hair all the time.
i diont think it is a serious issue.
The hair will grow back.
Goggle "shedding in dogs".

1 Like

Re: Help With My Dog by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
Caveatemptor:
Dogs shed their hair all the time.
i diont think it is a serious issue.
The hair will grow back.
Goggle "shedding in dogs".

This is not hair shedding oooo...its mange..caused by parasitic mites...
@OP in severe cases your dog can loose all its fur....its not usually fatal, but can make ur dog loose weight if not taken cared of...like someone rightly said,kennel oil(adin agbon) can help if the infection isn't much....best thing is to take ur dog to a vet....injection does the trick
Re: Help With My Dog by Caveatemptor(m): 5:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
@OP,
Is the skin of your dog red or bloody?
If not it is normal shedding of hair due to hot weather.
If the skin is sore and blood red,it could be mange as 1stoprudness has stated in that case see a vet.
Good luck.
Re: Help With My Dog by turok: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
The body is not red or bloody but it still gives me course for concern....

Caveatemptor:
@OP,
Is the skin of your dog red or bloody?
If not it is normal shedding of hair due to hot weather.
If the skin is sore and blood red,it could be mange as 1stoprudness has stated in that case see a vet.
Good luck.
Re: Help With My Dog by turok: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
Do I rub the kernel oil all over the body? Or just the place I noticed the hair is shedding

1StopRudeness:

This is not hair shedding oooo...its mange..caused by parasitic mites...
@OP in severe cases your dog can loose all its fur....its not usually fatal, but can make ur dog loose weight if not taken cared of...like someone rightly said,kennel oil(adin agbon) can help if the infection isn't much....best thing is to take ur dog to a vet....injection does the trick
Re: Help With My Dog by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
turok:
Do I rub the kernel oil all over the body? Or just the place I noticed the hair is shedding

The deal about kennel oil is that it has to be those local ones cos they are usually original..there are some useles ones packaged inside bottle they are not different from anointing oil... .if u can afford much, then u can rob it all over the body, cos u don't know where the parasite has infected waiting to manifest visibly on the skin...
injection is better...I have three dogs and the vet treated all three for just 5k ,he even added tick injection without extra charge....since its just one dog...I don't think it will cost much...
Re: Help With My Dog by turok: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
Thanks. I don't know of a good bet here in Ughelli Delta State.

1StopRudeness:

The deal about kennel oil is that it has to be those local ones cos they are usually original..there are some useles ones packaged inside bottle they are not different from anointing oil... .if u can afford much, then u can rob it all over the body, cos u don't know where the parasite has infected waiting to manifest visibly on the skin...
injection is better...I have three dogs and the vet treated all three for just 5k ,he even added tick injection without extra charge....since its just one dog...I don't think it will cost much...
Re: Help With My Dog by ogunjyde2004(m): 6:21am On Apr 30, 2017
turok:
Pet Cod Liver Oil or anyone?

anyone

(1) (Reply)

Rednose Male Pitbulls For Sale / Check Out This Creature That Was Murdered / Adult Female Siberian Husky For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.