Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry (234 Views)

MARRIAGE Scandal: Omega Power Ministry Vs Salvation Ministry / Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry / Soul-winning: A Mark Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry by FreshGreen: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2017
AWARD WINNING MINISTRY VS SOUL WINNING MINISTRY
Some years back I was talking with a gospel music singer and she told me of several awards her album has won, I felt like what does winning awards has to do with Christian ministry? When does Christian ministration become a center for winning earthly or secular awards?

It baffles me when I watch a Christian movie and it’s advertised as award winning Christian movie, or when I enter a minister’s office and I see it decorated with several awards, or when I see a gospel songs tagged with winning awards, what does spiritual ministration has to do with winning earthly award? Or rather what is the correlation between winning souls and winning award?

In this generation of majority of Christian goats and wolf ministers, it is more impressive for a Christian movie, music or book to be tagged or advertised as an award winning than a soul winning.

Imagine, Elijah waving an award he receives from king Ahab as the best prophetic minister of the year. Imagine Apostle Peter and Paul being handed an award from the representative of Scribe or Roman Empire as the best influential ministers of God of the year. How will that sound to you?

When does Christian ministry becomes a contest or a show or a secular stuff where they begin to compare themselves with one another and giving award? Who are the people that give awards to Christian ministries or Christian ministers? I read on newspaper saying “The best pastor of the year” With what yardstick do they use to give the award? Who is the Judge of Christian ministry or ministers apart from God? When the Bible says what is highly esteemed before men are abomination to God. Those who award Christian ministry or ministers are committing evil of usurpation of God’s throne, and those who receive the carnal awards are not only disqualifying themselves as genuine ministers of the gospel but they are also making void of their God’s given ministry.

Apostle Paul boasted of salvation of souls, edification of souls, grace of God, persecution and sufferings his ministry passed through, but today’s ministers are boasting of awards, population, popularity and properties their ministries are winning. Are we going to the same heaven?

RTEM: rtemoutreach.org

2 Likes

Re: Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry by zionmade(m): 9:29am On Apr 30, 2017
Its sunday again people like u dat only see faults have been let on loose. Why dnt u go ahead and call d name of d church so dat ur eyes will be opened to why they do wat they do and not running around with ignorance. Why dnt u take a little bold step to learn why it is so?
Re: Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry by mikeweezy(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2017
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Has Killed 600 Teachers, Wit 1200 Schools Closed In Northern Nigeria. / Trust That Can Never Fail / Invest Your Talents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.