Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide - Education (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide (421767 Views)

2019/2020 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread!!! / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / 2017/2018 Uniben Utme Aspirant Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 19, 2017
dannB:
It was 3k years back,digital library,matric gown,acceptance fee etc they are together.since the beginning of prof faraday(VC) tenure 2015,increment upon increment every year even post graduates are protesting and lamenting at the same.May be he share the same blood group with Ijebu people. (close door meeting is still on..its risky to pay any money now except you are father xmas..lets wait for SUG update)
yeah thanx i'll only stick with acceptance fees and then exercise patience...
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 19, 2017
infinity00:

Dmasterhero

DE names here don't have any issue, UNIBEN is yet to forward thier names to JAMB, but UTME please take heart o any day from now the status can change. Ladies and gents let us try and remember our fellow aspirants while praying in church today.
sure bro

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Richdee1(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
boss u both may likely be fixed on second batch oh.
What if they offer u english edu?

Omo i will Gladly go for tt...But am sure i cant be offered that course...It must be anything related to business
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
dondavad:
who else has this on their jamb caps after accepting the admission
What was your post utme score?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by vivienD: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
infinity00:
E be like say this not admitted list still long oh

@
Crystalline99
kingenitan
GeoSilYe
kaluxy007
OLOGvincent
Emmagenius
chuksdavidkwame
Jascart130
originals1
mozedy
dannyben5
Bauer1
Dmasterhero
TheManOfTheYear
Debaw
TeenaMay
vivienD
dessz
mynaija123
Emmydox
salvchrist

DE names here don't have any issue, UNIBEN is yet to forward thier names to JAMB, but UTME please take heart o any day from now the status can change. Ladies and gents let us try and remember our fellow aspirants while praying in church today.
how sure r u bout this info pls?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by spy24(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
If caps shows not admitted does it mean u have to rewrite next year
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
Jascart130:

Guy u funny oo so u believe sae God no dey even better scientist faraday newton Einstein pascal believe sae der is a supernatural being. Pascal quote"Either God exists or He doesn't. Either I
believe in God or I don't. Of the four
possibilities, only one is to my disadvantage.
To avoid that possibility, I believe in God." Dis na probability so believe it or not u got natn to loose if de is a revelation den beta maths student go gt de correct ans

Let me point out the logical flaws in your reasoning.
First off, just because Mr. A is a celebrated and renowned scientist, does that Imply that whatever A pulls out of his ass is correct? No. A person's status has has no effect on the truth value of his or her argument. So even if all the scientists in the world today believes that a particular God created this Universe, the would never in any way prove that God exists . So your first argument here is invalid.

As for Pascal's argument. I shall show you that his argument is invalid.

1. He did not define God. In Mathematics, we first create the axioms and every other proposition is then deduced from those axioms. Pascal should have first defined God, making sure that his definition is not ignorance induced and that his definition is compatible with common sense. But No, Pascal went ahead to espouse the Anthropological definition of God that is predominant in our society. Which invalidates his argument.

2. Let us assume for the sake of contradiction that God exists. By statistics, there are exactly 3,000 Gods worshipped by man, so what is the probability that Pascal(or even you) is not going to burn in hell if you decide to worship a particular God?. Well, let us assume you picked Yahweh as your true God, then the probability that you have selected the true God is 1/3000 = 0.00033
Hence, If a particular God is going to punish you for not believing in him, then the chances that you are going to hell is approximately 99.999%.
To it does not even make sense to pick a particular God and start worshipping, because mathematically, the chances that you'll pick the true God is very low. 1%.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by harlehleh(f): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
yeah thanx i'll only stick with acceptance fees and then exercise patience...

have u paid acceptance fee??
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
spy24:
If caps shows not admitted does it mean u have to rewrite next year
If it's still showing that after the release
of second batch & maybe Vc list, Yeah.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
Icosahedron:

First off, just because Mr. A is a celebrated and renowned scientist, does that Imply that whatever A pulls out of his ass is correct? No. A person's status has has no effect on the truth value of his or her argument. So even if all the scientists in the world today believes that a particular God created this Universe, the would never in any way prove that God exists . So your first argument here is invalid.

1. He did not define God. In Mathematics, we first create the axioms and every other proposition is then deduced from those axioms. Pascal should have first defined God, making sure that his definition is not ignorance induced and that his definition is compatible with common sense. But No, Pascal went ahead to espouse the Anthropological definition of God that is predominant in our society. Which invalidates his argument.

2. Let us assume for the sake of contradiction that God exists. By statistics, there are exactly 3,000 Gods worshipped by man, so what is the probability that Pascal(or even you) is not going to burn in hell if you decide to worship a particular God?. Well, let us assume you picked Yahweh as your true God, then the probability that you have selected the true God is 1/3000 = 0.00033
Hence, If a particular God is going to punish you for not believing in him, then the chances that you are going to hell is approximately 99.999%.
To it does not even make sense to pick a particular God and start worshipping, because mathematically, the chances that you'll pick the true God is very low. 1%.

Na Most High you dey rubbish like so ryy?
Anyway, hopefully with time you'd know better.
Seun, I can see your ministry is flourishing here.

6 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by infinity00: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
boss u both may likely be fixed on second batch oh.
What if they offer u english edu?

Hopefully second batch. My brother if dey give me anything other than my 1st & 2nd choice ENL I nor go take.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Missfweda: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
has anybody's CAPS chnged to admitted recently? ?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Jascart130: 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
Icosahedron:

So u believe in the big bang theory ma guy adon c sae ano fit change ur mind so ago wit the option of serving God in case there is revelation or not ill be on the ryt syd
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by dondavad: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Draei:

What was your post utme score?
agg- 65
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Emmydox: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
infinity00:

@
Crystalline99
kingenitan
GeoSilYe
kaluxy007
OLOGvincent
Emmagenius
chuksdavidkwame
Jascart130
originals1
mozedy
dannyben5
Bauer1
Dmasterhero
TheManOfTheYear
Debaw
TeenaMay
vivienD
dessz
mynaija123
Emmydox
salvchrist

Afa na second batch na we dy wait 4
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by CRaIziee(f): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
infinity00:

Hopefully second batch. My brother if dey give me anything other than my 1st & 2nd choice ENL I nor go take.
hopefully...if its a nice related course... dear u'll have to go for it...but m sure they will giv u ur ENL...
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by jhosey: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
has payment of acceptance fee commerce?..when are we asked to pay the acceptance fee
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by wi5dom(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
harlehleh:

okay... thanks
You are welcome.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by wi5dom(m): 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
@ wi5dom while going thru the various fees i came cross gown fees which was pegged at N6,650.
Do we also need to pay for matriculation gown? Thought twas embeded in the skul fees.

i bliv it should be compulsory payment embeded either in the school fees or acceptance fee.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Hopebaygist(m): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2017
dondavad:
who else has this on their jamb caps after accepting the admission
Pls when did you accept the admission?
Cos after i accepted my own the admission status has been blank
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by percyshelu(m): 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
who has paid acceptance fees?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
dondavad:

agg- 65
Csc right? If you aren't given anything then
something must be wrong. Your agg is enough.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Dmasterhero(m): 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
infinity00:

@
Crystalline99
kingenitan
GeoSilYe
kaluxy007
OLOGvincent
Emmagenius
chuksdavidkwame
Jascart130
originals1
mozedy
dannyben5
Bauer1
Dmasterhero
TheManOfTheYear
Debaw
TeenaMay
vivienD
dessz
mynaija123
Emmydox
salvchrist

When will they? Time is never any man's friend. The delay is really frustrating.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Dmasterhero(m): 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
infinity00:

@
Crystalline99
kingenitan
GeoSilYe
kaluxy007
OLOGvincent
Emmagenius
chuksdavidkwame
Jascart130
originals1
mozedy
dannyben5
Bauer1
Dmasterhero
TheManOfTheYear
Debaw
TeenaMay
vivienD
dessz
mynaija123
Emmydox
salvchrist

Gosh! When will they? The delay is really frustrating.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by dondavad: 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
Draei:

Csc right? If you aren't given anything then
something must be wrong. Your agg is enough.
No....I was given admission by both jamb and uniben
I was just concerned because my caps admission status showed "accepted" when I accepted it while others said it went blank when they accepted theirs
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by dondavad: 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hopebaygist:
Pls when did you accept the admission? Cos after i accepted my own the admission status has been blank
before list on kofa was released
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
dondavad:

No....I was given admission by both jamb and uniben
I was just concerned because my caps admission status showed "accepted" when I accepted it while others said it went blank when they accepted theirs
You clicked on ACCEPT how many times?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by igbsam(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hi guys, we are trying to login to my brother's jamb page with the email he used to register, but its showing email invalid. We tried to do a reset, its showing email invalid. This is the same email we've always used to access this page. Anybody had such experience ?

Record does not exist is what's showing
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by dondavad: 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
Draei:

You clicked on ACCEPT how many times?
I don't know too
like twice
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Draei: 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
dondavad:

I don't know too
like twice
Over here, I kept clicking on it till it became blank.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by daremiarchs(m): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
Icosahedron:

Nonsense!!!
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
harlehleh:

have u paid acceptance fee??
no i haven't. Busy getting some few documents ready as soon as i'm done i'll pay it and get myself cleared probably nxt week.
Hw about u

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (263) (Reply)

Uniben 2012/2013 Session Admission Thread / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes.......65RC-67RC / University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.