Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! (19709 Views)

Please Recommend A Good Cream For A Dark Skinned Person / Best Beauty And Makeup Tips For Dark Skin / Dark Skinned Women Do Find Life Unfair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
So let's talk about black soap ... Black soap is a natural traditional soap .it exfoliates and some people do complain that it can be drying but it depends on how you mix the soap
We also have the Ghana soap which people swear by but I personally find it drying so I prefer out own local black soap .it stains yes but honestly speaking its the best you should have especially when you are mixing with other ingredient
Black soap maintain pH level .....cures a lot of skin infections ,amongst other uses..I would advise you mix yourself and not buy that way ,you know what is in the soap ,and you determine quantity ...

I wonder how Caucasian ( oyinbo) value pur own natural products and we disrespect them..do u know how much didu osun is loved and praised ?
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
Are yu aware that a lot of banned ingredients arexstill allowed in us of A ..those products u can't find in European madecskin care products ,that's why if you compare some some products of same brand u would see that the united kingdom is different from that of america ..am giving you assignment go and compare for e.g fair and white serums of us and Britain compare aveeno of us made and united kingdom made. Etc

You will see difference in ilaoot of ingredients

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID CHEMICAL PRODUCTS MIND YOU ,SO CALLES ORGANIC PRODUCTS ARE NOT ORGANIC AS THEY STILL HAVE CHEMICALS

ITS FUNNY HOW BODY SHOP GETS MATERIALS FROM AFRICA AND IN TURN WE PAY THEM THOUSANDS FOR IT
ITS JUST LIKE YOU NEIGHBOUR ASKING IF HE CAN PLUCK MANGIES AND YOU AGREE THEN HE GOES VACK CUTS AND SLICES PUTS IN A BIWL AND SELLS TO YOU FOR 7500
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
Even if you want skin toning I can give you recipe for it ..and those ingredients are every where
Spot remover
Ingredients[b][/b]
Black soap 250g
Neem leave 2tsp
Lemon 3tbs
Shear butter 1tbs
Lavender oil ½tsp
Frankincense oil 1tsp
Sandalwood oil 1tsp
Milk 1tbs
Aloe vera 2tbs

Method
1. Pour your soap into the mortar. Add other ingredients one after the other and use the pestle to mix properly.

Note: Do not pound but to mix in circular motion till the mixture is properly mixed, you can use a cake mixer if you have a spare one.
This should be use as scrub 10min before bath on the stretch marks
: Herbal Body Treatment Soap:

‎Ingredients:

‎* 1 Original Black soap
‎* 4 tbs Carrot juice
‎* 1 tsp carrot powder
‎* 1 tsp Camwood powder
‎* 2 ts Turmeric powder
‎* 6 tsp Honey
‎* 9 tsp Almond oil
‎* 4 tbs Coconut oil
‎* 4 tsp Original Senegalese shea butter
‎* 16 drops Lemon juice
‎* 7 tbs Whitening soap powder

Process:

1. Put your Black soap inside mortal and pound very well. 
2. After add carrot juice, camwood powder, Tumeric powder, honey, Almond oil, coconut oil, shea butter, lemon juice, whitening soap powder.
3. Then mix very well and scoop into your soap container.
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
There is another skin formula that just maintains your skin but smoothens it

Black soap
Milk
Honey
Aloe vera
Egg
Camwood
Coconut oil
Kansu(sulphur)
Lemon

Please the black soap should be as in black soap not Ghana soap ...preferably the one by nupe women
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
That is all for today ... Please don't insult my English.. Am typing too fast and too lazy to correct the errors..good night
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by Cree: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
Yea
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
I don't like How you people are behaving we are all supposed to contribute to this and yet na only me dey send posts..am I the only dark person in Nigeria ? shocked

See your fine faces over there any one that views with out even saying hello,wall gecko will appear to him

1 Like

Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Cree:
Yea

You wetin be yea? Iya as your punishment send oils that can be mixed to give one a beautifully moisturised skin and glow ..I have but I dey wait for you
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by Cree: 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
Do I look like a beautician to u? I am here to learn. You are doing a good job and I love it
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by awesome4: 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
Following
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 6:22am On Oct 23, 2017
Cree:
Do I look like a beautician to u? I am here to learn. You are doing a good job and I love it

How I go take know whether u be beautician, I don c your face before ?......smart way of avoiding to do your assignment wink
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by Cree: 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
Oya palm kernel oil..lol

1 Like

Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by succyblinks(f): 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
I just recently started Using vaseline cocoa butter and it feels very cool on the skin and the smell is out of this world. I can't keep my hands off my nose after applying, but I don't know if it will darken me sha cos I jus want to maintain my chocolate caramel (if that's a colour) skin cheesy
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
succyblinks:
I just recently started Using vaseline cocoa butter and it feels very cool on the skin and the smell is out of this world. I can't keep my hands off my nose after applying, but I don't know if it will darken me sha cos I jus want to maintain my chocolate caramel (if that's a colour) skin cheesy

Most reviews even actually claim it will even tone your. Complexion as well as make your skin glow .
Try a whole bottle first and see but I believe it will be just fine on you
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Cree:
Oya palm kernel oil..lol

You try ...you scored 1/10

1 Like

Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by succyblinks(f): 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
lazygal:

Most reviews even actually claim it will even tone your. Complexion as well as make your skin glow .
Try a whole bottle first and see but I believe it will be just fine on you

If it does that then I'm going to buy a whole carton in case they stop producing it grin

I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by Cree: 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2017
lol.. I no do again
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by mitchyy(f): 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
Finally, a thread for dark skin!

Black soap is bae! Almond oil is bae. Aveeno is bae!
I use and love these products. My baby is fair but he uses black soap infused with palm kernel oil and coconut oil. I also used Vaseline or palm kernel oil for him skin right from Day one.

I love organic products and products not stuffed with plenty chemicals
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 7:29am On Oct 24, 2017
mitchyy:
Finally, a thread for dark skin!

Black soap is bae! Almond oil is bae. Aveeno is bae!
I use and love these products. My baby is fair but he uses black soap infused with palm kernel oil and coconut oil. I also used Vaseline or palm kernel oil for him skin right from Day one.

I love organic products and products not stuffed with plenty chemicals

If you can lay your hands on ekpomi ( hope I got it right) its light and mostly used for babies ...I know most often is in kogi state that it's gotten. Its lighter version of palm kennel from same fruit .its a great oil also
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
FIVE SCRUBS TO MAKE YOUR SKIN GLOW

Why buy artificial scrubs when you can make a whole lot of them with some of the simplest ingredients that you can find in your kitchen? Here are five great DIY scrubs that you can make at home with much ease.

1.Brown Sugar Scrub

Brown Sugar being softer than white sugar makes for a great scrub and an exfoliating agent which can leave the skin silky smooth. All you have to do is mix some brown sugar with olive oil (and a fragrance oil if you’d like) and the brown sugar scrub is ready for use. Rub it all over the body (not too hard, not too slow) and wash it off.
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
2) Oatmeal scrub

There are many ways that you can make an oatmeal scrub, the best and the most common one being mixing it with honey. Oatmeal has got anti-inflammatory properties and honey has the capability to soothe the skin. Together they make the skin flawless and radiant when used on a regular basis. To make the scrub, mix honey, oatmeal and some olive oil. Rub it all over your skin before you take bath every day and wash it off.
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
3)

3. The Coffee Scrub

Coffee has always been known for its rejuvenating effect, both externally and internally. A coffee scrub is hence the best way to exfoliate your skin and rejuvenate it. It’s quite simple to make too. The most difficult part perhaps is that you should find coffee beans that have been grounded to an extent where they are not entirely powdered yet. That should be easy once you get your hands on some coffee beans.

Once you do, mix it with some olive oil and rub it over your skin before you wash it off. You’d be surprised at the change you’re going to notice in about a week after using it everyday.
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
Green tea scrub

Used green tea powder that’s left out in green tea bags or lose can be used to make a scrub. Considering how it has a little bit of caffeine in it, it makes for a great exfoliating scrub along with the anti-oxidant properties of it that can help slow down the ageing of the skin. Mix green tea with sugar and hot water to make a scrub that can show some amazing toning and cleansing properties.
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Almond and Milk scrub

Almonds are rich in Vitamin E – the vitamin that can revitalize the skin and make it shine. Milk, on the other hand, is known for its innumerable benefits on the skin. When we make a scrub out of these two ingredients, it has got to bestow a plenty of benefits upon our skin. This scrub is easy to make – all you have to do is grind the almonds such that they aren’t completely soft and mix them up with milk. Scrub this onto your skin and you’ll be surprised at the effect it can have on your skin upon regular use.
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by lazygal: 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
Asked from all these,I do usually mix powdered peak milk or even the liquid on with salt ..if you are using powdered then add little water ...forms paste then use to scrub body. You could try either to see which fits your skin
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by kinkybabie11(f): 10:32pm On May 30, 2018
Good day everyone, I am like really really dark skinned and I also have dark spots...please, which cream and soap can I use
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by Sissie(f): 11:06pm On May 30, 2018
Whew na wa oh.

At first I was like nice thread.
Then you now tell people not to buy already mixed black soap and then post nonsense unsafe recipe.

Don’t mix soap that isn’t properly preserved with egg and milk, that’s just terrible .

And there is a science behind formulating. If you want to DIY learn from people who know.
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by MercyQuinn(f): 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2018
Hello everyone grin
Please am a chocolate skin lady and am locking for oil or cream to blend my skin. I mean both back and front wink

Please any advice on what products to use
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by pproducts: 10:58am On Nov 29, 2018
Nice recipe I must say. Well done
lazygal:
Even if you want skin toning I can give you recipe for it ..and those ingredients are every where
Spot remover
Ingredients[b][/b]
Black soap 250g
Neem leave 2tsp
Lemon 3tbs
Shear butter 1tbs
Lavender oil ½tsp
Frankincense oil 1tsp
Sandalwood oil 1tsp
Milk 1tbs
Aloe vera 2tbs

Method
1. Pour your soap into the mortar. Add other ingredients one after the other and use the pestle to mix properly.

Note: Do not pound but to mix in circular motion till the mixture is properly mixed, you can use a cake mixer if you have a spare one.
This should be use as scrub 10min before bath on the stretch marks
: Herbal Body Treatment Soap:

‎Ingredients:

‎* 1 Original Black soap
‎* 4 tbs Carrot juice
‎* 1 tsp carrot powder
‎* 1 tsp Camwood powder
‎* 2 ts Turmeric powder
‎* 6 tsp Honey
‎* 9 tsp Almond oil
‎* 4 tbs Coconut oil
‎* 4 tsp Original Senegalese shea butter
‎* 16 drops Lemon juice
‎* 7 tbs Whitening soap powder

Process:

1. Put your Black soap inside mortal and pound very well. 
2. After add carrot juice, camwood powder, Tumeric powder, honey, Almond oil, coconut oil, shea butter, lemon juice, whitening soap powder.
3. Then mix very well and scoop into your soap container.
Re: Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! by Anselembobbyto: 10:19am On Jul 05, 2019
10 Best Natural Body Lotions In Nigeria For Chocolate Skintone

Have you been searching for a natural body lotion to enhance the appearance of your chocolate skintone? Then search no more.

We have compiled an article containing the list of 10 best natural body lotions to enhance your chocolate skintone.

This lotions all contains nothing but pure natural plant and nuts oils such as almond oil, coconut milk, sheabutter, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, coconut water etc.

Consistent usage of any of these lotions will leave your skin well moisturized, nourished, supple, soft and with a dazzling glow.

Follow this link to read the 10 best natural body lotions to enhance your chocolate skintone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Ways To Wear Coloured Jeans To Sync With Your Style Personality / CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! / Nike Is Restocking The Super Eagles 2018 World Cup Collection!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.