Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) (63446 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Throwback Photos Of How Oba Of Lagos Greeted People Before Meeting Ooni Of Ife / Throwback Photos Of How Oba Of Lagos Greeted People Before Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
HungerBAD:
This Oba of Lagos is dumb.

There is nothing royal in his blood. How can a first class Oba in Yoruba land,allow anybody play with his chin in public?

And we also have forgiven him all these years,for his unroyal manners.

But insulting the Oni of Ife,is not something that should be taken lightly with this Oba of an only" AGBERO" Kingdom called Idumota.

How do you as a Yoruba monarch,even dare to insult the Custodian of the Yoruba Culture and Race?

He is an embarrassment to his throne,and he should be the first to swim in that Lagoon and then report back to us how deep it is.
sir do u know oba akiolu is a retired police, and all Nigerian know police is always useless dead or alive

2 Likes

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by IshaqAyinde(m): 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
HungerBAD:

There is nothing royal in his blood. How can a first class Oba in Yoruba land,allow anybody play with his chin in public?

But insulting the Oni of Ife,is not something that should be taken lightly with this Oba of an only" AGBERO" Kingdom called Idumota.

How do you as a Yoruba monarch,even dare to insult the Custodian of the Yoruba Culture and Race?

He is an embarrassment to his throne,and he should be the first to swim in that Lagoon and then report back to us how deep it is.

Will you keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by salford: 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:

Chai! Tinubu oh sad

Politics and royalty just don't mix well.

When the time comes, I will send a private mail so you give me pointers to watch out for.

I hope your loyalty is not sold to Ladi? Stand for the truth Oh.
Tinubu imposed the present Ooni too...Both her Tinubu's boys.
Tinubu would settle their fight.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Ooni is an icon even among us non Yoruba but the man in Lagos? I honestly don't know. . . Our Yoruba brothers know better
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
salford:

Tinubu imposed the present Ooni too...Both her Tinubu's boy.

I highly doubt that. The Ooni's stool is too great and a lot of royal family to be influenced by.

I followed the incident, and Tinubu had no hand whatsoever in it.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:

Chai! Tinubu oh sad

Politics and royalty just don't mix well.

When the time comes, I will send a private mail so you give me pointers to watch out for.

I hope your loyalty is not sold to Ladi? Stand for the truth Oh.
To be candid I am not into the royalty because I grew up in Chicago with my siblings. I was just concerned about my Dad because he's more American than to go through the rigors of Obaship . You must be talking about Ladi the son of Olori Omooba. Don't know much about that but I know his father and I thought I met him once. He sounds like a nice and intelligent man.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by salford: 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:

I highly doubt that. The Ooni is stool great and a lot of royal family to be influenced by.

I followed the incident, and Tinubu had no hand whatsoever in it.
Lol.
i know what transpired. Just as lucas is from a lagos Royal house, i am from ife as well.
Awolowo influenced sijuwade's acsension to the throne too.
If you ever want to become a first class Oba in a yoruba town with the exception of kwara...go and visit bourdillon sharply. That was how the current Ooni was able to checkmate his two elder brothers...Tinubu connection.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
To be candid I am not into the royalty because I grew up in Chicago with my siblings. I was just concerned about my Dad because he's more American than to go through the rigors of Obaship . You must be talking about Ladi the son of Olori Omooba. Don't know much about that but I know his father and I thought I met him once. He sounds like a nice and intelligent man.

I guess that explains why he was edged out. However, I am sure he is a great fellow, but he is no prince neither is his father. They are horse riders, Baloguns as the name implies.

Do not forget to intimate them with that fact when next you meet them.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by lukency(m): 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2017
Brutal babane
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by luxico(m): 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Tinubus head though grin

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by adeliz2012: 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2017
;DHe is not the oba of Lagos BUT oba of lagos island......lagos state in general has no OBA.....Dont get it wrong.

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
salford:
Lol.
i know what transpired. Just as lucas is from a lagos Royal house, i am from ife as well.
If you ever want to become a first class Oba in a yoruba town with the exception of kwara...go and visit bourdillon sharply. That was how the current Ooni was able to checkmate his two elder brothers...Tinubu connection.

Just as Awolowo couldn't influence the throne of Awujale despite being Ijebu so can Tinubu not do so to Ijebu.

Ijebu are too stubborn for that,ordinary Olori Ebi with all the wealth and influence, them still drag am go court.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:

I guess that explains why he was edged out. However, I am sure he is a great fellow, but he is no prince neither is his father. They are horse riders, Baloguns as the name implies.

Do not forget to intimate them with that fact when next you meet them.
Do not get me in trouble. Baba Balogun is a very nice old man. He comes to the Club in the Island and my old man is a member of the club and he always refer to my father as Omo mi. He's a very generous man and that I know for a fact.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Do not get me in trouble. Baba Balogun is a very nice old man. He comes to the Club in the Island and my old man is a member of the club and he always refer to my father as Omo mi. He's a very generous man and that I know for a fact.

Lol....The truth gets no one in trouble, it guards.

I am not disputing he is a nice man tho.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:

Lol....The truth gets no one in trouble, it guards.

I am not disputing he is a nice man tho.
Even though I was raised here, you know we Yorubas are very wary of critiqueing our elders especially one who can be our Grandfather. That's what I meant by that.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by blackboy(m): 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
No !! If you watch the video it says it all. Oba of Lagos was very cold like they get biff before.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Even though I was raised here, you know we Yorubas are very wary of critiqueing our elders especially one who can be our Grandfather. That's what I meant by that.

Understood.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
salford:
Lol.
You get a good point there but that doesn't make it right.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:

Understood.
Thanks Buddy.

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
`

2 Likes

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
You think it's funny abi

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Origin(f): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
Nice pictures.

They've ended their fight. So people should leave them.

As you can see an Oba should not bend for anyone. People should bend to hug the Oba or they should be on the same level to hug.

Ooni- we respect you always. Oba of Lagos( your wives go like that chin- seems like a playful man).

People go just get energy de fight war for other people matter.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by nell4: 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
It seems Igbos are correct anyway..

They warned about this rascal former police man but were told to jump the lagoon.

They also warned about buhari and he turned to be a collateral disaster..
Just saying undecided
yes we might not be in hold of power but we have the gift of foresight.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
richie9093:
Too bad.

I think the most shocking thing in this matter is all those Benin boys on Twitter saying the Oba of Lagos isn't answerable to Ooni but to the oba of Benin instead and so Akiolu that was the reason why Akiolu acted that way.

The Benin lineage fizzled out late in the 18th century with the ascension to the throne of Ologun Kutere through his mother, Erelu Kuti. His father was an Ijesha man.

Akiolu and all the other princes of Eko draw their genealogical roots from the aborigines of Ijesha-land. They have zero genetic connection to Benin, though the original modes of dressing/paraphernalia subsist.

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by abels(m): 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
So bicos dat guy is tinubus son, he allowed him to touch his chin, wit power nd money u can even remov d cap of a king
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by bewla(m): 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
HungerBAD:

I think since that lagoon thing u all want to get back at him
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
EKITI001:
WATCH FULL VIDEO: Oba of Lagos, Akiolu refused to shake the hands of the Ooni of Ife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6AbEpyFn_w

Extremely rude and dismissive if you ask me.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by femu(m): 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
ziddy:

The Benin lineage fizzled out late in the 18th century with the ascension to the throne of Ologun Kutere through his mother, Erelu Kuti. His father was an Ijesha man.

Akiolu and all the other princes of Eko draw their genealogical roots from the aborigines of Ijesha-land. They have zero genetic connection to Benin, though the original modes of dressing/paraphernalia subsist.

Ijeshas are the rulers of Lagos

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
Akiolu,a mere Baale.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by lightblazingnow(m): 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hi
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by EmmanuelCena(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
Poorboy:
Afonjas una like talk pass fight may we hear word abeg

The wise know that "violence" should be the "last" resort when dialogue as failed.
It is a good thing to be slow to violence.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by tiredface: 11:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
THIS DUDE RETIRED FROM NIGERIAN POLICE. DO YOU HONESTLY EXPECT MUCH FROM HIM? BE REAL PEOPLE! CUT IT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife During Daughter's Graduation At University Of Manchester / Funny Pidgin Proverbs / Salaries Of South-West Obas Before Independence (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.