Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng (3306 Views)

Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) / Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 01, 2017
I hope this is helpful to nairalanders

Preparation of your documents
- When you come to the VFS Application Centre to submit your Schengen visa application you must bring all the required documents in original.
- In addition, you must bring one set of clear photocopies of all your documents, including a copy of your personal bank statement. It is very important that your photocopied set of documents is not stapled, bound, glued or with paper clips, because we will put all your photocopied documents into a scanner.
Documents from Norway/Iceland must be sent to the applicant, NOT to the Embassy.

Schengen visa - list of required documents
Documents to be provided by ALL VISA APPLICANTS:

The cover letter sent to your e-mail after completing the booking in the Application Portal.
Passport valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area. The passport has to contain at least two (2) blank pages and it is required that it is issued within the previous ten (10) years. It is advised to submit previous passports with past visas and stamps.
Travel medical insurance certificate. It is required that the insurance covers all days you are planning to stay in the Schengen area. If you are a Nigerian citizen who apply at the Norwegian Embassy in Abuja the insurance must be bought from an Insurance company that is accepted for visa applications by the Norwegian Embassy.
Exemtions:
The following categories of applicants do not have to present a travel medical insurance certificate
- holders of diplomatic passports
- family members of EU and Swizz citizens who are in the possession of and can present the purple health card for EU/EEA citizens
One (1) passport size photos with white background and not older than 6 months.
Flight ticket or flight reservation including return flight.
Verifiable evidence of sufficient means of subsistence during intended stay:
- Three (3) last payslips
- Recent personal bank statement showing balance over the last three (3) months
- Document about regular income generated by property, if applicable
or
- Guarantee form from a reference person in Norway
or
- For business travelers it is sufficient to provide a written invitation where the inviting company is accepting financial responsibility with regard to the travel costs and stay. In the case of small companies/businesses, the invitation must state the company registration number as listed in the Brønnøysund register.
Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay; hotel reservations, rental of holiday home, campus residence reservation or proof of private accommodation (invitation) from the host.
Additionally, for applicants who are residing outside their home country:
- Residence permit
Additionally, for minors travelling alone or with one parent:
- Letter of consent from both parents/legal guardian(s)
- Birth certificate of the minor
- Passport of both parents/legal guardian(s)
- The cover letter must be signed by both parents/legal guardian(s)
Additionally, for students:
- Letter from school or university that leave is granted from the school where the applicant is presently enrolled
- School identification card
- If a student is going on a holiday during the summer, present an original certification of reservation or certification of enrolment to prove that he/she is enrolled for the next school year/semester
Additional, requirement for ICELAND only:
- Copy of the sponsor's passport and payslips for the last three months
Documents to be provided by applicants travelling for the purpose of TOURISM:

Proof of employment:
- Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC), Certificate of Business Incorporation and proof of ownership for businesspersons
- Employment letter stating position, length of service, salary and days of leave for employees
- Proof of commercial activities in your home country and overseas for businesspersons e.g. bills of lading, receipt book, etc.
Proof of ties in your home country, if applicable:
- Marriage certificate
- Children’s birth certificates
- Document about regular income generated by property
Additionally, for scholars (professors, scholarship-holders, lecturers, instructors, etc.):
- Introduction letter from school or university
Documents to be provided by applicants travelling for FAMILY VISIT:

Proof of relationship between visa applicant and person to be visited (birth certificate, marriage certificate, correspondence, photos, etc.).
Formal written, dated and signed invitation letter from the host:
- The invitation letter should come from the biological family member in Norway, not from the Norwegian husband, etc. (the guarantee form may be filled in by the Norwegian husband, etc.). The invitation must contain information about the period of the visit, complete and relevant information about the person extending the invitation, the invited person and their relationship to each other (including information about any family relationship), along with the purpose of the stay to be covered by the visa. The invitation should also state whether the person extending the invitation is also standing as a financial guarantor.
- A copy of the passport of the person inviting. If the person inviting is not a Nordic citizen, a copy of the most recent residence permit in Norway must be submitted.
- Marriage certificate
- Letter of introduction from employer and three (3) last payslips
- Recent personal bank statement showing the bank balance over last three (3) months
Additionally, for boyfriends/girlfriends:
- The invitation letter should also give details of how much time the parties have spent together (dates, places, etc). This should be documented by copies of stamps in the host's passport. If the parties have spent time together outside the applicant's home country, copies of both parties' passports should be submitted.
Documents to be provided by applicants travelling for BUSINESS:

Invitation letter from the company based in Norway/Member State of destination. The letter should contain relevant personal data of the invited person, purpose of the visit and duration of stay, stating the schedule for the meetings in Norway and explaining the business relationship.
Letter of introduction from employer stating position and length of service, or proof of ownership if you are a businessman/businesswoman
Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC), Certificate of Business Incorporation (certificate of registration of a company or business) and Article of Memorandum.
Proof of commercial activities in your home country and recent business contacts
Proof of the continuation of the commercial relationship with the company that invites (contracts, bills, commercial correspondence, etc.), if applicable
Additionally, if this is your first journey to the Schengen area:
- Marriage certificate
- Recent personal bank statement showing balance over last three (3) months
Additionally, for participants in conferences, fairs, seminars, congresses, etc.:
- An invitation from a company or an authorized body to attend events connected with trade, industry or work
- Proof of registration and entry tickets for events, if applicable
- Other documents which show the existence of trade or work relations
Documents to be provided by applicants travelling for RESEARCH or TRAINING:
Certificate of enrolment at an educational establishment for the purpose of studying, scientific or practical trainings (including vocational training) or other events or activities that could contribute to enhance professional and intellectual skills of the applicant.
Student card or certificate of the courses to be attended.
Proof of pre-payment of course or training, if applicable.
- Marriage certificate
Documents to be provided by applicants travelling on an OFFICIAL MISSION or OFFICIAL PURPOSES:

A verbal note issued by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs confirming that the applicant is a member of the official delegation or on an official mission to a Member State.
Invitation or confirmation of registration of the host organization.
Documents to be provided by applicants travelling for SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES, CULTURAL PURPOSES, SPORTS, SUMMER SCHOOLS, RELIGIOUS EVENTS OR OTHER REASONS:

Invitation letter. The letter should contain the name of the host organization, relevant personal data of the invited, purpose of the visit and duration of stay.
Entry ticket, proof of enrolment or program stating (wherever possible) the name of the host organization, the length of the stay or other documents proving the purpose of the journey.
Letter of introduction from your organization/club.
- Marriage certificate
Additionally, for footballers, if applicable:
- Invitation letter from the tournament/event organizer/club
- Employment contract
- Three last payslips or proof of three last salaries
- Letter of introduction from the national football association in your home country
- License card
- Letter of introduction from your football club
- If you are connected to a football academy, you have to submit the academy's Certificate of Business Incorporation, Article of Memorandum, bank statement showing balance over the last three (3) months and copy of the Director(s) and shareholder(s) passport(s).

Power of attorney/authorization
On top of this page, on the right side, is the form for granting a power of attorney/autorization. This form shall be completed by applicants who wish to give another person authorization to follow up on the case on his/her behalf.

Source: Visa Officer | Bookmark and Share

Downloads
Power of attorney. Source
http://emb-norway.com.ng
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 01, 2017
Visit vfsglobal.com/norway for additional information
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by fpeter(f): 2:17pm On May 03, 2017
Justice96:
Visit vfsglobal.com/norway for additional information

Please which European country would be the easiest for me to obtain a Schengen Visa? Thanks.
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 03, 2017
[quote author=fpeter post=56169444]

Please which European country would be the easiest for me to obtain a Schengen Visa? Thanks.[/quote

Latvia is heading with a 99.3% rate of Schengen visas issued – which when translated means that the rate of rejection by the Latvian Embassy is only 0.7% out of all applications received. You must be persuaded to apply already! Right behind Latvia, are positioned Iceland and Lithuania with an equal rate of visas issued – 99.1%. These twin countries are followed by Estonia with a 99% rate, Slovakia 98.4%, Poland 98.3%, Greece with 98% and Luxembourg 97.9%.
Finally, the last but not least, and evidently not so far behind, stretches out the Czech Republic with only 2.2% refusal rate meaning you have a 97.8% chance of being granted the Schengen Visa type inquired.
Wishing you the best of luck!
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by fpeter(f): 8:55am On May 04, 2017
[quote author=Justice96 post=56170176][/quote]

Thank you. Please, I'd like to know the country that would easily gain me access to Germany of all those you mentioned.
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by Nobody: 8:58am On May 04, 2017
fpeter:

Thank you. Please, I'd like to know the country that would easily gain me access to Germany of all those you mentioned.

Once you have gain access to any schengen country you can easily move freely to the rest

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by fpeter(f): 9:15am On May 04, 2017
Justice96:

Once you have gain access to any schengen country you can easily move freely to the rest

with this brexit matter, can one enter Britain?
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 04, 2017
fpeter:

with this brexit matter, can one enter Britain?

Britain is not among the schengen member states..
I sent you an email
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by fpeter(f): 3:16pm On May 04, 2017
Justice96:

Britain is not among the schengen member states..
I sent you an email

Thanks, I'll check my mail.
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by fakmurphy(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2017
Hi justwise I was looking for details on GREECE Tourist Visa, most requirement asked should be 3yrs. Eg Tax Clearance, Bank Statement so on. Any details about this? i found those details here;
http://www.mfa.gr/missionsabroad/en/nigeria-en/visas/documents-to-be-provided-by-applicants-traveling-for-the-purpose-of-tourism-schengen.html
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 04, 2017
fakmurphy:
Hi justwise I was looking for details on GREECE Tourist Visa, most requirement asked should be 3yrs. Eg Tax Clearance, Bank Statement so on. Any details about this? i found those details here;
http://www.mfa.gr/missionsabroad/en/nigeria-en/visas/documents-to-be-provided-by-applicants-traveling-for-the-purpose-of-tourism-schengen.html

For the last 3 yrs which means the documents should not be older than 3 years
Re: Schengen Visa - List Of Required Documents. Visit Http://emb-norway.com.ng by Kennethious: 11:05pm On May 23, 2017
Hello Everybody, I just joined this forum this morning and I hope it will help. I have a pressing issues about my schengen Visa Application. Sometimes last year April, I applied for Italian Visa (Holiday) with a Virgin Passport and I was denied. I used my own own company documents, no single fake documents was among and I was denied. So after then, I have travel to 3 different countries. Kenya, South Africa and Tanzania. I'm thinking of a vacation next month and will prefer a schengen country again. So please what embassy is advised for me to apply ?.
I have every documents, I'm a tax payer. I will be happy for the advise. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? / Canadian Skilled Workers Immigration Medical Exam / British Girl Caught Having Sex In Virgin Aeroplane Toilets With Male Passenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.