Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani (519 Views)

When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security / Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady / 70 Teenagers Arrested In Yenagoa During Raid. See What Police Will Do To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani by slivertongue: 12:30pm On May 03, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari must immediately focus on sanitizing the Nigeria Police if the fight against corruption would yield any success. The second vice president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Monday Ubani, says he is yet to recover from the shock he recorded from police impunity when he travelled to the eastern part of Nigeria recently. NAIJ.com reports that the police is still battling to redeem a battered image to no avail. The general impression among the Nigerians is that the police is a corrupt institution.
“I must start by commending the present government for initiating the anti-graft fight in the real sense of that word, and that despite the noticeable and glaring deficiencies in the war; our collective resolve is that it must go on till the end.
“However, I am not in the least impressed with the fight that has overlooked the continuous bribery and corruption committed daily by the Nigeria Police and Immigration on our roads and airports. “I just came from the Eastern states of the federation and I must confess that I am totally flabbergasted and alarmed at the brazen impunity displayed by the Nigerian police officers in criminal extortion of motorists and okada riders on our roads with no word or control by the police authorities,” he lamented. Ubani, who also told NAIJ.com that in fighting corruption in the force, the entire institution and its operations must be looked into, wondered: “How can we beat our chest and congratulate ourselves that we are winning the war against corruption when the Nigerian Police officers who are ambassadors of the nation engage in the most despicable conduct of extortion on our roads and at their various stations all over the country?” He also called on the president to sanitize the Nigerian Immigration, especially its officials at the airports and offices as well as the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC).

“Something has to be done, Mr President. If the president and the Inspector-General of Police are not aware, I am blowing the whistle now. “This has to stop. It is a national disgrace and embarrassment of the highest proportion," he said
NAIJ.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani by lezz(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2017
I have always said the difference between Nigeria police and armed robbers is one dons a uniform and has the mandate of the government to rob and extort in full glare of the public.

The Nigeria police is the seat of corruption in Nigeria.

Dirty souls soaked in the blood of the innocent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 03, 2017
lezz:
I have always said the difference between Nigeria police and armed robbers is one dons a uniform and has the mandate of the government to rob and extort in full glare of the public.

The Nigeria police is the seat of corruption in Nigeria.

Dirty souls soaked in the blood of the innocent.
Reminds me of 'The beatification of Area boys'.
Nigeria policemen are just Armed robbers decorated in uniforms.
Re: Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani by lezz(m): 1:59pm On May 03, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Reminds me of 'The beatification of Area boys'.
Nigeria policemen are just Armed robbers decorated in uniforms.
It is sickening, I tell you. From outright corruption to downright ignorance of the law they are supposed to protect and enforce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 03, 2017
lezz:
It is sickening, I tell you. From outright corruption to downright ignorance of the law they are supposed to protect and enforce.

It's not just the police force tho.
But it's worse because they are actually supposed to be the guardian of the law and yet they violate and kick at it at will.
I do not think Nigeria is anywhere near a brighter future just yet.

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani by lezz(m): 3:28pm On May 03, 2017
Lawlahdey:
It's not just the police force tho.
But it's worse because they are actually supposed to be the guardian of the law and yet they violate and kick at it at will.
I do not think Nigeria is anywhere near a brighter future just yet.
True, the police isn't the only one guilty but using the mandate and trust of the people to criminally rob and extort them is a tragic irony.

(1) (Reply)

How To Trace A Missing Or Stolen Phone / Court Convicts Man For $7,016.00 Internet Fraud . / Revealed: How Evans Was Arrested Through Statements By His Sister And Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.