Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Don't Look Back - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Look Back (443 Views)

Don't Look Back. / Don't Look Back / Don’t Look Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Look Back by Nobody: 5:57am On May 03, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

WEDNESDAY, MAY 3, 2017

*DON’T LOOK BACK*

READ GENESIS 19:21-26

*MEMORISE:* But his wife looked back behind him, and she became a pillar of salt. (Genesis 19:26)

Christian life and spiritual growth can be figuratively described as a journey. It has a starting point, i.e. when we respond to God’s call, and it has a goal, which is Christlikeness or spiritual maturity. Along the way on this journey, we can experience delays, detours, discouragement, dangers, etc.

Many times, Christians find themselves in situation like the one that Lot’s wife found herself, when she eventually chose to look back where she shouldn’t. She had a relationship with God. She experienced His protection and blessing, along with her family, but she did not go all the way, she did not keep going. She was looking at her past ‘beautiful’ experiences in Sodom and Gomorrah, wealth, friends, and business associates. However, God commanded her to leave those ‘sweet’ things that were not acceptable in God’s sight (cf. Lk 14:26), but she looked back. She did not know that what lies ahead was by far greater, better, and more glorious than whatever was in the destined-for-destruction cities.

Christians are in many ways doing the same thing. In our relationship with God, we might experience challenging situations. God’s expectation is that we would not look back like Lot’s wife did. We must get moving with our spiritual journey, so that we would not waste with the perishing world and its lord—Satan (Lk 9:62). You can never imagine what the good God has prepared for you in advance (1 Pet 1:4).

*PRAYER POINTS:*

*1*. Do not let my commitment to you be marred by the circumstances and pressures of life, oh Lord.
*2*. Strengthen my faith, oh Lord, so that I won’t look back to deny You, at any point in time.

*3*. Lord, intervene in Christian marriages that are at the verge of separation.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY*: 2 Corinthians 2 - 3
Re: Don't Look Back by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 03, 2017
A-men....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Discover Your Spiritual Gift? / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(fri. 19/05/2017) / Murdering The Quran With The Fire Of Truth: Muslim Prayers - Ali Sina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.