Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter (1414 Views)

Any Lady I Have Sex With Gets Pimples On Her Face: What Could Be Wrong With Me? / My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? / My Daughter With Cerebral Palsy Was Battered By The Therapist I Trusted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 8:20am On May 03, 2017
My 5 year old daughter keeps throwing up after eating...we've been to the hospital nd was told she has a digestive issue nd we've been on medication but still I see no improvement...She doesn't like food nd prefers junk. when I manage to get her to eat something good,she pours everything out....im really getting tired....Any doc here?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by delishpot: 8:28am On May 03, 2017
Have you sought a second opinion? Does she throw up the junk? Does she eat only one type of junk or anything she can lay her hands on? If she doesn't throw up every junk you give her, then the problem is not her stomach but rather she doesn't like what you offer her.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by ammyluv2002(f): 8:30am On May 03, 2017
delishpot:
Have you sought a second opinion?
Yeah! Pls take her elsewhere
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by potent5(m): 8:33am On May 03, 2017
So many things could be responsible ranging from worm infestation, ulcers to allergic reactions. You need to visit another hospital or clinic ASAP to avoid any problems.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 9:25am On May 03, 2017
delishpot:
Have you sought a second opinion? Does she throw up the junk? Does she eat only one type of junk or anything she can lay her hands on? If she doesn't throw up every junk you give her, then the problem is not her stomach but rather she doesn't like what you offer her.

She eats almost every junk food I know...but refuses stuffs like rice,spagetti,nd other good meals
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 9:25am On May 03, 2017
potent5:
So many things could be responsible ranging from worm infestation, ulcers to allergic reactions. You need to visit another hospital or clinic ASAP to avoid any problems.

I have an appointment with another doctor on saturday
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 9:28am On May 03, 2017
potent5:

Her school takes care of the worm aspects,she's negative to ulcer...but I don't know if she's allergic to something
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by delishpot: 9:29am On May 03, 2017
tollahni:

She eats almost every junk food I know...but refuses stuffs like rice,spagetti,nd other good meals

Lol, she knows hat her stomach wants grin grin
Okay, maybe you should stop giving her those grains and processed foods. . Please seek second opinion. She may be reacting to some chemical found in grains so try to see if she likes eba, soups including the oyinbo soups, beans, yam, potato etc.
Sometimes not adding pepper or using a particular spice to cook may not sit well with the child. I know a boy who throws up if the mom doesn't add enough pepper to his food
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 10:20am On May 03, 2017
delishpot:

Lol, she knows hat her stomach wants grin grin
Okay, maybe you should stop giving her those grains and processed foods. . Please seek second opinion. She may be reacting to some chemical found in grains so try to see if she likes eba, soups including the oyinbo soups, beans, yam, potato etc.
Sometimes not adding pepper or using a particular spice to cook may not sit well with the child. I know a boy who throws up if the mom doesn't add enough pepper to his food

Thank u so much dear,Seriously that eba part is really funny....i don't even prepare eba because no one would eat it,we've been in nigeria for a few weeks now nd my mother in law has tried to force her to eat swallow but it's impossible....seriously I'm tired...maybe she should just continue with cereal nd junks jare
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by johnsmitthen: 7:47am On May 05, 2017
Make that food at home,You can make pizza,burger etc.Add vegetables and other things that are nutritious.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by doctokwus: 1:12pm On May 05, 2017
tollahni:

U are d one that is obviously trying to create a problem or even disease for your child when she doesn't av one.
If ur history above is true and u ain't hiding anything,then she does not av a digestive disorder as u sed was diagnosed.Its more of a eating disorder,or more appropriately, an intolerance to "proper food" which is not strictly medical,but more medico-social.
The nearest disorder to it in d medical field is of people with known intolerance to lactose in milk and some foods.And d recommended management is simple:avoid taking it any longer!
First be happy ur child even has ravenous appetite,though for junk.
Secondly look for a way u can to gradually reverse her preference for junks.I don't know if any such medico-social expert exists,@least in Nigeria,though still make enquiries in hospitals if u can.
Again,dont fall into d Nigerian habit of giving or diagnosing for themselves diseases they don't av,and av a doctor tag along,just to make d person feel good,and make so money in d process though,particularly in a private hospital setting.
If not yet convinced,just run a battery of tests,if u av d resources.I will b shocked if d tests or investigations come up with something.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 12, 2017
doctokwus:

U are d one that is obviously trying to create a problem or even disease for your child when she doesn't av one.
If ur history above is true and u ain't hiding anything,then she does not av a digestive disorder as u sed was diagnosed.Its more of a eating disorder,or more appropriately, an intolerance to "proper food" which is not strictly medical,but more medico-social.
The nearest disorder to it in d medical field is of people with known intolerance to lactose in milk and some foods.And d recommended management is simple:avoid taking it any longer!
First be happy ur child even has ravenous appetite,though for junk.
Secondly look for a way u can to gradually reverse her preference for junks.I don't know if any such medico-social expert exists,@least in Nigeria,though still make enquiries in hospitals if u can.
Again,dont fall into d Nigerian habit of giving or diagnosing for themselves diseases they don't av,and av a doctor tag along,just to make d person feel good,and make so money in d process though,particularly in a private hospital setting.
If not yet convinced,just run a battery of tests,if u av d resources.I will b shocked if d tests or investigations come up with something.

Hello,thanks for ur advice. Well the test first test we ran showed that she really had a digestive issue nd it was done in a standard hospital...though not in nigeria,But we'll be going for another test soon nd probably the result would be different...thank u once again
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 12, 2017
tollahni:

Hello,thanks for ur advice. Well the test first test we ran showed that she really had a digestive issue nd it was done in a standard hospital...though not in nigeria,But we'll be going for another test soon nd probably the result would be different...thank u once again

It seems your daughter has gastrointestinal disorder. She can't digest some type of food hence she throws up each time she tries to eat them. This is a serious problem and together with what your doctor prescribes which is to avoid foods she can't digest, you will need to PRAY. This issue has its genesis in the spiritual realm.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

It seems your daughter has gastrointestinal disorder. She can't digest some type of food hence she throws up each time she tries to eat them. This is a serious problem and together with what your doctor prescribes which is to avoid foods she can't digest, you will need to PRAY. This issue has its genesis in the spiritual realm.

Thanks dear...but I don't really know how to pray nd there's a lot going on right now...I don't even know where to start
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 12, 2017
tollahni:

Thanks dear...but I don't really know how to pray nd there's a lot going on right now...I don't even know where to start

I'm sorry to hear this. That disease is terrible, I understand it. First start by writing down everything she can't take in, avoid them for now and keep giving her things she can tolerate, also give her multivitamins to help maintain her weight and supply the nutrients that she might be missing by not consuming proper diet

If you don't mind post your email and I will get back to you on the spiritual aspect of it, that's where it is coming from.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Collyno82(m): 3:38pm On May 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

I'm sorry to hear this. That disease is terrible, I understand it. First start by writing down everything she can't take in, avoid them for now and keep giving her things she can tolerate, also give her multivitamins to help maintain her weight and supply the nutrients that she might be missing by not consuming proper diet

If you don't mind post your email and I will get back to you on the spiritual aspect of it, that's where it is coming from.
nice one here. #kipitup
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Collyno82(m): 3:39pm On May 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

really don't no ur a child of God
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 12, 2017
Collyno82:
nice one here. #kipitup

Thanks, I'm well known in the religion section but I just can't stand the atheists there so I prefer the travel section for now
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Collyno82(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

Thanks, I'm well known in the religion section but I just can't stand the atheists there so I prefer the travel section for now
OK dear but u should ask God for more knowledge in order to stand them n put them aright
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 12, 2017
Collyno82:
OK dear but u should ask God for more knowledge in order to stand them n put them aright

They like debating and I'm not up for doing that with God's word, it wastes time which is exactly what they want to achieve. They don't believe in God but spend 24/7 in religion section arguing with those who believe in Him, smh. I saw your pm, will reply soon, cheers
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Collyno82(m): 10:43am On May 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

They like debating and I'm not up for doing that with God's word, it wastes time which is exactly what they want to achieve. They don't believe in God but spend 24/7 in religion section arguing with those who believe in Him, smh. I saw your pm, will reply soon, cheers
OK dear I understand. what u will do is to drop the truth with them n allow the truth to set them free
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Daughter by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 14, 2017
tollahni:

For a start, would it be OK if you let us know what condition the earlier tests diagnosed?
Let me highlight a poser or two also:
> Fussiness in kids could actually be inherited from the parents.
> Fussiness could also be an environmental adjustment of the child based on the kinda lifestyle you lived while you were pregnant and breastfeeding as the child indirectly partakes in such diets and gets used to them.
If your child is the shy and withdrawn type, you would do well not to scold or pressure the child as this could lead to future maladjustmens including food faddism.
Gentle reassurance with a reward system could be an incentive for the child if s/he can keep the food in.
I also agree with you going for a second opinion though I think its more of paediatric psychology than it is purely medical or spiritual.
No offense intended to the spiritual folk who wants to help.

(1) (Reply)

Please And Please I Need Your Help, Internal Hotness Want To Make Me Mad / Common Man Suffers Implications Of Bad Treatment Against Doctors - Dr Kelechi / Check Out How Good Peak 123 Is For Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.