Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

What Is The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit? (1893 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? / Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept / What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit? by chieveboy(m): 5:42pm On May 04, 2017
Soul is spirit. The only difference is in the confusion of assuming both are separate.

Soul is an individualised Spirit. It is an atom of spirit which got individualized.

Spirit classically is that NOthing which originates from the pure world's (The Fifth Heaven) where one finds no duality (no female or male, no up or down, no going or coming, no beginning or ending etc).

This world(Fifth heaven) is the true home of souls where soul exists in its purest forms without mixture with matter (Mind, astral body etc) there, Souls exists there as spirits.

Ghost, Angels, demons, Lords of universes etc are not spirits...the catch is that humans are souls but you can't refer to humans as Spirits...even though we are--Souls!

Consequently, "spirit" is an adjective that is mistakenly used as a noun. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit? by shadeyinka(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2017
DeSepiero:

Sorry I don't know how a code looks in a machine but I know how a computer software like MS WORD looks when displayed on a computer screen and I'm sure you do as well.

I seem to understand your point to mean that a software can't be identified 'in an off or un coupled and dismantled computer' (hardware). Then perhaps your analogy was good but not completely good.

So, in essence, do you imply that the spirit in man can't be shown or isn't demonstrable?

You got it.
Your frame of reference was wrong. It is not possible to be fixed in the physical and demand a physical proof of the Application Softwares and Operating system (Soul and Spirit) of man.

You will need a spiritual or logical apparatus/instrument to measure the soul and spirit.

The nearest to what is physically 'demostratable' is demonic possession.

How come demons can take up a body and speak through him:

Example:
Jesus and the Gadarene Legion possesed man...."My name is legion, for we are many". This occurs also in our contemporary times in the process of casting out demons.

Other examples are reports from "Near Death Experiences"

Can you justify why my analogy isn't good enough?
Re: What Is The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit? by shadeyinka(m): 8:19am On May 05, 2017
permit:
So bros how can we deal this sentence:4 the dead knows nothing?

If all the softwares of a computer is removed from it, can it function?

A "physically dead" person knows nothing. Why? The essence of his life is out. What remains are organic matter in the process of decay.

Being physically dead like cows, goats and chicken is not the same as annihilation. A physically dead human take on the "form of Angels".

Do angels need brain for intelligence?
Do angels need legs to move about?

Now in John 11:43
43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “ Lazarus, come forth!” 44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “ Loose him, and let him go.” (NKJV)

Since Lazarus was dead (and should technically no nothing), who did Jesus call forth?

Since God is NOT the God of the dead, but of the Living, explain "How God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?"

Mt 22: 29-
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “ You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven. 31 But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, 32 “I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 And when the multitudes heard this, they were astonished at His teaching. (NKJV)

Shalom my JW Friend
Re: What Is The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit? by FellaL: 9:38am On May 12, 2017
permit:
wat cause death to man sir?

Life and Death are One thing.
Re: What Is The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit? by shadeyinka(m): 7:34am On May 13, 2017
permit:
So bros how can we deal this sentence:4 the dead knows nothing?

Sorry! I probably missed this post. A half EMPTY cup is also half FULL. The scriptures must be interpreted in CONTEXT else, the meaning will be lost.

Example:
Ex4:22
Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son

Naive Interpretations: God has a wife! Jesus must be Gods second son!

So, back to your question:

True!
Physically, a dead person knows nothing.
But
Spiritually, such a person is fully self aware

babyfaceafrica:
I though a dead person knows nothing,how is he conscious and warae of himself?

Lazarus knew himself
The rich Man was conscious of himself

Moses at the Mount of transfigurations is living.

Moreover, Jesus said "God is not the God of the Dead but of the living"

In Revelations, the souls of those who were beheaded for their testimony of Christ cried out for vengeance...and white robes were given unto them.

Resurrection is simply a reconnection of your Physical bodies with your Soul&Spirit. God made humans to be Physical even though, they could be spiritual beings just like the Angels.

Please answer this question: Angels do not have Physical Brains, how come they have intelligence?
Re: What Is The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit? by Ken4Christ: 9:54am On May 13, 2017
Your spirit is the real you. The Bible calls it the inner man or the inward man. In another place, it is called, the hidden man of the heart.

It is with your spirit you make contact with the spirit world.

It is your spirit that gets born again when you receive Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour.

The spirit of man lives on. The body is dead without the spirit.

Your soul consist of your mind, will and emotion. It is with your soul you can make contact with the intellectual world. Nothing happened to your soul at new birth. It is your responsibility to save your soul.

Your soul is saved when your mind is renewed, your emotion is put under control and your will aligned with the will of God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus / Apostle Suleman's Prophecy Fulfilled 24 Hours After! / Your Final Destiny Is Determined By This Biblical Passage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.