Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,045 members, 7,859,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

Please Where Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Where Is God? (1144 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Where Is God? by georgecso(m): 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2007
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b] l find it hard to comprehend why a sane human being would delibrately face the EAST ( the point where the sun rise) & wash some parts of his/her body before he/she prays to God. l have this conviction that God is not residing in the eastern part of this world.
But l want to nairalanders to respond to this topic.
WHERE IS GOD?
Stay blessed guys
Re: Please Where Is God? by goodguy(m): 7:54pm On Jan 26, 2007
Why do we always seek to attack Islam?

What is insane about facing the East?  God is everywhere, and where ever anyone faces to pray to him should not even be of concern to any mortal.  If I choose to bury my head in the ground to pray to God, that is between me and God alone, and is nobody's business.

And what's insane about washing parts of the body to pray to God?  What if God requires it of them specially?  Why do we Christians think that whatever we feel is absurd to us, must also be absurd to God?  Why do we think we totally understand God, even more than himself?

Please people, live and let live!
Re: Please Where Is God? by georgecso(m): 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2007
Thats what you think! Beside its your opinion. l respect it, but please thinks again.
Re: Please Where Is God? by goodguy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2007
I have thought over and over, and I still see no reason why you should refer to someone's mode of worship as insane.

Muslims can as well say it is insane for a Christian to go to Mountain/Hill tops to pray, you know? But does that make them right?

So my brother, YOU should think again.
Re: Please Where Is God? by mazaje(m): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2007
goodguy:

I have thought over and over, and I still see no reason why you should refer to someone's mode of worship as insane.

Muslims can as well say it is insane for a Christian to go to Mountain/Hill tops to pray, you know? But does that make them right?

So my brother, YOU should think again.

is God on the mountain top as we see some chirstains going to mountain tops to pary to God r is he by the riverside where as we see some christain going to the river side to worship.

why do most new generation chruches allow their ladies to dress to church as if they are going to a brothel or strip club? serve ur God and allow others to serve theirs, how do u know that christainity is way and islam is not? all i know is that there is truth in every religion and u dont know anything so u have no right to tell which is right or wrong do urs and allow other to do theirs
Re: Please Where Is God? by ceceee(f): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2007
we have no right to judge any religion,we all have our own beliefs,u dont have to go to smiley a mountain or the river b4 u can talk to ur maker,or wash up facing whatever directions.God knows those who serve him diligently and God is in our hearts.JUST WAIT AND LISTEN TO THAT STILL SMALL VOICE INSIDE OF U.
Re: Please Where Is God? by goodguy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2007
mazaje:

is God on the mountain top as we see some chirstains going to mountain tops to pary to God r is he by the riverside where as we see some christain going to the river side to worship.

As I said earlier, where ever anyone chooses to pray to God should not be of concern to anybody.  God is everywhere.  If I feel it necessary to go to the top of a skyscraper to pray to God, I should not be condemned for that.

mazaje:

serve your God and allow others to serve theirs, how do u know that christainity is way and islam is not? all i know is that there is truth in every religion and u don't know anything so u have no right to tell which is right or wrong do urs and allow other to do theirs

Those are my sentiments exactly.  Everyone should serve God which ever way they want to.  The most important thing is that you serve Him and Him alone.  We may find other people's modes of worship preposterous, but God does not.  So what's the fuss all about?
Re: Please Where Is God? by georgecso(m): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2007
Nobody is attacking islam. But if you feel attacked well they created the room for that. There is no compulsion in faith but there should be FREEDOM to voice out what you think and feel.
Brother, Islam should not feel attacked because Christainity too has been under consistent attack for long by the so called architechs of the world.
Thanks
Re: Please Where Is God? by segoye22(m): 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2007
@ Topic,

georgecso Wrote
[b][/b] l find it hard to comprehend why a sane human being would delibrately face the EAST ( the point where the sun rise) & wash some parts of his/her body before he/she prays to God. l have this conviction that God is not residing in the eastern part of this world.
But l want to Nairaland users to respond to this topic.
WHERE IS GOD?
Stay blessed guys

I somehow met myself reading this post but I tell you, this is not a good thread at all. This would only cause fight between the Muslim / the Christian religion.

God is not a man that one should fight for. He can fight for himself, so if any religion is mocking or bring disgrace to his name, he know how to handle such, Meanwhile Islam is the same as christianity, and because we believe in one cause, I will advice that we should not try raise up any dust on this thread.

God his not man, and that makes his ways misterious.
Re: Please Where Is God? by georgecso(m): 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2007
Nobody is raising any dust. We should open our minds, be free with each other. In as much as we respect each others religion, we should be free to talk about the "dark areas" of any religion even if their is any. We should also learn to tolerate each other when someone voice his/her opinion.
Re: Please Where Is God? by goodguy(m): 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2007
segoye22, thanks for that post.

georgecso:

Nobody is attacking islam. But if you feel attacked well they created the room for that. There is no compulsion in faith but there should be FREEDOM to voice out what you think and feel.
Brother, Islam should not feel attacked because Christainity too has been under consistent attack for long by the so called architechs of the world.
Thanks

And while you're enjoying the FREEDOM to voice out what you feel and think, you should not use that as an avenue to disparage other people's religion. By implying that the way someone prays to God is "insane", it is very conspicuous that you're attacking them.

georgecso:

we should be free to talk about the "dark areas" of any religion even if their is any.

From the underlined part of your statement, it's obvious even you are not sure if there are "dark areas". Why then are you raising dust over nothing?
Re: Please Where Is God? by jagunlabi(m): 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2007
Jagunlabi comes,reads the opening thread,shakes his head,and says,"Here we go again!".
Is this what religion is about?No wonder religion has such a bad reputation among sane folks. cool
Re: Please Where Is God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2009
[size=13pt] angry  angry The God must be Crazy,imagine hes no where to be found! kiss[/size]
Re: Please Where Is God? by Maykelly(f): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2009
[size=14pt] God is ever near near to those who call Him in Spirit and in Truth smiley Humble yourself, and come before Him in your closet - He will be there for you. smiley[/size]
Re: Please Where Is God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2009
[size=13pt]I Dont Blame you Maykelly. . . . embarassed[/size]
Re: Please Where Is God? by DeepSight(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
goodguy:

Why do we always seek to attack Islam?

What is insane about facing the East? God is everywhere, and where ever anyone faces to pray to him should not even be of concern to any mortal. If I choose to bury my head in the ground to pray to God, that is between me and God alone, and is nobody's business.

And what's insane about washing parts of the body to pray to God? What if God requires it of them specially? Why do we Christians think that whatever we feel is absurd to us, must also be absurd to God? Why do we think we totally understand God, even more than himself?

Please people, live and let live!

This is the most sane post i have seen on nairaland till date
Re: Please Where Is God? by banom(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
God is in your Imagination.
Re: Please Where Is God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2009
[size=13pt]Simple proof of God.  Since God exists, therefore God exists. All other proofs are this one, with added complexity.Well if you still Continue to argue the hiding Guy Exist then it means your God is immaterial, invisible, transcendental--almost the same definition as[b] 'nothing'[/b] shocked  shocked[/size]
Re: Please Where Is God? by CrazyMan(m): 12:38am On Sep 18, 2009
God is Ominipresence. He is everywhere; so don't rebuke people that prefer to go to mountain tops to pray. Jesus himself loved praying on mountains. In Luke: 22 verse 39 says. 39 Jesus went out as usual to the mount olives, and his disciples followed him. Go verse 41 He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed.

That Jesus went to mount olives to pray doesn't mean that God isn't present in other places except that mountain. Sometimes people value their privacy whenever they want to pray; and the only way for them to achieve that result is to go to these kind of places so please stop critizing them.
Re: Please Where Is God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:07am On Sep 18, 2009
[size=13pt]
With fear, human beliefs and thoughts can be controlled. Humanity was led to believe this omnipresent and “all-powerful” “God” could know their every little thought and action. Through fear, people began to monitor their own thoughts and actions.The bible is a very powerful subliminal tool to control the masses. One can see this is a man-made work as there are endless contradictions sad . The bible has been systematically drummed into the minds of the populace from a very early age. A lie must always be enforced as opposed to the truth which can stand on its own. Because spiritual knowledge and occult power have been removed and kept in the hands of a "chosen" few, the unknowing populace has been helpless against it. The agenda here is to create a one-world slave state with the "chosen" few ruling at the top. The perpetrators of course blame Satan to create a necessary distraction, while they use occult power to accomplish their ends. They have a history of stealing from and blaming their enemies for everything they really are and do, while always holding themselves in the highest esteem and innocence.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

When And Where Was The Bible Written?; And By Whom? / What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? / Praise: The Sickle For Harvest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.