Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry (231 Views)

MARRIAGE Scandal: Omega Power Ministry Vs Salvation Ministry / Soul-winning: A Mark Of Life / Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Award Winning Ministry Vs Soul Winning Ministry by FreshGreen: 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
AWARD WINNING MINISTRY VS SOUL WINNING MINISTRY
Some years back I was talking with a gospel music singer and she told me of several awards her album has won, I felt like what does winning awards has to do with Christian ministry? When does Christian ministration become a center for winning earthly or secular awards?

It baffles me when I watch a Christian movie and it’s advertised as award winning Christian movie, or when I enter a minister’s office and I see it decorated with several awards, or when I see a gospel songs tagged with winning awards, what does spiritual ministration has to do with winning earthly award? Or rather what is the correlation between winning souls and winning award?

In this generation of majority of Christian goats and wolf ministers, it is more impressive for a Christian movie, music or book to be tagged or advertised as an award winning than a soul winning.

No genuine minister or ministry suppose to receive award from any one or group on earth, the purpose of working for God is to receive reward in heaven, not to receive award on earth.

When you decorate your office with different awards as a minister, it means you have already received your reward of working for God.

Can you imagine Moses receiving awards from Pharaoh? Can you imagine prophets Elijah receiving from King Ahab? Or rather can you imagine the Apostles decorating their offices with awarding winning fro the world or worldly Christians?
That would be unimaginable, so our awarding winning ministers of today are unimaginable!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Want Your Prayers Answered? / New Article: Securing Grace For That Moment / Not One Word Has Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.