Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Where Are The Mods? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where Are The Mods? (3803 Views)

How Can I Get In Touch With Seun And Other Nairaland Mods? / Nairaland Webmaster Section Has Become A Mess Due To Bad Mods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Mods? by SetrakusRa(m): 6:13pm On May 03, 2017
This section has been a shadow of itself. I joined NL cause of it (6yrs back with another moniker). Now all we get here is Ponzi script sales, Programming whatsapp groups (this is absolutely wrong! Seun. Losing members to petty groups) and some lame questions not relating Programming at all!

Where are the moderators to stop this? If they ain't active, why not appoint better, competent ones?

I use to follow up this and Webmasters section very well. Now, they're something else.. I think something must be done.

Seun
Javanian
lordZOUGA
kodewrita

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Mods? by SetrakusRa(m): 6:21pm On May 03, 2017
talk2hb1 larisoft Craigston dhtml18 BlueMagnificent CodeHouse asalimpo pcguru1 DanielTheGeek WhizzTM stack1 ChinenyeN ...

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Mods? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 03, 2017
I will keep repeating it the mods are useless

5 Likes

Re: Where Are The Mods? by 4dor: 7:40pm On May 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Are The Mods? by talk2hb1(m): 8:25pm On May 03, 2017
This section is dead to @seun
No money to be made, no advertisement, so seun abandoned it.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Mods? by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 03, 2017
Here is the current status of this board:

- Mods - DEAD
- WAKPA - DEAD
- DHTML - SLEEPING
- SEUN - SLEEPING

PONZI - ALIVE AND BOOMING

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Mods? by Seun(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2017
Apologies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Mods? by ipreach: 9:07pm On May 03, 2017
Seun will close this thread now like....
Re: Where Are The Mods? by BlueMagnificent(m): 9:29pm On May 03, 2017
Mehn!! Just wondering what happened. How did we get to this state?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Mods? by losprince(m): 9:51pm On May 03, 2017
Seun became money oriented
Re: Where Are The Mods? by Seun(m): 9:53pm On May 03, 2017
We are so busy these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Mods? by daamazing(m): 10:09pm On May 03, 2017
Seun:
we agree. Buh please the increasing number of spammers and scammers are now is now overwhelming. You'll find people pasting different topics and threads that contradicts NL rules. I've tried on many occasions to mail supermods and you guys respond positively sometimes by taking down the thread. Something should be done about this spam and scam issue. You can also place disclaimers especially in the market section on transactions. I'll still try and be reporting offensive threads BTW.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Mods? by Mcowubaba: 10:36pm On May 03, 2017
Seun:
Seun, I hope you guys are coming up with updates and more features.
Bro, many people have been giving suggestions and also complaining about various issues on Nairaland, but you have been slow to act or totally unresponsive

I first registered on Nairaland in 2006, but I had issues with the first account, this is my second account.
I know there have been lots of changes, but more is yet to be done..
For example, this minor change/updates should be made:
1) we need more Smileys, the ones available are not enough, we need much more to make conversation more fun.

2) People have complained about the outlook of this Forum as being too dull, but I know you also explained why it is so, you gave reasons like : consumes lower data, takes less time in loading, etc. Which is okay.
But I believe many people have sufficient data to open one of their Favorite website (Nairaland.com)

3) Many people are not happy over the Muslims/Christian issue. You locked Muslim section, people must swear before the can comment, but any riff raff can come to Christian section and insult their religious beliefs, this is not fair.

I hope you know the Population of Christians on this Forum is almost double the population of any other religious belief or group (Muslims, African tradition, Atheist etc)

So I keep wondering what exactly you're doing undecided, who are your target population.
In fact, Christians should be given preference in this regard. If you understand BUSINESS.

You have come up with Numerous explanations to justify your decision, but it still does not justify locking up Muslim section and opening Christian threads for everyone to insult. NOT GOOD AT ALL.

AND Probably a Muslim is the moderator of the whole Religion section.

One thing about you which I DON'T admire is your strong will and stance on very serious issues, you always refuse to make any amends.
People will say after all, it is your own Forum.
But I will ask you a question, do you want people to view Nairaland as Seun's property or a Global international online community undecided

Take a look at Facebook, snapchat, reddit, Craigslist etc, the owners of this site don't force their personal idealogies on the features of their websites.

You must learn to adjust and respond to an ever changing environment.
I know you are aware that many people have started their own forum from the ideas raised on this site, some even have a clone of this Forum, just with very little difference and Guess what, some have started getting serious Views and comments.

Don't feel you're unbeatable or invincible. Nokia collapsed at a time, Coca-Cola despite its popularity and market value always spend Millions of dollars in advertisements, promotions and rolling out new features regularly.
Seun don't be dormant or too rigid.

I'm not an IT guru or a Computer professional, but I know that this Nairaland needs a lot of new features and improvements.
Your adverts placement have even dropped drastically , I see empty slots more often than before.
Why not, when
Threads are carelessly derailed, mods are probably trying their best, but the are either very small or don't have the required capacity to handle the issues in Nairaland.
People can moderate on a part time basis, you don't need to pay much, some can volunteer to do it FREE.

Almost all threads go tribal. AFONJA vs IPOB, we are getting tired of this.
I know many people who don't read Nairaland again because of the Tribal Bigotry on Nairaland, the large number of trolls.

4. Nairaland should have a feature that enables a member to block another member just like every other social media, some people keep trolling other people, even when the get a ban, the will open another moniker and continue their stupidity.

5) People should be able to delete their previous comments.

All this suggestions are out of the love we have for Nairaland, not that we are against you.
We want Nairaland to be much more better

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Are The Mods? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:54pm On May 03, 2017
This Section Get Mod??
Abeg Make Dem Appoint New Ones
Re: Where Are The Mods? by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Seun, I hope you guys are coming up with updates and more features.
Bro, many people have been giving suggestions and also complaining about various issues on Nairaland, but you have been slow to act or totally unresponsive

My first registered on Nairaland in 2006, but I had issues with the first account, this is my second account.
I know there have been lots of changes, but more is yet to be done..
For example, this minor change/update
1) we need more Smileys, the ones available are not enough, we need much more to make conversation more fun.

2) People have complained about the outlook of this Forum s being too dull, but I know you also explained why it is so, you gave reasons like : consumes lower data, takes less time in loading, etc. Which is okay.
But I believe many people have sufficient data to open one of their Favorite website (Nairaland.com)

3) Many people are not happy of the Muslims/Christian issue. You locked Muslim section, people must swear before the cn comment, but any riff raff can come to Christian section and insult their religious beliefs, this is not fair.

I hope you know the Population of Christians on this Forum is almost double the population of any other religious belief or group (Muslims, African tradition, Atheist etc)

So I keep wondering what exactly you're doing undecided, who are your target population.
In fact, Christians should be given preference in this regard.
You have come up with Numerous explanations to justify your decision, but it still does not justify locking up Muslim section and opening Christian threads for everyone to insult.
Probably a Muslim is the moderator of the whole Religion section.

One thing about you which I don't admire is your strong will and stance on very serious issues, you always refuse to make any amends.
People will say after all it is your own Forum.
But I will ask you a question, do you want people to view Nairaland as Seun's property or a Global international online community undecided

Take a look at Facebook, snapchat, reddit, Craigslist etc, the owners of this site don't force their idealogies on the features of their websites.

You must learn to adjust and respond to an ever changing environment.
I know you are many people have started their own forum from the ideas raised on this site, some even have a clone of this Forum, just with very little difference and Guess what, some have started getting serious Views and comments.

Don't feel you're unbeatable or invincible. Nokia collapsed at a time, Coca-Cola despite its popularity and market value always spend Millions of dollars in advertisements, promotions and rolling out new features regularly.
Seun don't be dormant or too rigid.

I'm not an IT guru or Computer professional, but I know that this Nairaland needs a lot of new features and improvements.
Your adverts have even dropped, I see empty slots more often than before.
Threads are carelessly derailed, mods are probably trying their best, but the are either very small or don't have the required capacity to handle the issues in Nairaland.
People can moderate on a part time basis, you don't need to pay much, some can volunteer FREE.

Almost all threads go tribal. AFONJA vs IPOB, we are getting tired of this.
I know many people who don't read Nairaland again because of the Tribal Bigotry on Nairaland, the large number of trolls.

4. Nairaland should have a feature that enables a member to block another member just like every other social media, some people keep trolling other people, even the get a ban, the will open and moniker and continue their stupidity.

5) People should be able to delete their previous comments.

All this suggestions are out of the love we have for Nairaland, not that we are against you.
We want Nairaland to be much more better

Pls our concerns actually differ for the interest of this section, we are mostly interested in Programming issues, but i understand your plight

4 Likes

Re: Where Are The Mods? by Mcowubaba: 11:17pm On May 03, 2017
pcguru1:

Pls our concerns actually differ for the interest of this section, we are mostly interested in Programming issues, but i understand your plight

Most of my suggestions has to do with Programming, Website design and improvement .
Read well and slowly.

The Ponzi script sales, Programming whatsapp groups you mentioned, is not Exclusive to this Section..
People also create whatsapp groups in almost all sections on Nairaland, NYSC, romance, Cars etc.
Re: Where Are The Mods? by SetrakusRa(m): 8:59am On May 04, 2017
Seun:

Sir, the state of this board is bad, very bad. I've tried mailing the mods but no response.

There should be no whatsapp groups, ponzi script sales (maybe another board for them?) or threads not relating to Programming. And, kindly remove those mods who ain't active and appoint better ones. They're killing this board!

Please, resolve this quickly. Some of us still want to talk about programming, not the afonja, ashawo and other trends on NL. Thanks
Re: Where Are The Mods? by Seun(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2017
Who would be the best moderator for this section? Who is interested? Someone who has always respected the rules, has the time, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Mods? by ipreach: 9:15am On May 04, 2017
Seun:
Who would be the best moderator for this section? Who is interested? Someone who has always respected the rules, has the time, etc.

I am interested sir
Re: Where Are The Mods? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:15am On May 04, 2017
Seun:

I'm interested smiley
Re: Where Are The Mods? by SetrakusRa(m): 9:21am On May 04, 2017
I think only active persons who knows a thing or two about programming.. Say dhtml8 Craigston pcguru1 DanielTheGeek

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Mods? by Nobody: 10:46am On May 04, 2017
ROYH:
i can
great

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Mods? by stealthtiger(m): 12:55pm On May 04, 2017
L
Re: Where Are The Mods? by stealthtiger(m): 12:56pm On May 04, 2017
SetrakusRa:

Sir, the state of this board is bad, very bad. I've tried mailing the mods but no response.

There should be no whatsapp groups, ponzi script sales (maybe another board for them?) or threads not relating to Programming. And, kindly remove those mods who ain't active and appoint better ones. They're killing this board!

Please, resolve this quickly. Some of us still want to talk about programming, not the afonja, ashawo and other trends on NL. Thanks

Exactly.
Things that do not pertain to what this section stands for shouldn't be condoned. I'm very sure that what's going on here isn't was Seun planned.

As a matter of fact Mr. Seun nairalands programming section even nairaland as a whole is in a statement of emergency.

The mods are not doing their jobs therefore they need to be relieved of their duties. Then let someone who knows what it takes and is in tune with the philosophy of the section moderate.

If nothing is done. Nairaland might just fully become a shadow itself that it becomes filled with bad posts.

I think this is the last opportunity Seun has to bring sanity here, now that people are talking.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Mods? by SetrakusRa(m): 12:58pm On May 04, 2017
stealthtiger:

Exactly.
Things that do not pertain to what this section stands for shouldn't be condoned. I'm very sure that what's going on here isn't was Seun planned.

As a matter of fact Mr. Seun nairalands programming section even nairaland as a whole is in a statement of emergency.

The mods are not doing their jobs therefore they need to be relieved of their duties. Then let someone who knows what it takes and is in tune with the philosophy of the section moderate.

If nothing is done. Nairaland might just fully become a shadow itself that it becomes filled with bad posts.

I think this is the last opportunity Seun has to bring sanity here, now that people are talking.

very true @ bolded
Re: Where Are The Mods? by dayosaurus(m): 1:42pm On May 04, 2017
Seun:

I'm interested
Re: Where Are The Mods? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 04, 2017
There are many people showing interest, Seun, maybe we just draw up a POLL for them. I am only volunteering myself as backup.
Re: Where Are The Mods? by Jaddo19(m): 5:05pm On May 04, 2017
Seun:
Mr Seun I Think Dhtml18 Is D Best Man For D job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Programmers In Nigeria / Is Main Function In C/c++ User Defined Function Or Predefined Function? / Mastering Python - Networking And Security Training Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.