Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,208 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

"Islamic" Musicians... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / "Islamic" Musicians... (2007 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Islamic" Musicians... by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 02, 2017
copied.....writer unknown

Mr and Mrs musicians how are you? did you say you are islaamic musician? i'm sorry islaam does not recognize you. you don't agree? well let's make a brief analysis.
remember last year you released your album as you've always been doing years and years ago and many people who also claim to be muslims bought it and got engaged in it so much they have abandoned the q'uraan because of the "sweetness" in your music. now you see why you can't be islaamic?

you later advanced in your chosen way of life as people can now download your music on youtube yeeesss youuuu tuuuube "the way to aljannah " abi? what an achievement. waao you are now worldwide.

so many people could sing your albums without a single mistake some even beat the drums with their mouth but they can't memorize the q'uraan. again see your achievement

a lot of people are possessed with various jinns and they were diagnosed to have gotten possessed as a result of listening to music, juju, fuji, hip hop, awilo, gospel, azonto you know you are all the same. you hold concerts together, you belong to the same entertainment industry, but you still didn't see your music in my list? aah it means you don't even know what you are doing. most of you are fuji musicians! as of today i only know of one juju musician among you. yeeesss now you got it

mostly every friday, the radio and tv stations will never play the q'uraan unless it is sponsored but they play your music freely. the q'uraan pays while you don't. the q'uraan suffers while you enjoy. your word has overtaken the word of allaah and you jump for joy? you deprive millions of people the barakah of the q'uraan. or you feel your music too can do the work of the book of allaah? please say it

and see those your videos whose example is it that you follow? the prophet? his wives? have you ever heard that they made such shameful displays like you male and female entertainers?

please i just have to pause here because my hands are aching for the long list of your "achievements"
and i'm sure you've gone to the studios like six months ago for a new hit album to stop the people from amassing the benefits of the holy month of ramadan again.

wallaahi it's much better for you if you cancel that album no matter how much you lose it's a tiny amount compared to losing your qiyaamah. my candid advice to you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by Alennsar(f): 5:13pm On May 03, 2017
well it is not only music but musical instrument, clapping, whistle blowing and reapeatin songs as if you own d album
Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by Nobody: 7:27am On May 04, 2017
Alennsar:
well it is not only music but musical instrument

There is no music without musical instruments according to the scholars, so saying words with tones are seen as poems, although, its not allowed to repeat the lyrics of musicians even tho you that without accompanying it with musical instruments...

clapping,

Na'am.....its an act of jaahiliyyah...

whistle blowing

There are difference of opinions with regards to whistling and the most likely correct opinion is its makrooh(disliked) for men and may be haraam for women, leaving it in totality is safer, you don't need it...

and reapeatin songs as if you own d album

Na'am...

1 Like

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by OLAJADON: 8:30am On May 04, 2017
following
Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by tintingz(m): 4:53pm On May 04, 2017
Where did Allah(SWT) prohibits Music? undecided
Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by Demmzy15(m): 10:06am On May 05, 2017
tintingz:
Where did Allah(SWT) prohibits Music? undecided
I know you're expecting a verse like "O you who believe, do not listen to music, jamz, gbedu, fuji, afro juju or whatever you call it. " angry undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by Nobody: 10:11am On May 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
I know you're expecting a verse like "O you who believe, do not listen to music, jamz, gbedu, fuji, afro juju or whatever you call it. " angry undecided

grin grin grin or verse like....

"O you who believe, do not be like the nations before you that got destroyed for their listening to WizKid, lilwayne and 'badoo' after guidance has been made clear to them, Allaah knows and you do not know, he is the All knowing All wise"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by Demmzy15(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2017
AbdelKabir:

grin grin grin or verse like....

"O you who believe, do not be like the nations before you that got destroyed for their listening to WizKid, lilwayne and 'badoo' after guidance has been made clear to them, Allaah knows and you do not know, he is the All knowing All wise"
grin grin grin grin grin grin FriendNG, see what they're doing to NAS!
Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by FriendNG: 10:50am On May 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
grin grin grin grin grin grin FriendNG, see what they're doing to NAS!

grin grin grin
Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by tintingz(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
Lol, No... Something like this:

Oh you who believe, do not make music your friend, Satan enters your ears when you listen to sound of music, the torment of hell and lot of beating is for those that disobey, Allah is all knowing, forgiving, most merciful. (Al-Tinu 2:105)

grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by Demmzy15(m): 1:05pm On May 05, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, No... [s]Something like this:

Oh you who believe, do not make music your friend, Satan enters your ears when you listen to sound of music, the torment of hell and lot of beating is for those that disobey, Allah is all knowing, forgiving, most merciful. (Al-Tinu 2:105)[/s]

grin cheesy
This is Surah Al Baqarah 2:105

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 105:
مَّا يَوَدُّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَلَا الْمُشْرِكِينَ أَن يُنَزَّلَ عَلَيْكُم مِّنْ خَيْرٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَخْتَصُّ بِرَحْمَتِهِ مَن يَشَاءُ وَاللَّهُ ذُو الْفَضْلِ الْعَظِيمِ

Neither those who disbelieve among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) nor Al-Mushrikun (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, idolaters, polytheists, pagans, etc.) like that there should be sent down unto you any good from your Lord. But Allah chooses for His Mercy whom He wills. And Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

sad angry angry
Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by tintingz(m): 2:26pm On May 05, 2017
Demmzy15:

This is Surah Al Baqarah 2:105

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 105:
مَّا يَوَدُّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَلَا الْمُشْرِكِينَ أَن يُنَزَّلَ عَلَيْكُم مِّنْ خَيْرٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَخْتَصُّ بِرَحْمَتِهِ مَن يَشَاءُ وَاللَّهُ ذُو الْفَضْلِ الْعَظِيمِ

Neither those who disbelieve among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) nor Al-Mushrikun (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, idolaters, polytheists, pagans, etc.) like that there should be sent down unto you any good from your Lord. But Allah chooses for His Mercy whom He wills. And Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

sad angry angry
How does this relate to music? undecided

The book of Psalms given to David by Allah means songs. Where did Allah prohibited Music?

1 Like

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by Demmzy15(m): 5:56pm On May 05, 2017
tintingz:
How does this relate to music? undecided

The book of Psalms given to David by Allah means songs. Where did Allah prohibited Music?
See you, who told you I have the time to prove anything to you. I was quoting the verse you jokingly referred to earlier!

3 Likes

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by tintingz(m): 6:24pm On May 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
See you, who told you I have the time to prove anything to you. I was quoting the verse you jokingly referred to earlier!
The verse I quoted is from my book (V. Al-Tinu) not At-Tin in the Quran. grin

Prohibition of music does not exist anywhere in the Quran.

1 Like

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by Demmzy15(m): 7:33am On May 06, 2017
tintingz:
The verse I quoted is from my book (V. Al-Tinu) not At-Tin in the Quran. grin

Prohibition of music does not exist anywhere in the Quran.
grin cheesy grin Chaiiiii, you quoted 2:105 as Surah Tin and I gave you the correct verse in suratul Baqarah. I'm not proving anything to you, so don't be flattered! grin
Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by tintingz(m): 10:06am On May 06, 2017
Demmzy15:
grin cheesy grin Chaiiiii, you quoted 2:105 as Surah Tin and I gave you the correct verse in suratul Baqarah. I'm not proving anything to you, so don't be flattered! grin
Since non of you cannot show where Allah prohibited music, this thread should be thrown to the waste bin. cool

You guys wanna use reverse psychology and red herring in this thread, not knowing y'all are turning this thread into a mockery on yourselves and Muslims, if Allah can clearly prohibited alcohol, if Allah can clearly ordered for Muslims to kill non believers/enemies, if Allah can clearly permit multiple wives for men, if Allah can clearly order fornicators to be flogged, then why is it hard to find prohibition of music in the Quran?

3 Likes

Re: "Islamic" Musicians... by IbnMajaah: 2:27pm On May 14, 2017
Praise be to Allaah.

Ma’aazif is the plural of mi’zafah, and refers to musical instruments (Fath al-Baari, 10/55), instruments which are played (al-Majmoo’, 11/577). Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated from al-Jawhari (may Allaah have mercy on him) that ma’aazif means singing. In his Sihaah it says that it means musical instruments. It was also said that it refers to the sound of the instruments. In al-Hawaashi by al-Dimyaati (may Allaah have mercy on him) it says: ma’aazif means drums (dufoof, sing. daff) and other instruments which are struck or beaten (Fath al-Baari, 10/55).

Evidence of prohibition in the Qur’aan and Sunnah:

Allaah says in Soorat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

The scholar of the ummah, Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: this means singing. Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this means playing the drum (tabl). (Tafseer al-Tabari, 21/40).

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this includes all manner of haraam speech, all idle talk and falsehood, and all nonsense that encourages kufr and disobedience; the words of those who say things to refute the truth and argue in support of falsehood to defeat the truth; and backbiting, slander, lies, insults and curses; the singing and musical instruments of the Shaytaan; and musical instruments which are of no spiritual or worldly benefit. (Tafseer al-Sa’di, 6/150)

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The interpretation of the Sahaabah and Taabi’in, that ‘idle talk’ refers to singing, is sufficient. This was reported with saheeh isnaads from Ibn ‘Abbaas and Ibn Mas’ood. Abu’l-Sahbaa’ said: I asked Ibn Mas’ood about the aayah (interpretation of the meaning), ‘“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks’ [Luqmaan 31:6]. He said: By Allaah, besides Whom there is no other god, this means singing – and he repeated it three times. It was also reported with a saheeh isnaad from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that this means singing. There is no contradiction between the interpretation of “idle talk” as meaning singing and the interpretation of it as meaning stories of the Persians and their kings, and the kings of the Romans, and so on, such as al-Nadr ibn al-Haarith used to tell to the people of Makkah to distract them from the Qur’aan. Both of them are idle talk. Hence Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “Idle talk” is falsehood and singing. Some of the Sahaabah said one and some said the other, and some said both. Singing is worse and more harmful than stories of kings, because it leads to zinaa and makes hypocrisy grow (in the heart); it is the trap of the Shaytaan, and it clouds the mind. The way in which it blocks people from the Qur’aan is worse than the way in which other kinds of false talk block them, because people are naturally inclined towards it and tend to want to listen to it. The aayaat condemn replacing the Qur’aan with idle talk in order to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah without knowledge and taking it as a joke, because when an aayah of the Qur’aan is recited to such a person, he turns his back as if he heard them not, as if there were deafness in his ear. If he hears anything of it, he makes fun of it. All of this happens only in the case of the people who are most stubbornly kaafirs and if some of it happens to singers and those who listen to them, they both have a share of this blame. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/258-259).

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]

It was narrated that Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice” – his voice [the voice of Iblees/Shaytaan] is singing and falsehood. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This idaafah [possessive or genitive construction, i.e., your voice] serves to make the meaning specific, as with the phrases [translated as] “your cavalry” and “your infantry” [later in the same aayah]. Everyone who speaks in any way that is not obedient to Allaah, everyone who blows into a flute or other woodwind instrument, or who plays any haraam kind of drum, this is the voice of the Shaytaan. Everyone who walks to commit some act of disobedience towards Allaah is part of his [the Shaytaan’s] infantry, and anyone who rides to commit sin is part of his cavalry. This is the view of the Salaf, as Ibn ‘Abi Haatim narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas: his infantry is everyone who walks to disobey Allaah. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan).

culled from:

https://islamqa.info/en/5000

(1) (Reply)

My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend / Muslims, Is This True? / In Memoriam - Prayers For The Dearly Departed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.