Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Hidden Diamonds - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hidden Diamonds (417555 Views)

Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Hidden Desire By Blair / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 7:36am On May 23, 2017
EvaJael:

Una no go kill me...anyway ba d same Nepa wey do queenitee bad tin dey do me too
Nepa!!! Ehn, you people are savage o
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 7:39am On May 23, 2017
Bae, we made it to Fp. Congrats
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 9:00am On May 23, 2017
queenitee:
Bae, we made it to Fp. Congrats
Whoa! Thanks dear. High five
Re: Hidden Diamonds by ebidabs: 9:52am On May 23, 2017
Hmmm when is the next episode coming up?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:01am On May 23, 2017
Jamille

Niel squeezed out time from his busy schedule to come see Gloria and I. He took us to Kilimanjaro to have lunch with him.
He ordered for Eba and Afang soup and so did Rachel. I opted for jollof rice and chicken instead.
"Jathniel thanks for saving my life. The kind of hunger that was destroying my stomach is unexplainable." Gloria said as she swallowed a huge ball of Eba.
"Gloria, you haven't changed a bit. You still talk with food in your mouth." Niel shook his head.
"Niel,tell her for me o. I don't know what it takes for her to swallow food before she talks." I added.
"You guys should let me be abeg. How come you're the only one who calls my brother Niel in the whole world." She was rolling yet another ball of eba in her hand.
I glared at her. "Gloria!"
Jathniel was about to laugh but I turned to him and he stifled it.
"It's the truth na. You even make me feel jealous that I never thought of such a short form." She pouted.
I rolled my eyes. "That's not funny Gloria."
"Gloria don't do that to my bestie again. She's clearly embarrassed."
"Alright. I'm sorry Mille. I'll get you Boli tonight if you'll be my friend." Gloria apologised with a smile.
I sat up on my chair. "You'll really do that for me?!"
"Sure. We all know you have an insatiable urge for Boli."
I laughed. "Thanks Gloria and thanks Niel."
Gloria groaned "Ugh, she said Niel again."
"I won't answer you Gloria." I was struggling with my chicken.
"Yikes! I've stained my blouse with soup o." Gloria exclaimed.
Niel and I burst into laughter. "That's what you get for disturbing my Mille."
My phone beeped on the table and I picked it up.
I almost lost my breath when I read the text message I just received.
Niel must have noticed the change in my countenance. He tapped my hand "What's wrong Mille?"
I faked a smile. "It's nothing Niel. Gloria hurry na, we have a class by four pm. I need to get home to pick some books first."
"I'm not eating this meat again. It has soiled my favourite blouse." She whined.
"Sorry." I replied curtly. She appeared shocked by my response.
"What is going on?" She asked.
Thankfully, Niel cut in "Let me drop you at your apartment girls. I have a meeting to attend soon."
I was silent throughout the short journey back to my apartment. Niel dropped us and I said a quick 'bye' as I rushed into the house.
Gloria stood akimbo watching me. "Do you mind telling me what's wrong with you Mille?"
I was looking for a particular book but I couldn't find it. "Damn it" I muttered under my breath.
"What was that Mille?"
"Listen Gloria, I'd appreciate if you'd stop asking me questions for now."
"Okay,okay." She raised her hands in surrender.
"I can't find my pink jotter. It's very important right now." I was still searching frantically.
"Mille, what's wrong with you?"
"What?" I snapped.
"The book's under your right foot. You're stepping on it " she replied,arms crossed. I could tell she was getting pissed.
"I'm sorry Gloria. I promise I'll explain later. I just need this book for our lecture. Let's go."
She sighed and followed me out the door. I locked up and we started strolling to school.
"Could you please stop the hissing Mille?"
"I didn't hiss."
"Yeah right. You've hissed more than five times."
"Sorry. Gloria,change of plans."
"What is it again?" We were just at the gate of the school.
"I'm heading to mum's house right now. I'll skip the class."
"You have got to be kidding me. Can't it wait?"
"Unfortunately,it can't. I'll come back today before it's late. I promise." I had already faced the road,trying to stop a taxi.
"Stay safe." She yelled.
"Okay."

Gloria

I took my phone from my bag. I dialled Jathniel's number.
He aborted the call and called me back.
"Gloria,I'm driving. Couldn't it wait?"
"I'm sorry. It's just that something's up with Jamille. I can't place a finger on it."
"Yeah, I sensed it too. Why don't you ask her?"
"She promised to explain later. Probably when she comes back."
"Comes back from where? I thought you both had a class."
"She's gone to Aunt Liz's house. She said it's important and she has to skip the class. I'm worried bro."
"Hmm, when is she coming back?"
"She said today."
"OK, I've reached the office. I'm sure she won't answer if I call her now. When is your class supposed to end?"
"6 pm."
"I should be done with the meeting by then. If she's not yet back by then, let me know so I'll come pick you and we can head to Aunt Liz's house."
"Alright bro. Thanks."

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by WHOcarex: 10:02am On May 23, 2017
Will be back
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:03am On May 23, 2017
ebidabs:
Hmmm when is the next episode coming up?
I've updated sir. If Nepa behaves, I'll update again.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:04am On May 23, 2017
WHOcarex:
Will be back
Aii
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 11:11am On May 23, 2017
EvaJael:

Whoa! Thanks dear. High five
High five
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 11:13am On May 23, 2017
Hehe, these people are twisting me o. NEPA, abeg do normal
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:21am On May 23, 2017
Aunt Liz

I had just come back from my supermarket. Liam was home already. We sat down with arms wrapped around each other like a new couple in the sit-out enjoying the cool evening breeze. I took my time to take in the beauty of our compound. The pretty flowers all around the house made it look heavenly.
The tall fence and the large black gate gave me a sense of protection in addition to Liam's strong arms around me.
I remembered when I complained that the fence was too tall. Liam assured me I would thank him later and I did.
He had an undying love for flowers. The fence was also lined with different species of flowers. I knew nothing about them but Liam could tell you about them all. I wanted to ask him about one of them but I decided against it. He would begin his long teachings about flowers. I wasn't ready to listen to it just yet. I was enjoying the quietness the evening brought.
I heard a knock on the gate and I jerked.
"Philip! could you please get the gate?" I yelled.
"Yes ma'am." He was already at the door of the house.
"Why did you jerk like that?" Liam asked me.
"I was deep in thought so the knock frightened me."
"Ah you were thinking about me."
"Of course,your highness." I laughed.
"Mum!" Jamille came running to me. She buried her head in my laps and started weeping.
"Child,what is it? Are you OK? Talk to me."
Liam tapped me on the shoulder,signalling me to wait.
"Mum, I'm done for. I'm finished." She wailed.
"Calm down baby,calm down." Liam soothed.
I was so confused. Tears started gliding down my face.
I turned to Liam and he patted my shoulder.
"Don't do this dear. Don't cry,let's see how we can help our baby,OK?" He said and I nodded.
He pulled Mille up to sit in between us.
"Talk to dad and mum. You wouldn't want us to cry would you?" He asked her. She shook her head as she tried wiping the tears from her eyes. He got up and squatted in front of her.
She sniffed before she began talking.
"I was out with Niel and Gloria today when I received a text message." She broke down in tears again.
I raised my head and saw Philip standing and watching us. "Leave us Philip."
He obeyed and went inside the house.
"We're listening baby,go on." I urged her on while wiping her tears with my handkerchief.
"I don't know who sent it nor how the person knew about it."
"About what?" Liam asked.
"My mum's death last year."
"Baby,many people know you lost your mum. So why fret over such?" I asked her, surprised that such a thing would make her cry.
"No hon, there's more to it. Let her finish." My husband put in.
She brought out her phone from the purse she was carrying.
"You refused to pick Edet's call that day. Your mother is dead because of you. You may fool everyone but I know you did it on purpose. Pray I am not forced to tell everybody about this." She read aloud.
My mouth fell open. I grabbed the phone from her hand to read the message with my own eyes.
"Mum,who could be doing this to me?" She lamented.
"I'm stunned. The only people who know about this are Brian,Jason, my husband,you and I."
"It wasn't on purpose mum. I didn't know. You know I'm saying the truth." She cried even louder.
"I know baby. It's not your fault. Who could this be? I'm sure Liam didn't say a word and I didn't either. Did you tell anyone?"
"No, I didn't. Even Kara,Rachel,Gloria and Niel don't know anything about this." She answered.
"I even asked Jason if he said any such thing to anybody when he came back home for Easter. He told me he would never do such." Liam added.
We all sat in silence,thinking of what to do next.
"Don't worry about it princess. I assure you that we'll get to the bottom of this." I hugged her.
We spent more than an hour comforting her.I asked her if she was hungry but she said she had eaten enough to last her through the night. I went in to bring juice for her. I slipped a sleeping pill into the juice. Knowing Jamille,she would stay awake all night thinking so I just had to drug her.
I feared she would decline the drink but she accepted it and gulped it all down within seconds. We went inside to her room. She was still crying lightly. I sat quietly waiting for the drug to have its effect on her.
Since she didn't understand Ibibio, I told my husband in Ibibio that I had put some pills in her juice. We watched her as she struggled to keep her eyes open but finally succumbed to sleep.
I heard my phone ringing downstairs so I rushed out to pick it. I checked the caller ID and it was Charis.
"Hello dear."
Charis was sobbing.
"What is it?"
"Jathniel and Gloria just got involved in an accident."
"What?!"

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by cutediva87(f): 12:20pm On May 23, 2017
ha!!! accident kwa? great job eva
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 12:23pm On May 23, 2017
cutediva87:
ha!!! accident kwa? great job eva
Thanks dear...I'm loving your signature
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Mznaett: 12:29pm On May 23, 2017
Hmm...
Re: Hidden Diamonds by PrettyMizQdot(f): 12:40pm On May 23, 2017
FP again!

I dey com...make I go read 1st.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Jane1234f(f): 1:47pm On May 23, 2017
Hia....accident? Hmmm what's wrong with Mille's Dad,is that man thinking at all?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 1:52pm On May 23, 2017
PrettyMizQdot:
FP again!

I dey com...make I go read 1st.
Welcome ma

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by PrettyMizQdot(f): 1:52pm On May 23, 2017
M loving this....ah! Accident... Mille ll start thinking she caused it again wen she learn dey were coming to check on her.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 1:52pm On May 23, 2017
Jane1234f:
Hia....accident? Hmmm what's wrong with Mille's Dad,is that man thinking at all?
Baby geh how far
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Gloriousgee: 2:08pm On May 23, 2017
9ce write up dear...kip it rolling n dnt kip me waiting...#lol
Re: Hidden Diamonds by misskbest(f): 2:12pm On May 23, 2017
So bad, its just unfortunate, not now...
EvaJael:
Aunt Liz

I had just come back from my supermarket. Liam was home already. We sat down with arms wrapped around each other like a new couple in the sit-out enjoying the cool evening breeze. I took my time to take in the beauty of our compound. The pretty flowers all around the house made it look heavenly.
The tall fence and the large black gate gave me a sense of protection in addition to Liam's strong arms around me.
I remembered when I complained that the fence was too tall. Liam assured me I would thank him later and I did.
He had an undying love for flowers. The fence was also lined with different species of flowers. I knew nothing about them but Liam could tell you about them all. I wanted to ask him about one of them but I decided against it. He would begin his long teachings about flowers. I wasn't ready to listen to it just yet. I was enjoying the quietness the evening brought.
I heard a knock on the gate and I jerked.
"Philip! could you please get the gate?" I yelled.
"Yes ma'am." He was already at the door of the house.
"Why did you jerk like that?" Liam asked me.
"I was deep in thought so the knock frightened me."
"Ah you were thinking about me."
"Of course,your highness." I laughed.
"Mum!" Jamille came running to me. She buried her head in my laps and started weeping.
"Child,what is it? Are you OK? Talk to me."
Liam tapped me on the shoulder,signalling me to wait.
"Mum, I'm done for. I'm finished." She wailed.
"Calm down baby,calm down." Liam soothed.
I was so confused. Tears started gliding down my face.
I turned to Liam and he patted my shoulder.
"Don't do this dear. Don't cry,let's see how we can help our baby,OK?" He said and I nodded.
He pulled Mille up to sit in between us.
"Talk to dad and mum. You wouldn't want us to cry would you?" He asked her. She shook her head as she tried wiping the tears from her eyes. He got up and squatted in front of her.
She sniffed before she began talking.
"I was out with Niel and Gloria today when I received a text message." She broke down in tears again.
I raised my head and saw Philip standing and watching us. "Leave us Philip."
He obeyed and went inside the house.
"We're listening baby,go on." I urged her on while wiping her tears with my handkerchief.
"I don't know who sent it nor how the person knew about it."
"About what?" Liam asked.
"My mum's death last year."
"Baby,many people know you lost your mum. So why fret over such?" I asked her, surprised that such a thing would make her cry.
"No hon, there's more to it. Let her finish." My husband put in.
She brought out her phone from the purse she was carrying.
"You refused to pick Edet's call that day. Your mother is dead because of you. You may fool everyone but I know you did it on purpose. Pray I am not forced to tell everybody about this." She read aloud.
My mouth fell open. I grabbed the phone from her hand to read the message with my own eyes.
"Mum,who could be doing this to me?" She lamented.
"I'm stunned. The only people who know about this are Brian,Jason, my husband,you and I."
"It wasn't on purpose mum. I didn't know. You know I'm saying the truth." She cried even louder.
"I know baby. It's not your fault. Who could this be? I'm sure Liam didn't say a word and I didn't either. Did you tell anyone?"
"No, I didn't. Even Kara,Rachel,Gloria and Niel don't know anything about this." She answered.
"I even asked Jason if he said any such thing to anybody when he came back home for Easter. He told me he would never do such." Liam added.
We all sat in silence,thinking of what to do next.
"Don't worry about it princess. I assure you that we'll get to the bottom of this." I hugged her.
We spent more than an hour comforting her.I asked her if she was hungry but she said she had eaten enough to last her through the night. I went in to bring juice for her. I slipped a sleeping pill into the juice. Knowing Jamille,she would stay awake all night thinking so I just had to drug her.
I feared she would decline the drink but she accepted it and gulped it all down within seconds. We went inside to her room. She was still crying lightly. I sat quietly waiting for the drug to have its effect on her.
Since she didn't understand Ibibio, I told my husband in Ibibio that I had put some pills in her juice. We watched her as she struggled to keep her eyes open but finally succumbed to sleep.
I heard my phone ringing downstairs so I rushed out to pick it. I checked the caller ID and it was Charis.
"Hello dear."
Charis was sobbing.
"What is it?"
"Jathniel and Gloria just got involved in an accident."
"What?!"
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 2:38pm On May 23, 2017
Gloriousgee:
9ce write up dear...kip it rolling n dnt kip me waiting...#lol
Thanks,I'll try my best
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Jane1234f(f): 2:57pm On May 23, 2017
EvaJael:

Baby geh how far
My dear,am fine ohh,please warn that Mille's dad for me ohh
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 3:36pm On May 23, 2017
Jathniel

"Mum,I don't see why you have to make a fuss about this. We only have minor injuries." I was on the hospital bed like someone who had heart attack and I didn't enjoy it one bit.
"Jathniel, let me hear word. Nothing is minor until I hear from the doctor." Mum was being overly dramatic as usual.
"Mum,he's right. The only injuries we have are those from the broken windshield." Gloria spoke up.
"I'm taking no chances Gloria. I don't want to lose you two. After what happened four years ago."
"That's okay mum. I don't want to watch you break down here." I told her quietly. It was actually a lie. I wasn't ready to hear nonsense with the bruises on my head and body.If I let her talk,she would move from dad's demise to worse things.
The doctor came in. "Ma'am they're good to go since their wounds have been dressed. They have been given anti tetanus injections too.
"Are you sure Doc?" She asked and I fought the urge to scoff.
"Yes ma'am. You just have to settle the bill."
"I'll do that right away." I put in quickly.
"Jathniel!" She exclaimed.
"I can handle it mum." I stood up from the bed and followed the doctor who volunteered to show me the cashier's office.
I settled the bill as fast I could and headed to the reception. I was sure mum and Gloria were there.
My car was battered seriously in front but I had managed to drive us to the hospital after the accident.
Thankfully,it was already dark so people wouldn't really notice my battered car as I drove home with mum and Gloria.
"I called Liz and told her you both were involved in an accident." Mum spoke for the first time since the drive back home began.
"What?! Mum how could you do that?" Gloria exclaimed.
"Young lady,some of our ears aren't used to the sound of your tiny voice especially when it's raised." I complained.
"And mum,why on earth would you do that?" I asked my mother.
"Will you stop asking nonsense you two? I had to inform her. She's been so close to us over the past year."
"Yeah right,you'll make the poor woman worry." Gloria scoffed.
"Gloria! I'll have none of your insolence." Mum warned.
"Gloria,let me handle it." I put in before she would make mum angry.
"Mum, I told you Mille may be going through some stuff right now before I left the house. Definitely, Aunt Liz will tell her about our accident and she'll blame herself because we were going to see her. Mille is very prone to depression." I explained.
"I apparently didn't understand what you told me. I shouldn't have told her. Oh! She's calling right now."
"Give me the phone mum." I said.
"Hello aunt. How's Mille?"
"No,the question is how are you? Are you hurt?"
"Aunt Liz,take it easy. I'm fine. Just a few bruises here and there."
"Oh thank God. I was worried sick."
"How's Mille?"
"She's fast asleep. I sedated her."
"Aunt,are you sure of the drug?"
"Sure, I'm actually a nurse. My husband just doesn't like me working under anybody so he set up my supermarket."
"Alright aunt. I promise I'll come by tomorrow."
"Thanks dear. My regards to your mum and Gloria."
"Good night ma."
I had barely dropped the phone when Gloria asked me how she was.
"She's fine. Asleep right now. I'll go check on her tomorrow morning."
"I may not be able to go with you. I have a 7 o'clock lecture."
"I can go alone,don't worry. Tomorrow is Thursday,I won't be so busy at work."
"Alright." She answered.
"So, what's wrong with Mille?" Mum asked.
"No idea mum, no idea." Gloria answered.
Mum and Gloria started their usual chats but I paid them no attention until we got home.

6 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
Jane1234f:
My dear,am fine ohh,please warn that Mille's dad for me ohh
Ok ma

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 3:38pm On May 23, 2017
Three updates today, I'm exhausted. Queenitee hope I've tried and stephengee12, my oliver twists
Re: Hidden Diamonds by nkemdave(m): 4:11pm On May 23, 2017
New to this thread.
I got captivated by the title.
Hope I will enjoy it grin grin grin
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 5:03pm On May 23, 2017
nkemdave:
New to this thread.
I got captivated by the title.
Hope I will enjoy it grin grin grin
Welcome sir. I hope u enjoy it too

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:27pm On May 23, 2017
Well done Sweetie, was on edge with the whole accident thing. But thank God mille's future husband is safe
Re: Hidden Diamonds by stephenGee12(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2017
EvaJael:
Three updates today, I'm exhausted. Queenitee hope I've tried and stephengee12, my oliver twists

Wetinu try. Me dat I ave posted 50updates in one day nko grin tongue
Abi Queenitee shey I dey lie
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (86) (Reply)

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / The Hole In The Wall / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.