Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

How To Prevent Bloating - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Prevent Bloating (3039 Views)

11 Effective Home Remedies For Gas And Bloating / 6 Simple Remedies To Banish Bloating (and Get A Flatter Belly) / Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue, Bloating, Pelvic Pain, Abdominal Swelling And Cons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Bloating by esotericjules: 12:17pm On May 02, 2017
Source:http://www.9jagirlfriends.com/

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across the topic for this post in one of my favorite blogs 'Byrdie.'
Now one of the worst things I hate in a human physique is a big stomach. Kai, my hatred for that prodigiously distended stomach, the one referred to as “Afor Beer , that makes some people look like the swallowed a life toad, is almost bordering to the point of obsession.

This is not to say that I have the flattest stomach in the history of flat stomachs, quite the contrary, my stomach is of a considerable size, though it might not be noticeable when I’m standing, but when I sit down it distends embarrassingly outwards. Even though I try as much as possible not to hate any part of my body, but my stomach is one part I will gladly trade, for a flatter one, of course. Lawd help me. To think that a few years back I had a semi-nonexistent stomach.

You might be wondering if you hate your stomach that much why not do something, but mehn have I tried? I have gone as far as lifting weights, hoping that within weeks my tummy will be as flat as Agbani Darego’s when she won the miss world title, but alas it didn’t quite turn out that way and in a couple of weeks I got tired and dropped the workout beat. Don’t blame me, I hate sweating and with workout comes sweating. I have also tried dieting, but my love for some certain foods no just gree me stick to the routine and gosh is dieting expensive?. Who has that kind of money to be eating nothing but wheat when you want to swallow? But nevertheless, I’m still not relenting on my quest to get back that my highly desirable semi-non-existent stomach. I know I’m not the only 9ja girl out there on this great quest, so I decided to share some of the some of the things I read in the post with all 9jagirlfriends battling along with me.

In the post, the writer said that there are two ways to get a flat stomach.
Hitting the gym
Focusing on bloating.

Since the gym bit is something I’m not too keen about at the moment and not everyone can afford, let’s focus on bloating. Here are a few remedies on how to go about de-bloating that terribly looking huge tummy.

EAT MORE SLOWLY

Lol, this might sound like a joke, but it isn’t. There are actually facts backing this. Eating very fast will cause you to take in so much air; hence your stomach will be filled up with gas, meaning you can feel a little more bloated than you previously were. So it’s actually advisable to eat mindfully and chew food longer to stop your stomach from getting full so quickly. This is important because since your stomach doesn’t have teeth, it will struggle to digest the bigger particles you didn’t chew properly and bacteria can start fermenting on the food, thereby causing digestive problems, thus preventing a flat stomach. Hehehe, if you’re the type that’s always eating like you’re been chased by your village masquerade, stop and repent from that habit, it might actually be what causes your bloating.
CHECK YOUR PORTION SIZE.
The quantity of food you eat has a lot to contribute to bloating. To prevent this, stick to a fist size portion. One of the main reasons we get excess bloating is that the bacteria in the colon is eating the food we eat and then that produces gas. So eating less food will starve this bacteria’s thereby resulting in less bloating. I know this is definitely going to be hard for some foodies, but if that bloating keeps you as uncomfortable as it keeps me, then eating less will sure help.

DRINK PEPPERMINT

One way to get a flat stomach when feeling bloated is by drinking peppermint tea. Many studies have proven the efficacy of peppermint and its effect on better digestion. Peppermint tea eases the muscles that allow painful digestive gas to pass. Hmm, I’ve never had peppermint tea before, but I’m definitely going to hunt it down.

EAT MORE YOGURT.

Not only does yogurt help to digest your food and help with getting a flat stomach, but it’s also thought to help with your immune system. Ok na, Farmfresh and Habib yogurt, here I come.

DE-STRESS

Stress can cause your body to not digest food properly. When your body goes into a fight or flight mode all the blood intended to help your body break down food,, will be unable to do their job as your body redirects it elsewhere in your system. So while sipping that peppermint tea, listen to some calming music and forget all about your worries.

AVOID OR EAT LESS OF THESE FOODS.

Some foods can cause you to feel more bloated. So eating less of them or completely avoiding them will get you one step closer towards that your flat tummy goal. Here they go, Beans, bread, carbonated drinks, onions, garlic, apples, dairy products, corn, pizza, (I know some of you are already shrieking, Not my dominos …Yes! that too), all these food can increase bloating.

ADDITIONAL THINGS TO DO TO PREVENT BLOATING

Here are a couple other things to do to prevent bloating, Quit smoking, chew less gum, don’t drink from a straw, drink more water.

Darris all, for now, my 9jagirlfriends, I hope we've learnt a thing or two, I know I did. Feel free to tell us what you have done in the past to prevent that disgraceful bloat.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Someone Suffering From Staphylococcus? I Have The Cure / Lump In My Anus(graphic pic) / Photo; See What Happened To This Man After Smoking Marijuana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.