Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Muslims, Is This True? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims, Is This True? (1982 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / For Muslims: Is Bid'ah (innovation) The Reason Why Islamic Societies Lag Behind. / Muslims. Is It Possible To Have Feelings For Someone U Cant Marry Due To Religious Orientation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims, Is This True? by tobechi20(m): 12:10am On Aug 11, 2013
THE FOLLOWINGis a list of twelve odd facts about Islam — a list I found at IslamRevealed.com:
1. It is a sin to pluck your eyebrows.
2. It is against Islamic doctrine to have pictures in your home.
3. If a Muslim wife refuses to wear a veil, others will see her as her husband's slave rather than his wife.
4. The punishment for having unmarried sex is whipping with a hundred lashes and then being exiled for a year.
5. Getting into Paradise is usually not a sure thing. Your good deeds must outweigh your bad deeds, but who knows for sure if they do? But there are three things youcan do toguaranteeyou'll make it to Paradise: a) killing a non-Muslim in battle, b) if two of your children were killed fighting for Allah, or c) memorizing the ninety-nine names of Allah.
6. Allah not just allows, butencouragesMuslims to deceive non-Muslims if it willfurther the goals of spreadingIslam.
7. Women are not allowed to wear hair extensions or a wig.
8. Wearing the color yellow isforbidden.
9. A Muslim must avoid yawning. Mohammad said,"Yawning is from Satan."
10. Dogs should be killed. All dogs.
11. Mohammad recommended women breastfeed young men. Then the men are considered family and would be allowed to talk to the woman unveiled. However, once she breastfed him, he would not be allowed to marry her.
12. It is a sin to lie on your back and cross your feet.
Learn more about Islam.

Is this true?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Lanrefahm(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2013
chairman take it easy, most islamic site mislead someone coz dey are mostly created by the enemy of islam so is better u go to any mosque or any islamic gathering (good ones o o y there is interactions o o) or knowledgeable ones that practice what they preach, ask dem dont believe everything u see on the net

2 Likes

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by FVCKMACLATUNJI: 12:41am On Aug 11, 2013
It is a sin to YAWN
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Lanrefahm(m): 12:47am On Aug 11, 2013
no sin in yawning,its not advicable to have pictures in ur house coz it drove away the angels of mercy,as a muslim woman u are expected to where a veil,180 lashes for some having sex with someone who u r not married to. let me allow other muslim to answer you coz nobody sabi am all only God that knows it all
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by dont8(m): 3:09am On Aug 11, 2013
It's bullshyt!
tobechi20: THE FOLLOWINGis a list of twelve odd facts about Islam — a list I found at IslamRevealed.com:
1. It is a sin to pluck your eyebrows.
2. It is against Islamic doctrine to have pictures in your home.
3. If a Muslim wife refuses to wear a veil, others will see her as her husband's slave rather than his wife.
4. The punishment for having unmarried sex is whipping with a hundred lashes and then being exiled for a year.
5. Getting into Paradise is usually not a sure thing. Your good deeds must outweigh your bad deeds, but who knows for sure if they do? But there are three things youcan do toguaranteeyou'll make it to Paradise: a) killing a non-Muslim in battle, b) if two of your children were killed fighting for Allah, or c) memorizing the ninety-nine names of Allah.
6. Allah not just allows, butencouragesMuslims to deceive non-Muslims if it willfurther the goals of spreadingIslam.
7. Women are not allowed to wear hair extensions or a wig.
8. Wearing the color yellow isforbidden.
9. A Muslim must avoid yawning. Mohammad said,"Yawning is from Satan."
10. Dogs should be killed. All dogs.
11. Mohammad recommended women breastfeed young men. Then the men are considered family and would be allowed to talk to the woman unveiled. However, once she breastfed him, he would not be allowed to marry her.
12. It is a sin to lie on your back and cross your feet.
Learn more about Islam.

Is this true?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Gboliwe: 4:27am On Aug 11, 2013
Why didnt you post this garbbage in their section? Why defile here?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ab025(m): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
People say anythin they like abt islam instead of making proper research first, hmmm...
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by onetrack(m): 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
Some of those are true, some are not. For example, Muhammad said to kill only black dogs. Also kill all lizards.

There is no prohibition on wearing yellow, however men cannot wear gold jewelry.

Men are supposed to squat when they urinate.

You must not drink water while standing.

To conclude: there are a fair amount of crazy rules, but not all the ones you mentioned are true.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
there is nothing about killing all black dog, because of a black dog is pregnant, the messenger [sa] would do what he did with his companions [ra], making a shed so that the delivery is undisturbed.

people can stand drinking water because he [sa] did it at least once to show that it is not permissible. and people can stand to urinate as long as no spill splash does not reach you. so you can do it from higher level to lower level.

by the way an underage is sinless. no sin is recorded for anyone who has not reached puberty. no sin is recorded for someone with mental situation. no sin is recorded for a person who is unconscious based on sleep, coma, etc.

there is freedom in these cases and if you are not one of the above, when you commit sin and seek sincere forgiveness, God wipes it off. so muslim collects mercy throughout the journey of life.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by onetrack(m): 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
RoyPCain: there is nothing about killing all black dog, because of a black dog is pregnant, the messenger [sa] would do what he did with his companions [ra], making a shed so that the delivery is undisturbed.

people can stand drinking water because he [sa] did it at least once to show that it is not permissible. and people can stand to urinate as long as no spill splash does not reach you. so you can do it from higher level to lower level.

by the way an underage is sinless. no sin is recorded for anyone who has not reached puberty. no sin is recorded for someone with mental situation. no sin is recorded for a person who is unconscious based on sleep, coma, etc.

there is freedom in these cases and if you are not one of the above, when you commit sin and seek sincere forgiveness, God wipes it off. so muslim collects mercy throughout the journey of life.

>From the Hadith of Abu Dawud -

#2839 - Abd Allah B. Mughaffal reported the apostle of Allah as saying: Were
dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but
kill every pure black one.

From Sahih Muslim

#5248 - Maimuna reported that one morning Allah's Messenger was silent with
grief. Maimuna said: Allah's Messenger, I find a change in your mood
today. Allah's Messenger said: Gabriel had promised me that he would meet
me tonight, but he did not meet me. By Allah, he never broke his promises,
and Allah's Messenger spent the day in this sad mood. Then it occurred to
him that there had been a puppy under their cot. He commanded and it was
turned out. He then took some water in his hand and sprinkled it at that
place. When it was evening Gabriel met him and he said to him: You
promised me that you would meet me the previous night. He said: Yes, but
we do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture. Then on that
very morning he commanded the killing of the dogs until he announced that
the dog kept for the orchards should also be killed, but h spared the dog
meant for the protection of extensive fields or big gardens.

Abu Sa’id Khudri reported that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) warned against drinking while standing.

SAHIH MUSLIM (Book 23, Hadith 5020)

And, yes, it is not forbidden to urinate while standing but it is disliked.

Obviously, as an atheist, I reject the concept of sin and divine forgiveness but I'm just relating what I've read and been told.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by surhaj(m): 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
FVCK_MACLATUNJI:

If you cant hear the voice, then read it again, MUSLIMS SHOULD RETURN TO THEIR CAVE......or I snap a picture right here, showing my dog urinating on the Quran....you can go to hell if it piissed you off. something like this.
But u surely knew that reward is there for u for what u just did, may Allah the Almighty reward you accordingly
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by showietee: 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
Note that the internet is corrupt and you might not be able to get the actual fact on it... But you can get the fact from direct contact to the good sources.

1. Plucking of eyebrow is recreation which is a sin. As a muslim you must be submissive to your creator, by plucking eyebrow you're not satisfied wit how you're created.
4. Such punishment will help reduce the level of such illicit act and make the society a beta one.
6. Where do you get that from?
7. Wearing such artificial things is also part of recreation, Allah the creator knows whats best for the creation. So be grateful for this world is a school of tests.
11. Where do you get that as well?

Do note dat u're misinformed & dat ll continue buildin up hatred in ur heart, dat won't let u grow.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by showietee: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
whatever you see that you don't understand or like, bring it on is a reasonable manner for us to dialogue about it and know in which way will our community will develop.

All the best!
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by BetaThings: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gboliwe: Why didnt you post this garbbage in their section? Why defile here?

Defile? I had the ill-luck of following a thread in your section today
The language freely employed was a let down
I can see that is what your people are trying to export here
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by nextpart(m): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
I also learn that muslims must not eat or go to mosque with garlic.

Evil spirits don't like dogs and garlic. What does islam have to do with evil spirit?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by basilico: 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Does a dog invalidate salat? Does a woman invalidate prayer too. If there is a sahìh hadeeth saying so then woman is equivalent to a dog.
nextpart: I also learn that muslims must not eat or go to mosque with garlic.

Evil spirits don't like dogs and garlic. What does islam have to do with evil spirit?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by true2god: 8:27am On Aug 17, 2013
Ab025: People say anythin they like abt islam instead of making proper research first, hmmm...
Has islam become science, technology and engineering that must be researched upon, write a thesis on, draw up an hypothesis to test its degree of freedom and all those scientific bla bla bla.

We dont need any research cos we have all see wat Islam is capable of in this contemporary era.

(1) (Reply)

Learn About Your Deen (quran Wa Sunnah) / Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! / Islam And Terrorism: A Christian Responds To Tbaba1234

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.