Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) (76270 Views)

A Nairalander Kills A Cobra While Surveying His Farm (Photos) / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / I Killed This Monitor Lizard In A Fish Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by micjude14: 9:38am On May 04, 2017
we won yesterday and
today we hitting it big again
250 odd available call now
to subscribe.

Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by glossy6(f): 10:18am On May 04, 2017
elmisti:

actually bro..they are very very harmless
No much grammar. Just cuddle them whenever you see them.
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Chongaiman: 10:22am On May 04, 2017
piperson:

please what's the name of that Indian movie

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagin_(1976_film)?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3359942339
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by elmisti(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2017
glossy6:

lol
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2017
glossy6:

It's not about cuddling them. They're wild animals and you still need to respect the distance. But these pythons are harmless to humans. They're not venomous and they're not big enough to pose a threat. Python species in other countries (like the reticulated Python) which can reach 10m in length can pose some threat to a little child, but the ones found in this clime are barely the size of your hand. In my area of Anambra in Idemili, we don't kill pythons (our ancestors apparently worshipped them) and we live in perfect harmony with them. If we see any in farms or the bush or in homes, we simply relocate them.

Nigerians have to learn to have more respect for animals. It's a virtue.
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Biggaboi(m): 12:36pm On May 04, 2017
elmisti:

actually bro..they are very very harmless
yea... they are not poisonous buy but they can swallow am man whole lipsrsealed
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:43pm On May 04, 2017
Biggaboi:
yea... they are not poisonous buy but they can swallow am man whole lipsrsealed

No, they cannot. grin
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by oluxy(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2017
fitinwell:
I only see this on Nairaland. See what we found on my farm land today..Wtf!! :O
Python with Eggs and 7 small pythons ..
It was the farm worker that killed it
I ran 1000 yards away ...

cc lalatisca

mods

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Fabsthebadguy(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2017
This is serious oooooooo
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Phobia1: 1:53pm On May 04, 2017
soberdrunk:
Kai!!! That was genocide, pythons are harmless plus you just wiped out a whole family...... angry
yeah they should have tried to save the Lil ones and get them taken to a nearby zoo(ibadan)
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by glossy6(f): 4:06pm On May 04, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

It's not about cuddling them. They're wild animals and you still need to respect the distance. But these pythons are harmless to humans. They're not venomous and they're not big enough to pose a threat. Python species in other countries (like the reticulated Python) which can reach 10m in length can pose some threat to a little child, but the ones found in this clime are barely the size of your hand. In my area of Anambra in Idemili, we don't kill pythons (our ancestors apparently worshipped them) and we live in perfect harmony with them. If we see any in farms or the bush or in homes, we simply relocate them.

Nigerians have to learn to have more respect for animals. It's a virtue.

That you revere python does not make them harmless. We revere avu ala in my place and it killed a woman who went to free her grand father "avuala " from a wire trap.
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Baroba(m): 6:12pm On May 04, 2017
glossy6:

That you revere python does not make them harmless. We revere avu ala in my place and it killed a woman who went to free her grand father "avuala " from a wire trap.

You can't compare a deadly venomous snake ( avuala) aka Puff Adder to a non venomous python ( Eke)..

And you don't approach one of the fastest striking snakes on earth if you are not trained..May her soul RIP

I keep telling folks no matter how many snakes you kill, you will never wipe them out.. Its important we educate ourselves on these reptiles, whether we like it or not, the will always live in our midst..
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by omaigala12(m): 8:25am On May 05, 2017
dingbang:
i dont eat snake meat
na python no bi snake grin grin
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Hardey10(m): 6:42am On May 06, 2017
gm..am an agricultural engineering student seeking placement for a six months training.. pls help a brother..thanks in anticipation
Re: I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) by Sportwin(m): 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2020
IamaNigerianGuy:
Why not start a python rearing operation since the reptiles apparently thrive well in your area?
It will be a lot more lucrative than your farm. You can export the skins to Europe and America. There is a huge market there

($110 x 8.0) = 880 x 390 = N343,200
You just threw away killed 350k bro.

How do I start this business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION / My Friend Resigned From FRSC For Farming, After 1 Year, I Was Surprised - Man / Huge Crocodile Caught Alive Behind A Nairalander's Poultry Farm In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.