Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,310 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos (32532 Views)

One Million Boys: Biola 'Ebila' Killed In Reprisal Attack In Ibadan (Graphic) / Shomuyiwa Azeezat: Pregnant Student Murdered In Ibadan (Graphic Photos) / Man Caught With Human Skeleton In Ibadan. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by dainformant(m): 7:23am On May 01, 2017
Read below what was shared by Samson Akindele, Head of News at Fresh 105.9 FM, Ibadan

A 50-year-old photographer died yesterday in the Challenge area of Ibadan. He was reportedly tortured by some men of the Oyo State Special Anti-Robbery Squad at their Dugbe Headquarters.

According to family sources, friends and neighbours, the man was arrested on Friday, April 21, 2017 alongside four others during a raid at a spot for allegedly smoking Indian hemp.

One of his co-suspects told me on tape that on getting to SARS detection facility at Dugbe, they got daily vicious beatings from the policemen who used what they claimed looked like hockey sticks and other iron materials to torture many detainees.

It is now believed that this man died from the torture due to internal bleeding.

My investigation further revealed that each of the other suspects' relations and friends had to pay nothing less than 30,000 naira to get bailed after days without food.

It learnt that the deceased could not get to his family nor friends because his phone was seized and having realised that he could die in detention, his the policemen quickly released him to a man (who also spoke on tape) who brought him to his house after paying 3,500 Naira as bail.

According to the man, the police reduced the bail money to 5,000 Naira but when he could not raise up to that, they hurriedly released the deceased to him.

But on getting home, as the man was being helped to alight from the motorcycle (Okada) that brought him home, he gave up the ghost just at the front yard of the house.

From the taped interview I had with one of those arrested and detained with the deceased, he never smoked cannabis, even though he (co-suspect) admitted doing so.

Neighbours also attested to the simple lifestyle, industry and good neighbourliness of the man. They all opposed to the Indian hemp theory woven around the man they loved to see around.

Meanwhile, family members have reported the matter at the Orita Police Division and have contacted pathologists to examine the body to determine the real cause of death.

Police are yet to react to the incident.

Details later....

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/how-sars-operatives-beat-photographer.html

2 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by sarrki(m): 7:24am On May 01, 2017
Sars are outlaws

33 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by Atiku2019: 7:24am On May 01, 2017
cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by Kondomatic(m): 7:29am On May 01, 2017
Majority of the SARS guys are criminals

149 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by BigStout(m): 7:30am On May 01, 2017
Ooh lawd
Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by sarrki(m): 7:30am On May 01, 2017
For us to get it as a nation

Our entire system needs to be overhauled

Also our society

Our problems is beyond leadership

Also we have problem of the governed

The governed see nothing bad in corrupt practices

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by timawoku(m): 7:31am On May 01, 2017
Believing in extra-ordinary source of evil is quite irrelevant, man alone is capable of all wickedness (Joseph Conrad)

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by KennedyIroh: 7:33am On May 01, 2017
official arm robbers called sars angry

Thunder fire Buhari Insha'Allah amin

cc
Omenkalives grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by ZombieTAMER: 7:34am On May 01, 2017
If I call it a jungle
They would attack me
If I call it a zoo
They will insult me

So let me call it paradise
Nigeria is heaven on earth

RIP to the dead
Though Your killers cannot be brought to book
But they won't know peace

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by ZombieTAMER: 7:39am On May 01, 2017
sarrki:
For us to get it as a nation

Our entire system needs to be overhauled

Also our society

Our problems is beyond leadership

Also we have problem of the governed

The governed see nothing bad in corrupt practices
I like the way you stylishly shifted the goal post........ It's the citizenry that has problem grin

11 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by OGsteven(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2017
This SARS and police thing is getting worst and extreme every day.I pray we will not fall victim

21 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by sarrki(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

I like the way you stylishly shifted the goal post........ It's the citizenry that has problem grin

I don't support the leadership of this country aside pmb

Coz I trust him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by SuperSuave(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2017
Criminals in uniform

6 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2017
RIP
Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by psucc(m): 7:58am On May 01, 2017
SARS operatives are criminals and ritualists. they must kill to keep their power going.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by moonloved(f): 8:55am On May 01, 2017
SARS are murderer

11 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by Lilaex: 9:53am On May 01, 2017
sad shocked

1 Like

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by veekid(m): 9:53am On May 01, 2017
Sars in this part of the world are brutal

8 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by idu1(m): 9:54am On May 01, 2017
Bad
Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by slawomir: 9:54am On May 01, 2017
ok
Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by oatzeal(m): 9:54am On May 01, 2017
Damn
Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 9:54am On May 01, 2017
Hmmm

So sad..
Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 9:55am On May 01, 2017
That is their trade mark

5 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by idioticmynd44: 9:56am On May 01, 2017
SARs is another name for LUNATICS!

1 Like

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by Abbeyme: 9:56am On May 01, 2017
Rip to the dead
Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by hotspec(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2017
I think SARS means Special Anti Robbery Squad. They shd go after robbers and leave narcotics issue to NDLEA.
These SARS people are too dangerous on helpless citizens. They broke to my compound d other time wanted to kill a guy simply becos he was owing his friend some #50k, and couldnt pay back.

15 Likes

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by hoover420: 9:56am On May 01, 2017
Torturing someone cos he smokes weed? shocked
Seeing every young guy with sophisticated phone as a yahoo boy
Arresting any young guy with dreads & tattoo as an armed robber?
These things just need to stop!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by WhistleB(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2017
Those guys wicked pass soldiers.
Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by Tenim47(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2017
KennedyIroh:
official arm robbers called sars angry
Thunder fire Buhari Insha'Allah amin

cc Omenkalives grin
SARS av been operating b4 buhari era, so why cursing yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos by abescom: 9:57am On May 01, 2017
I can testify that the SAR squad at Dugbe are idiots. A disgrace to the already disgraceful Nigeria police force.

I had an encounter with them about three months ago. I was in the car with my wife's sister's boyfriend and my driver. They stopped us, asked for the car's document and even went as far as searching our phones ( I allowed it because I know how reckless and idiotic they can be).

After several hours of asking me nonsense and idiotic question ( including telling me why I as a blogger is not registered with CAC something which made me tell them to do their worst).

They said they were going to follow me to my house which I refused simply because they were wearing their vests and would send the wrong signal in the area. After pleading and begging I decided to allow them follow me home. Close to wemba at Apata, 10 minutes from my house, the bastards told me to pay them 10k to forget it. And as I had got a mail from a client who had paid into my UK account for a job which the bastards were not letting me do I obliged.

After settling the whole thing I discovered one of my car document was missing. Went back there one idiot ( his leader's name is Makinde) who is probably same age with me threatened to slap at which point I damned all the consequence and told him if he does slap me once I will slap him twice.

After that I called my god mother ( note I didn't want to involve her because she has made someone lose their job over me in Lagos before) who called the dop at Oluyole police ( an igboman) who in turn called the dsp Aremu at dugbe.

The idiots were seriously warned and according to the DSP they already have a case pending before him and are likely to be dismissed. I had to beg my godmother to let go as she was very annoyed with them and the dop at oluyole was not letting things lie low. I was later offered my 10k and the fee to get another document which I rejected.

Those idiots should be dealt with it is like they have not learnt their lessons with my own incident. They are a disgrace to Nigeria.

29 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed / How I Lost A Colleague To Lagos Bus Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.