Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: (1291 Views)

Islamic Finance Is Becoming So Attractive That Even Non-muslims Want In / The Kafir Named Yahya Solaati Died Yesterday In Ilorin / The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Elbinawi: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
Stop Calling Non-Muslims "Kafir", Everyone is a Human Being:

By Martyr Ayatollah #Mutahari

"There is a great misunderstanding about the word '#kafir'. Literally, '#kafir' means one who #refuses. Generally, people take it as an equivalent of non-Muslim. This is incorrect. To think that those who are not Muslims are kafir is a wrong notion. According to Islam, everyone is simply '#insaan' or human being. There are hundreds of times when the Quran addresses people with words such as 'an-naas' or '#al-insan'. So, everyone is basically a human being.

The Prophet of Islam was born in Mecca and then migrated to Medina. At that time there were some #Jewish tribes in Medina. One day the Prophet saw a funeral procession passing through a street in Medina. The #Prophet was seated at that time. On seeing the funeral, he stood up in respect. One of his companions said, '#O Prophet he was a Jew, not a Muslim.' The Prophet replied: '#Was he not a human being?' Thus the Prophet discovered a commonality between himself and the non-Muslim. This is the true spirit of Islam."

Shared by @Elbinawi
Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Eno38151: 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
Say, "O disbelievers (Kafirun)
I do not worship what you worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."
Verses 1,2 & 6 - Surah 109.

Here you are - those who argue on their behalf in [this] worldly life - but who will argue with Allah for them on the Day of Resurrection, or who will [then] be their representative?
Verse 109 - Surah 4.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by chris4gold(m): 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
It takes fool to disagree with fellow human on the issue of faith. God gives free will to each and every1 of us....

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Mologi(m): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Religious teachings should be censored.
Some teachers of faith instigates violence by misquoting what is concealed in the Holy Books.

And they target the younger ones..
Because I could remember when I was a kid, a friend of mine used to tell me what their "malim" thought them about how all Christians will do this and that in hell.

Religion is peace but an untamed one.

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Nutase: 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:26am On May 01, 2017
Mologi:
Religious teachings should be censored.
Some teachers of faith instigates violence by misquoting what is concealed in the Holy Books.

And they target the younger ones..
Because I could remember when I was a kid, a friend of mine used to tell me what their "malim" thought them about how all Christians will do this and that in hell.

Religion is peace but an untamed one.

Have you tried to ask a Christian what will happen to you if you die while u are not born again? You will rot in hell! So your friend's Mallam is right!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:32am On May 01, 2017
Elbinawi:
Stop Calling Non-Muslims "Kafir", Everyone is a Human Being:

By Martyr Ayatollah #Mutahari

"There is a great misunderstanding about the word '#kafir'. Literally, '#kafir' means one who #refuses. Generally, people take it as an equivalent of non-Muslim. This is incorrect. To think that those who are not Muslims are kafir is a wrong notion. According to Islam, everyone is simply '#insaan' or human being. There are hundreds of times when the Quran addresses people with words such as 'an-naas' or '#al-insan'. So, everyone is basically a human being.

The Prophet of Islam was born in Mecca and then migrated to Medina. At that time there were some #Jewish tribes in Medina. One day the Prophet saw a funeral procession passing through a street in Medina. The #Prophet was seated at that time. On seeing the funeral, he stood up in respect. One of his companions said, '#O Prophet he was a Jew, not a Muslim.' The Prophet replied: '#Was he not a human being?' Thus the Prophet discovered a commonality between himself and the non-Muslim. This is the true spirit of Islam."

Shared by @Elbinawi

I don't know if you are a Muslim or not but believe me if you see Kaafir and you refuse to call them kaafir, then you become a kaafir.
Allah called them kaafir in the Qur'an! And you are saying we should disbelieve in the Qur'an and Sunnah by not calling them kaafir.
Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Newnas(m): 1:28pm On May 07, 2017
Surah At-Taghabun, Verse 2:
هُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ فَمِنكُمْ كَافِرٌ وَمِنكُم مُّؤْمِنٌ وَاللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ

He it is Who created you, then some of you are disbelievers and some of you are believers. And Allah is All-Seer of what you do.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 55:
وَيَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ مَا لَا يَنفَعُهُمْ وَلَا يَضُرُّهُمْ وَكَانَ الْكَافِرُ عَلَىٰ رَبِّهِ ظَهِيرًا

And they (disbelievers, polytheists, etc.) worship besides Allah, that which can neither profit them nor harm them, and the disbeliever is ever a helper (of the Satan) against his Lord.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah Al-Bayyina, Verse 6:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أُولَٰئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ

Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Quran and Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 44:
أَمْ تَحْسَبُ أَنَّ أَكْثَرَهُمْ يَسْمَعُونَ أَوْ يَعْقِلُونَ إِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا كَالْأَنْعَامِ بَلْ هُمْ أَضَلُّ سَبِيلًا

Or do you think that most of them hear or understand? They are only like cattle; nay, they are even farther astray from the Path. (i.e. even worst than cattle).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by udatso: 5:18pm On May 08, 2017
I believe our brothers have given you wonderful replies. There is nothing wrong calling a kafir kafir. Actually it's the best description for them. They are kuffar, don't try to sugar coat the name or replace it with something that might sound pleasing to their ears.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by AlBaqir(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2017
udatso:
I believe our brothers have given you wonderful replies. There is nothing wrong calling a kafir kafir. Actually it's the best description for them. They are kuffar, don't try to sugar coat the name or replace it with something that might sound pleasing to their ears.

Pardon me brother for I must say I am very disappointed in this comment of yours.

# The tittle reads "stop calling NON-MUSLIM kafir", and I believe the author explained himself clearly enough to avoid unnecessary misconception.

Using Quran to justify calling " non-muslims kuffar clearly revealed how you guys understand Quran very wrongfully. The question is who are kuffar? and who are non-muslims?!

"Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve."

* Jews, Christians, Sabians?! Are these not Non-muslims? Why is Quran promising them surety on the day of Qiyamat if they are "non-muslims vis-a-vis Kuffar" according to your understanding?

This ayah (68) is in the last surah of the holy Quran (surah al-Maidah) where a Sahih hadith of the Ahlu Sunnah pointed that whatever is in this surah is binded till Qiyamat.

* Interestingly, the above ayah also exist in different other suwar.

# The point is if we study Quran very well with keen attention, we will discover the following:

1. Among the Christians and the Jews, there exists "Kuffar - disbelievers", meaning there also exist " believers". Surah al-Bayyina : 6 quoted above by one of your brothers testified to that.

[b]The moment you erroneously tag all non-muslims, kuffar (kafir), then you have yourself disbelieve (again kufr) in several ayah of the Quran.

2. Even among the "Muslims", there exist " disbelievers".

# Quran is so very careful in using the word "kufr (disbelieve)". In fact, it has several meaning according to the Quran. According to it:

# kufr could mean associating partners with Allah.

# Kufr could also mean non recognition of Allah's mercy {for example in surah Ibrahim, Allah says refusing to thank Him is " kufr".

# Disbelief in for example an ayah of the Quran is Kufr. And I will be glad to remind you that several companions were Kuffar in this sense.

# If you refuse going for Hajj, Quran termed it "kufr".

It goes on and on.

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by udatso: 6:14pm On May 12, 2017
AlBaqir:

Pardon me brother for I must say I am very disappointed in this comment of yours.
Pardon me for saying this but I must say the feeling is mutual.

# The tittle reads "stop calling NON-MUSLIM kafir", and I believe the author explained himself clearly enough to avoid unnecessary misconception.
Actually he didn't. He never gave any evidence where Allah instructed us not to call them kuffar. Rather what we have is actually Enough evidence to support us calling them so.

Using Quran to justify calling " non-muslims kuffar clearly revealed how you guys understand Quran very wrongfully. The question is who are kuffar? and who are non-muslims?!

"Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve."

* Jews, Christians, Sabians?! Are these not Non-muslims? Why is Quran promising them surety on the day of Qiyamat if they are "non-muslims vis-a-vis Kuffar" according to your understanding?
This post wasn't to investigate If all non muslims are going to hellfire. So I don't know what this explanation is for?

This ayah (68) is in the last surah of the holy Quran (surah al-Maidah) where a Sahih hadith of the Ahlu Sunnah pointed that whatever is in this surah is binded till Qiyamat.

* Interestingly, the above ayah also exist in different other suwar.

# The point is if we study Quran very well with keen attention, we will discover the following:

1. Among the Christians and the Jews, there exists "Kuffar - disbelievers", meaning there also exist " believers". Surah al-Bayyina : 6 quoted above by one of your brothers testified to that.

[b]The moment you erroneously tag all non-muslims, kuffar (kafir), then you have yourself disbelieve (again kufr) in several ayah of the Quran.

2. Even among the "Muslims", there exist " disbelievers".

# Quran is so very careful in using the word "kufr (disbelieve)". In fact, it has several meaning according to the Quran. According to it:

# kufr could mean associating partners with Allah.

# Kufr could also mean non recognition of Allah's mercy {for example in surah Ibrahim, Allah says refusing to thank Him is " kufr".

# Disbelief in for example an ayah of the Quran is Kufr. And I will be glad to remind you that several companions were Kuffar in this sense.

# If you refuse going for Hajj, Quran termed it "kufr".

It goes on and on.
Like I said earlier, we are not here to talk about the classification of kufr or kuffar. The op tries to forbid Muslims from using a name Allah has clearly described the non believers with.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by AlBaqir(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2017
^^ Let me break it down a bit:

# Generally, those refer as Kuffar by the Quran are the idolaters. And neither Quran nor the Prophet continuously brag about that by addressing them every now and then with such words. There is usually a time and place and a right moment to use certain words. The primary objective of every Muslim is to spread the message of Islam. The moment you are calling the "idolaters", Kuffar (kèfèrí), I bet no one will even ready to listen to whatever you wish to say in inviting them to Islam. Its gonna be an outright hostility.

Quran waited for a right moment to address the idolaters of Makkah with the word " Ya ahyu al-kafirun", etc.

# Generally, Christians and the Jews (Non-muslims) are not refer by the Quran as " Kuffar" rather the respectful word used is "People of the book", " Christians or Jews".

It makes perfect sense calling them the way Allah called them rather than labeling all Non-muslims as Kuffar.

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 12, 2017
Subhanallaah, a Shi'a can go to any length just to go against ahlus sunnah wal jamaa'ah, imagine him using the aayah of Christians, sabi'een, Jews entering jannah if they believe, a'udhubillaah Minash shaytaan ar-rajeem

If only he had read the book Allaah very well(anyway he doesn't even believe in it) and stopped looking for faults from Umar, Abu bakr, Uthmaan, Mu'awiyah and so on he would've found out that;

1.) The term "Muslim" was used even before the time of Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam

So, all the Christians, Jews, sabi'ins that believed in their prophets before the time of Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam are all categorized as "Muslims" in the real sense.

2.) Allaah is speaking about those who believed before the time of Muhammad and those who accepted the message of Muhammad when they saw him, and Whoever disbelieve in particular messenger of Allaah is a kaafir! Even tho he believes in others as Allaah says;

"Verily, those who disbelieve in Allaah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allaah and His Messengers (by believing in Allaah and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying, “We believe in some but reject others,” and wish to adopt a way in between. They are in truth disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment”

The messenger of Allaah says “By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.”(saheeh Muslim)

3.) Allaah calls modern day Christians kaafirs in many places;

“Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allaah is the Messiah, son of Maryam...."

"Surely, disbelievers are those who said: “Allaah is the third of the three.” But there is no deity who has the right to be worshipped but Allaah. And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them"

4.) He calls Jews kaafirs; "Among those who are Jews, there are some who displace words from (their) right places and say: “We hear your word (O Muhammad) and disobey,” and “Hear and let you (O Muhammad) hear nothing.” And Raa‘ina [in Arabic it means “Be careful, listen to us, and we listen to you”, whereas in Hebrew, it means “an insult”] with a twist of their tongues and as a mockery of the religion. And if only they had said: “We hear and obey”, and “Do make us understand,” it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allaah has cursed them for their disbelief…”

But I don't expect the raafidhi to know about all these, when disbelieving and not taking the Quran serious is one of the qualification to be a scholar in shi'ism...

Wallaahul musta'aan.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by AlBaqir(m): 8:16pm On May 12, 2017
udatso:

Actually he didn't. He never gave any evidence where Allah instructed us not to call them kuffar. Rather what we have is actually Enough evidence to support us calling them so.

Who is them you are referring to?@ underlined.

# Again Christian and Jew are generally called "Ahlul Kitab" not "Kuffar".

# Quran made it crystal clear that only " some of them" were indeed Kuffar, and He promised surety for some of them "who believed".

# In this sense, the idolaters generally are Kuffar. The author is not referring to them as " Non-muslims". Their case is non-issue.

udatso:

This post wasn't to investigate If all non muslims are going to hellfire. So I don't know what this explanation is for?

# And nobody is talking about hell-fire or paradise here. Point out where I did please.

What is my explanations all about?

# Your people's understanding is "all non-muslims (usually the Christians and the Jews) are Kuffar". And unfortunately most of the ayah they are using to back up their misinterpretations continuously saying " from amongst them (min hum)".

udatso:

Like I said earlier, we are not here to talk about the classification of kufr or kuffar. The op tries to forbid Muslims from using a name Allah has clearly described the non believers with.

I have given you adab in this in my own understanding. If you continue calling all non-muslims Kuffar, then you will surely be causing more harm to Islam and its propagations.
And for the records the OP never "forbid". You make it sound as if its a fatwa or a divine injunction.

And its very funny. Whilst Quran refer to some Sahabah as Munafiqun, and even cursed them, why did you guys run away from following Quran in that example but you are very quick here to use "Kuffar" for "Non-muslims"!
Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by udatso: 9:11pm On May 12, 2017
Albaqir pls read abdelkabir post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by udatso: 9:23pm On May 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Subhanallaah, a Shi'a can go to any length just to go against ahlus sunnah wal jamaa'ah, imagine him using the aayah of Christians, sabi'een, Jews entering jannah if they believe, a'udhubillaah Minash shaytaan ar-rajeem

If only he had read the book Allaah very well(anyway he doesn't even believe in it) and stopped looking for faults from Umar, Abu bakr, Uthmaan, Mu'awiyah and so on he would've found out that;

1.) The term "Muslim" was used even before the time of Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam

So, all the Christians, Jews, sabi'ins that believed in their prophets before the time of Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam are all categorized as "Muslims" in the real sense.

2.) Allaah is speaking about those who believed before the time of Muhammad and those who accepted the message of Muhammad when they saw him, and Whoever disbelieve in particular messenger of Allaah is a kaafir! Even tho he believes in others as Allaah says;

"Verily, those who disbelieve in Allaah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allaah and His Messengers (by believing in Allaah and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying, “We believe in some but reject others,” and wish to adopt a way in between. They are in truth disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment”

The messenger of Allaah says “By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.”(saheeh Muslim)

3.) Allaah calls modern day Christians kaafirs in many places;

“Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allaah is the Messiah, son of Maryam...."

"Surely, disbelievers are those who said: “Allaah is the third of the three.” But there is no deity who has the right to be worshipped but Allaah. And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them"

4.) He calls Jews kaafirs; "Among those who are Jews, there are some who displace words from (their) right places and say: “We hear your word (O Muhammad) and disobey,” and “Hear and let you (O Muhammad) hear nothing.” And Raa‘ina [in Arabic it means “Be careful, listen to us, and we listen to you”, whereas in Hebrew, it means “an insult”] with a twist of their tongues and as a mockery of the religion. And if only they had said: “We hear and obey”, and “Do make us understand,” it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allaah has cursed them for their disbelief…”

But I don't expect the raafidhi to know about all these, when disbelieving and not taking the Quran serious is one of the qualification to be a scholar in shi'ism...

Wallaahul musta'aan.
Jazakallahu khairan ya akh

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by CyrusTheGreat: 2:29am On May 13, 2017
God doesn't exist.

There is no god, no god at all, and Muhammed was not a Prophet.

Keep using the name Kaffir. Non-muslims wear the name with pride. I am a proud Kaffir.
Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 15, 2017
Just out of curiosity, what would a non Muslim Arab call a muslim?! Filthy_shi'a tongue tongue
Re: Stop Calling Non-muslims "Kafir", Everyone Is A Human Being: by AlBaqir(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
Filthy_shi'a tongue tongue

# Ma sha Allah. That actually make Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim filthy books because lots of narrators of those filthy books were not only "filthy shia" but what your scholars labeled Rafidha (extreme shia).

# And furthermore, as ignorant as you are, little do you know that many of your prominent scholars grouped lots of Sahabah as shia. And that made them "filthy" too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Forex Trade In Islam / Egypt Presidential Candidate Said That The Shiites Are More Dangerous Than Jews / Muslim Sister Arrested For Using Veil In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.