Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ (5599 Views)

Funke Akindele Calls Out Olayode Juliana ( Toyo Baby) For Being An Ingrate? / Why Funke Akindele's Name Was Removed From Casting Of “avengers: Infinity War” / Olayode Juliana 'Toyo Baby' Leaves Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by Vendoor(f): 4:45am On May 03, 2017
For the best of Nigeria Entertainment News Visit: http://gistbell.com

There were rumors that Funke Akindele and Juliana Olayode, who plays Toyo Baby on Jenifa’s Diary, have parted ways.
According to TNS, Funke Akindele cut off Toyo Baby from the widely watched TV series over what the latter termed ‘bad pay’.

A source disclosed that Olayode and Funke parted ways after the former requested from a pay rise from Funke who felt that she’s an ingrate considering the fact that Olayode rose to stardom through her appearance on the widely-watched show.

More sources close to SceneOneProductions, producers of Jenifa’s Diary, further revealed to TNS that the producer of the show, Funke Akinkele via her production manager and younger sister – Abimbola – pays actors between N3,000 and N150,000 (per episode/season of the show) depending on the role.

An actress who spoke to TNS under the condition of anonymity via text message narrated how she was paid what she termed ‘peanuts’ by Akindele’s team after being part of an all-night party scene on Jenifa’s Diary.
According to her,

‘I GOT A TEXT MESSAGE FROM SCENEONE PRODUCTIONS THAT I HAD BEEN SELECTED TO ACT ON JENIFA’S DIARY AND I WILL BE PART OF A PARTY SCENE. I WAS SO EXCITED THAT I TOLD MY ENTIRE FAMILY ABOUT IT. MIND YOU, IT WASN’T MY 1ST TIME ACTING BUT D FEELING OF BEING ON JENIFA’S DIARY WAS A BIG DEAL FOR ME. I WAS ASKED TO COME WITH 5 DIFFERENT PARTY COSTUMES. LOCATION WAS AMEN ESTATE, ELEKO.
AFTER FILMING WITH OVER 30 GIRLS THE WHOLE NIGHT, FUNKE CAME TO ADDRESS US AND ADVICE THAT MONEY SHOULDN’T BE OUR PRIORITIES AT THIS STAGE; THAT WAS WHEN IT OCCURRED TO ME THAT SOMETHING AWKWARD WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN….JUST THEN, THE PRODUCTION MANAGER, MR OSMOND WHISPERED SOMETHING TO FUNKE’S SISTER, ABIMBOLA & SHE STARTED PAYING US EACH 3K. CAN U IMAGINE?, 3K FOR ALL NIGHT SHOOT!…ON JENIFA’S DIARY!… I WAS SO MAD, SOME OF US HAD TO TURN DOWN THE MONEY SHAA….COULDN’T FACE MY MOM TO EXPLAIN TO HER WAT HAPPENED THE NEXT MORNING.’

Findings suggest that actors Lota Chukwu, Omotunde Lolo 1, Falz D Bahd Guy (who has also left the show) and Olayode are the highest paid actors who take home 150k per season.
Stars like Tiwa Savage, Toke Makinwa and others who have had cameo appearances on the show reportedly got between 100k and 300k for ‘showing face’.

Funke and Juliana have since unfollowed each other on their social media accounts.

Source: http://www.gistbell.com/2017/05/see-how-funke-akindele-sacked-juliana.html

Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:03am On May 03, 2017
na their matter... wen he dey sweet they we no know...

1 Like

Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by jericco1(m): 5:32am On May 03, 2017
Acting doesn't pay that much, unless it's a lead role.

2 Likes

Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by Nigerianbyblood: 5:46am On May 03, 2017
Sack went far, and I don't think she should be considered an ingrate, all she did was ask for a raise them for jus say I no go give you raise if she like she stay or leave.

2 Likes

Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by littlewonders: 6:21am On May 03, 2017
Normally, Acting don't pay that much except lead roles. These actors and actress who became successful financially used their fame to expand or create businesses in addition to acting.

Acting to fame is just a platform, if I were Toyo baby I wouldn't ask for much considering who jenifa is when it comes to temper, I'd have used the riaing fame I've gotten already to start a business of my own or seek for partnership for self-dependency.

Personally, I have lots of entertainment ideas only wishing I had fame too like her, 'na once i for blow like like witch' I'm available for partnership

That's why brands still market themselves to stay relevant in market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:24am On May 03, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by hernandson(m): 8:36am On May 03, 2017
money have been causing wahala since the last super of Jesus Christ...u can ask Judas iscariot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by holywahala19(m): 8:48am On May 03, 2017
and then?

Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by boss1310(m): 11:04am On May 03, 2017
acting doesn't pay much in this country, many of them don't receive anything at all.do you see those girls that carry firewood and gossip in movies?that one na free o
our young actresses whether leads or extras don't depend on actor's fee they just wanna be known and from there they will hike their asking price not for acting but

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by Tazdroid(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2017
Make she audition some Nairalanders.

Available
Basket mouthed
Energetic

They are up to the task
Re: See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’ by Truthshotcrazy: 12:12am On Apr 10
cool

(1) (Reply)

If Burna Boy Does Not Stop This, He Might Fade Away Real Soon (must Read) / "She Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" Every Girl Should Learn From This Leaked Chat / Video Of A Lady And Dad Being Too Intimate Has Gone Viral (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.