Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,722 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration (24108 Views)

Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting / The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by seunmsg(m): 10:57am On May 03, 2017
unclezuma:
Wike while he's in Rivers State respect your self and bridle your behaviour...the gods are in their arsonist mood this period.

Make the gods no go vex burn government house. grin grin grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by Marvel1206: 10:58am On May 03, 2017
alozie27:
That steward hair cut na die,half gorimapa half afro. this na style of the gods
I also spotted it
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by menstrualpad: 10:59am On May 03, 2017
damilolammm:
Softwork kiss
MEANWHILE

COSSY DANCES, AS SHE EXPOSES HER WATERMELONS

I like the way your mom danced up there.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by Nobody: 10:59am On May 03, 2017
The gods have decided to use Baale Of Lagos To Earn This Guy Some Respect In The Eyes Of The World...
I See Ppu Kneeling To Properly Greet The Guy Henceforth..
Who The gods wan make mad,Na cloth e go start dey comot for body.
Ooni Adimula.
Iku Baba Yeye.
Kabiesi Oooo.
Igbakeji Awon Oosa.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by erosimo(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2017
alozie27:

It's a symbol to show that he's one of the palace slaves, though they are accorded with respect but just to emphasize on the culture and tradition.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by braine(m): 11:04am On May 03, 2017
HungerBAD:
I like the Ooni.

He is going round the Country on a familiarization and thank you tour.

Yesterday,some dimwit wrote somewhere that the Ooni should no longer go anywhere. To that writer and his likes,look very carefully and you will see that the monarch is building bridges on behalf of the Yoruba race.

And that is exactly what our politicians have failed to,which is to stretch a hand of friendship across all tribes.

One day these handshakes will become very helpful.

Thank you for this!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by alozie27(m): 11:08am On May 03, 2017
erosimo:

It's a symbol to show that he's one of the palace slaves, though they are accorded with respect but just to emphasize on the culture and tradition.

how much is he paid.or is he learning the trade.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by Nobody: 11:10am On May 03, 2017
smiley smiley
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by holluphemydavid(m): 11:12am On May 03, 2017
fuckerstard:
Humble King
#Respect

For those people complaining on his multiple trips, It's not a bad thing to do as a King. If she sits quietly in palace na una go still talk say he no do anything.

Na just yesterday one person house burn, becareful and respect a King.
tell him ooooo
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by holluphemydavid(m): 11:13am On May 03, 2017
dis ooni dey try sha
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by timbs001(m): 11:17am On May 03, 2017
36STATES:

What a silly and childish reasoning. This guy still has land fraud cases against him in Lagos. You guys always promote anything
Yoruba to sainthood and very soon you will say he's King of Nigeria.

And so? He's innocent until proven guilty.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by NemzySeries(m): 11:19am On May 03, 2017
eya, dis is wat d oba of benin is missing big time, jst sitdwn @ home & watch hiz Gotv all day
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by osuofia2(m): 11:20am On May 03, 2017
alozie27:
I thought I am the only one seeing the hair style
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by erosimo(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2017
alozie27:

Immediately after the the slave trade was abolished, the palace authority absorbed them as part of the family in which any sitting ooni takes care of their bill and that of their offsprings but for culture and tradition to stand, what you saw symbolizes that.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by yabibido: 11:22am On May 03, 2017
The rapid rate of internet users in the country means a lot of people who would be attracted to take part or contribute to NGO work can be found online more than any other place. We have decided through its community outreach programme to design and develop websites absolutely FREE every month for local NGO’S who wish to take their outreach to an even wider audience. Here’s what WE will do for you at no cost whatsoever
• 3 years US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
• Beautiful Crafted NGO-focused Website with Solid SEO
• Logo Design for your NGO
• Blog on your Website
• Blog Management Training

Send me a private message if youre interested in getting a free website for your NGO
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by JETROYA(m): 11:23am On May 03, 2017
Ooni Risa - Olori gbogbo alade
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by saintruky(m): 11:56am On May 03, 2017
I'm so thrilled by d haircut of d oni''s aide abi baboku.. make sense lol
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2017
36STATES:

What a silly and childish reasoning. This guy still has land fraud cases against him in Lagos. You guys always promote anything

That someone has a case in court does not make him a criminal or guilty until the conclusion of the said case.

He was not invited to Rivers state by the Yoruba but by the state's indigenes who know far better than you and aren't irrational as you.

Only a person with a faulty cognitive faculty reasons the way you do.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by bencarson007(m): 3:24pm On May 03, 2017
opethom:
CONGRATULATIONS TO LAGOSIANS, THE GODS HAVE FINALLY SPOKEN.
Oba Of Lagos Must Provide The Following Items-:

To avert greater calamity that would further befall you:
The following items are to be provided by you to appease the gods and the initiates.
107 big cows,
83 tortoises,
41 kegs of palm oil,
201 alligator peppers,
69 white pigeons,
1 black sheep,
1 black he-goat,
57 kegs of palmwine,
1 live python,
1 live black boa,
401 alligators,
and 1 apology to the Oonirisa.

In the alternative
Because your offence was committed in 2017:
Just one 2017 Buggatti or Ferrari and. 1 apology.
The gods are wise o!!!!
Lolssss
. Indeed o my brother.... You are woggedly karid... The gods are indeed wiser than men... Oba Lagoon in addition to all these need a manual reset slap from the gods for belittling the one and only Oonirisa... Ifa has spoken

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by judedave181: 5:59pm On May 03, 2017
36STATES:

I wish to know if the land you are talking about is your family land, or what senseless post is this. You type and paste like a sycophant. If you have any quarrel with the king, it's is better you and your cohort change your mind because if you continue like this you can never meet one third of his achievement. Quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by judedave181: 6:04pm On May 03, 2017
alozie27:

I am 100% sure that his salary per month can feed your entire family, note your parents are among your family.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by alozie27(m): 6:15pm On May 03, 2017
judedave181:
I am 100% sure that his salary per month can feed your entire family, note your parents are among your family.

I only asked a question . Anyway thank you sir....remember the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by slurryeye2: 7:50pm On May 03, 2017
36STATES:

If I were you, I will be careful with my utterances on the internet. You may think your identity is hidden or nothing dey happen. Remember, even Jesus said give to Caesar what belongs to him. Oba Akiolu insulted him last week, his palace got burnt a week after. Whether you believe it is coincidental or not, it calls for some carefulness.
A word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by suremanpatriot: 9:59pm On May 03, 2017
This ooni travels too much,is he trying to be ubiquitous?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by iamrealdeji(m): 5:04am On May 04, 2017
handsome and elegant young king
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
Thugery is what caracterizes your ooni.
And I can see that you are proud of that.
Don't worry.
your ooni will soon meet his waterloo.
Oba Akiolu has more class and royal blood in his finger than your ooni will ever have in his lifetime.

slurryeye2:

If I were you, I will be careful with my utterances on the internet. You may think your identity is hidden or nothing dey happen. Remember, even Jesus said give to Caesar what belongs to him. Oba Akiolu insulted him last week, his palace got burnt a week after. Whether you believe it is coincidental or not, it calls for some carefulness.
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Ooni Of Ife Storms Rivers 4 Traditional Rulers Day Of Golden Jubilee Celebration by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
I didn't know that kings got elected into their thrones.
This guy is a chairman, not a king.
And he is urgly as a fat pig.

iamrealdeji:
handsome and elegant young king

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abiriba And Ohafia: Two Of A Kind / Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. / Suggest Igbo Names Starting With "P"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.