Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? (725 Views)

Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / Why There Won’t Be Marriage In Eternity / Conditions For Marriage In Mountain Of Fire Ministries (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by lagostokd: 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
Marriage as recognised by God is the divinely established covenant between a man and a woman. Marriage as a lifelong, sexually exclusive relationship brings children into the world and thus sustains the stewardship of the earth.

It is expected that married couples should remain married in this lifetime and the bond can only be broken by death.

Muslims believe that marriage continues even after death - in al jannah. Aside marriage, Muslims believe that Allah will satisfy their sexual desire in heaven by providing them with Houri (virgins).

Jesus taught in Mathew 22:30 that there won't be marriage in heaven - At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

What are your thoughts on this?
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by menxer: 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
lagostokd:
Marriage as recognised by God is the divinely established covenant between a man and a woman.

So God established marriage for man but himself is not married, or is he?
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by lagostokd: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:

So God established marriage for man but himself is not married, or is he?
You need to understand the purpose of marriage as designed by God.

The primary purpose of marriage is fellowship, companionship, mutual help and comfort.

The other objective of marriage is procreation - to raise godly children.

If you understand the above points, you will agree that God doesn't need to be 'married' literally

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by menxer: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
lagostokd:

You need to understand the purpose of marriage as designed by God.

The primary purpose of marriage is fellowship, companionship, mutual help and comfort.

The other objective of marriage is procreation - to raise godly children.

If you understand the above points, you will agree that God doesn't need to be 'married' literally
So man can't achieve the above stated primary purpose and objectives without marriage?

So why do you think man needs to be married "literally?"
Was Jesus born in wedlock?
Was David or Solomon born in wedlock?
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by lagostokd: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:

So man can't achieve the above stated primary purpose and objectives without marriage?

So why do you think man needs to be married "literally?"
Was Jesus born in wedlock?
Was David or Solomon born in wedlock?

Every child of God knows fully well that it is not right to procreate outside marriage.

Are you saying that Jesus, David, and Solomon were born out of wedlock?
I won't want you to derail this thread with you atheism submissions. Stick to the purpose of this thread which is answering questions about marriage in heaven as believed in Islam and Jesus's teaching on the subject
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by menxer: 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
lagostokd:

Every child of God knows fully well that it is not right to procreate outside marriage.

Are you saying that Jesus, David, and Solomon were born out of wedlock?
I won't want you to derail this thread with you atheism submissions. Stick to the purpose of this thread which is answering questions about marriage in heaven as believed in Islam and Jesus's teaching on the subject

You think calling me an atheist will add substance to your argument?
I am not a Sheeple to be cowed by such vituperations.

The truth still remains Jesus was born out of wedlock. Was Joseph the biological father of Jesus?

If God fathered Jesus, was God married to Mary?

You are asking questions yet you are afraid of the answers you will get, you can't control all the variables in the equation and still ask questions, it does not make sense.

As above so below.
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by Nobody: 9:44am On May 01, 2017
menxer:

You think calling me an atheist will add substance to your argument?
I am not a Sheeple to be cowed by such vituperations.

The truth still remains Jesus was born out of wedlock. Was Joseph the biological father of Jesus?

If God fathered Jesus, was God married to Mary?

You are asking questions yet you are afraid of the answers you will get, you can't control all the variables in the equation and still ask questions, it does not make sense.

As above so below.
Jesus case was a unique one because he was conceived by the Holy Spirit. It was already prophesied that he will be born by a virgin that's all
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by menxer: 10:24am On May 01, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Jesus case was a unique one because he was conceived by the Holy Spirit. It was already prophesied that he will be born by a virgin that's all

Put that in perspective, was the Holy Spirit in marriage union with Mary?
Short and simple.

Can you see yourself, sounding like a Christian apologist?
Name calling is not a virtue.
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:43am On May 01, 2017
menxer:

Put that in perspective, was the Holy Spirit in marriage union with Mary?
Short and simple.

Can you see yourself, sounding like a Christian apologist?
Name calling is not a virtue.
The Holy Spirit wasn't in union marriage with Mary. The Holy Spirit manifested himself upon her for her to conceive
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by menxer: 1:00pm On May 01, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The Holy Spirit wasn't in union marriage with Mary. The Holy Spirit manifested himself upon her for her to conceive
And I won't be wrong if I say that was premarital sex or artificial insemination.

Besides the man is most times "upon" the woman during Coitus.
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 01, 2017
menxer:

And I won't be wrong if I say that was premarital sex or artificial insemination.

Besides the man is most times "upon" the woman during Coitus.
You're definitely wrong because spirits don't sleep with physical being. That had to come in form of flesh to operate not physical being
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by menxer: 1:38pm On May 01, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You're definitely wrong because spirits don't sleep with physical being. That had to come in form of flesh to operate not physical being
Hahahahahahahahaha

You can't be serious, can you?

Meaning the Bible lied when it said the "sons of God" took the daughters of men to wife, right?

Or the "sons of God" referred to were physical beings, were they?

I know it's religiously outrageous for the Christian mind to imagine God or holy spirit having sex with Mary.

If God would not obey the laws of procreation he made by sexing or inseminating a woman, why didn't he drop Jesus from the blue?

I hope you can see the cyclic nature of the argument: if the sons of God were physical beings to be able to sex the daughters of men, God by extension would be a physical being to impregnate Mary.
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 01, 2017
menxer:

Hahahahahahahahaha

You can't be serious, can you?

Meaning the Bible lied when it said the "sons of God" took the daughters of men to wife, right?

Or the "sons of God" referred to were physical beings, were they?

I know it's religiously outrageous for the Christian mind to imagine God or holy spirit having sex with Mary.

If God would not obey the laws of procreation he made by sexing or inseminating a woman, why didn't he drop Jesus from the blue?

I hope you can see the cyclic nature of the argument: if the sons of God were physical beings to be able to sex the daughters of men, God by extension would be a physical being to impregnate Mary.
I knew you would ask this question relating to the sons of men but you forgot that the sons of men had to take human form to have sex. Latter they changed to spirits but weren't allowed to enter heaven instead there were casted on earth. The Holy Spirit can't have sex with a physical being same with other spirits because Yahweh made it so. In reality it's physical intercourse that can lead to procreation but Yahweh prove scientists wrong during Jesus birth. Had it being there was physical sex, Jesus would have being a sinner like every other being on the earth.
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by ritzyvic1(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2017
Why am I not comfortable with the fact that there wouldn't be sex in heaven?
If the angels in heaven got attracted by women here on earth even though they themselves are spirit beings, we that were once humans might get the urge when we get there. I hope there would be some way out by then, I can't imagine being cast away after struggling to get in
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by lagostokd: 3:37pm On May 01, 2017
ritzyvic1:
Why am I not comfortable with the fact that there wouldn't be sex in heaven?
If the angels in heaven got attracted by women here on earth even though they themselves are spirit beings, we that were once humans might get the urge when we get there. I hope there would be some way out by then, I can't imagine being cast away after struggling to get in
Men will not be in bodily form in heaven.

The body will be left here on earth as dust.

Only the spirit will be in heaven, and the spirit cannot have sexual urges. We will be like the angels worshipping God in heaven

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by menxer: 4:46pm On May 01, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I knew you would ask this question relating to the sons of men but you forgot that the sons of men had to take human form to have sex. Latter they changed to spirits but weren't allowed to enter heaven instead there were casted on earth. The Holy Spirit can't have sex with a physical being same with other spirits because Yahweh made it so. In reality it's physical intercourse that can lead to procreation but Yahweh prove scientists wrong during Jesus birth. Had it being there was physical sex, Jesus would have being a sinner like every other being on the earth.

That belief was a decision of a council of men at nicea not Yahweh. Research on the role played by Eusebius in the formation of Christian belief as we have it.

Digressing to that will derail the thread.

Jesus was not the only person born as a result of a God - woman relationship.
In other ancient religion and culture such is a common occurrence.
Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 01, 2017
lagostokd:
Marriage as recognised by God is the divinely established covenant between a man and a woman. Marriage as a lifelong, sexually exclusive relationship brings children into the world and thus sustains the stewardship of the earth.

It is expected that married couples should remain married in this lifetime and the bond can only be broken by death.

Muslims believe that marriage continues even after death - in al jannah. Aside marriage, Muslims believe that Allah will satisfy their sexual desire in heaven by providing them with Houri (virgins).

Jesus taught in Mathew 22:30 that there won't be marriage in heaven - At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

What are your thoughts on this?

Well....that is what the Holy scriptures say.

Matthew 22:30 King James Version (KJV)

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

No marriage....so that means no marriage.

But Heaven is gonna be such an awesome place...that the concept of marriage won't occupy our thoughts.
We will have such different mind-sets!

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Marriage In Heaven? by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 01, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Brother,
I totally agree with this statement.

(1) (Reply)

Rev. Dr Musa Panti Filibus Elected President Of The Lutheran World Federation. / Story Of The Astronaut Who Took The Holy Communion To Space / The Revelation Of The Conquest Of Otem Over Yahweh & All Worship Loving Gods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.