Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. (13479 Views)

My Battery Drains Considerably When Connected To WIFI / HELP! My Hp G60-235DX Battery Drains Very Fast / Please Help! My Dell Battery Drains Quickly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by buzzyma4me: 10:33am On May 04, 2017
1, check if your computer doesn't have virus.
2, check if you are not running Two (2) or more antivirus software on the system.
3,check if there is no application running underground while you are doing other things on system.

Then if non of these is running, CHANGE TO ORIGINAL HP SPARE BATTERY.
there are two or more different battery in the market. contact me on Whatsapp with 07034492721 I will tell you how you can get original HP spare.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by just2endowed: 10:36am On May 04, 2017
How can one get a original battery in Nigeria. The one i bought last 2 years from computer village didnt last 6 month b4 it pack up. Its completely dead.

@OP, get an Original HP battery. Its the surrest
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 10:37am On May 04, 2017
@op, ur chance of getting an original brand new battery in nigeria is like 1% and they are not cheap. ur laptop doesn't have a problem, the problem is u have been buying fake batteries which litter our market. I mean hat do u expect from a N5,000 naira laptop battery? the new batteries lasting 1 hour is the best u can get or order a genuine battery.

My advice, keep using it like that or sell it get another laptop.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by just2endowed: 10:37am On May 04, 2017
buzzyma4me:
1, check if your computer doesn't have virus.
2, check if you are not running Two (2) or more antivirus software on the system.
3,check if there is no application running underground while you are doing other things on system.

Then if non of these is running, CHANGE TO ORIGINAL HP SPARE BATTERY.
there are two or more different battery in the market. contact me on Whatsapp with 07034492721 I will tell you how you can get original HP spare.

Why not state it here Oga, This is an open discussion thread and everyone seeking solution
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 10:37am On May 04, 2017
undecided
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by IkpuMmadu: 10:39am On May 04, 2017
Check some softwares running at the background or reformat it...it might have been infected by a spyware

The best bet, reformat it and get it back to factory setting
Coach1:
I have been using my HP pavilion g6 for three(3) years now. I decided to change the battery because the old one doesn't last more than 30 minutes.
I have tried four(4) different HP new batteries from different sellers on the system but none ever lasts up to one(1) hour even when left idle. I noticed they follow the same pattern; they decrease arbitrarily.

All the computer gurus in the house, please what should I do? Or what could be the cause?
Am counting on you guys to help me.

NOTE: My system is in its maximum power saving mode. I have also done calibration.

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 10:39am On May 04, 2017
divineshare:
AMD most likely, 3years? Sell it off and get and Tokonbo at computer village. (or trade it for another HP/Compaq or Dell.)

Tokunbo laptops will not give better result in terms of battery life. It would be like going fro frying pan to fire as the tokunbo laptop would have been used for 8 yrs or more before sending here hence weak battery. And 95% of tokunbo laptops sold in Ikeja already have their original batteries removed and replaced with China while they sell the original battery separately.

2 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by goldenceo1: 10:41am On May 04, 2017
aril:
I think you should be aware of the following.

1. You can only get original battery from the manufacturer of the laptop. E.g: Dell, Hp, Asus etc

2. China battery isn't originally so no guarantee of how many hour(s) the battery will power you up for.

3. If the battery isn't original is not original so there's nothing as semi-original.

4. Best way to get an original battery is to order from the laptop manufacturer website. You will see where they sell double cell battery or single cell.

5. If you have ample time go to computer village with you laptop buy a follow come battery. Test it there even if u need to spend hours to know how good is the battery is.

6. If it is not original then it is China.

7. If you have someone who can assist you to order the battery from Germany ebay u will be wowed.

Aril.....

Can you drop the Ebay link of their online store where I can buy one

maryjames9:
Make order from ebay or aliexpress. You will most likely get an oem battery from those sites.
You could also take the laptop to a good engineer to check for possible faults; overheating, excessive use of CPU by certain applications .....

[quote author=aril post=56190495]I think you should be aware of the following.

How reliable is the one from Aliexpress. have seen sum there but again the China brand keeps scaring me. am tired of buying from Nigeria store n their marketing strategy that oga dis na original ba3
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 10:44am On May 04, 2017
The life of any battery deprecates with time is even worse when it's not original
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by divineshare(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2017
greenhulk:

Tokunbo laptops will not give better result in terms of battery life. It would be like going fro frying pan to fire as the tokunbo laptop would have been used for 8 yrs or more before sending here hence weak battery. And 95% of tokunbo laptops sold in Ikeja already have their original batteries removed and replaced with China while they sell the original battery separately.

Instead of "China" please say "Substandard" because they are mostly made in China(it's Nigerian importers that goes for the lowest specification)

Besides, more that 50% (actual)tokunbo laptops in computer village still have their original batteries intact.

I didn't mention brand new because of our failed exchange rate and unnecessary high cost and even the terrible standard of the affordable new ones i.e. LENOVO (very fragile)

THERE IS THIS COMMON (E6000 SERIES) TOKUMBO CORE I5 DELL THAT LAST UP TO 4HRS, IT GOES AROUND 75K (my most recommended)

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by oyinzdml: 10:50am On May 04, 2017
goldenceo1:
Thanks for raising this issue OP. I experience same thing with my HP G6 series. seems like this ba3 draining thing is peculiar to G6. Have bought 2 bar3 from diff states still same issue persist. Funny enough the laptop has turn to TV to me. soon as electricity is off give it 10mins d laptop is off.

Hp G6 sucks

ARE YOU SURE THE FAN IS WORKING. CUS I'M CURRENTLY XPERIENCING THE SAME THING WITH MY HP LAPTOP AND I HAD REPLACED MY B3 3TIMES NW.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Dagoma: 10:52am On May 04, 2017
My own did same until I replaced the battrey.

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by DJInfluence: 10:53am On May 04, 2017
either you have an app/software that is draining your batter or the battery is defective. However, i will advise either doing a reset or install a completely new OS and if the issue persist, get a new battery.

However, note that you should not expect the battery life to be the same as the laptop gets older. The very best battery loss about 20% of the charge capacity after a year and if you are using that battery with Naija light or Gen, the life circle will be even less.

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by nwaanambra1(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2017
bro. nothing is wrong with your laptop.

mine is dell core i3 - av replaced three different batteries under 1 month and non lasts more than 1hr 30 minutes!

and whn u return it back those guys will refuse to take it back claiming that you have already used it - and the people they bought it from cant accept it back from them.

the one am stuck with now last only 30 minutes and i just bought it like 1 month ago.

i dont mind paying 12k or 15k for a good dell battery that will last me 6hours like the original one that came with the system.

chinese hav killed us in dis country - and the so called standard organization will just sit their while they turn us to a dump ground for fake and substandard products!

2 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 10:59am On May 04, 2017
Coach1:
I have been using my HP pavilion g6 for three(3) years now. I decided to change the battery because the old one doesn't last more than 30 minutes.
I have tried four(4) different HP new batteries from different sellers on the system but none ever lasts up to one(1) hour even when left idle. I noticed they follow the same pattern; they decrease arbitrarily.

All the computer gurus in the house, please what should I do? Or what could be the cause?

NOTE: My system is in its maximum power saving mode. I have also done calibration.

Op do you noticed any sign of light or maybe blinking after you shut down your laptop?

After shutting down do you notice if the laptop is still running? Like getting warm?

Do you always put it to sleep instead of shutting down?

Pls reply ASAP
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by goldenceo1: 11:00am On May 04, 2017
oyinzdml:

ARE YOU SURE THE FAN IS WORKING. CUS I'M CURRENTLY XPERIENCING THE SAME THING WITH MY HP LAPTOP AND I HAD REPLACED MY B3 3TIMES NW.

Yes. U can even hear the Fan spinning when u put in on n least I say the laptop na oven. I even bought cooling fan for it sometime ago.

Did u replaced ur fan to solve the ba3 issue?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 11:01am On May 04, 2017
nwaanambra1:
bro. nothing is wrong with your laptop.

mine is dell core i3 - av replaced three different batteries under 1 month and non lasts more than 1hr 30 minutes!

and whn u return it back those guys will refuse to take it back claiming that you have already used it - and the people they bought it from cant accept it back from them.

the one am stuck with now last only 30 minutes and i just bought it like 1 month ago.

i dont mind paying 12k or 15k for a good dell battery that will last me 6hours like the original one that came with the system.

chinese hav killed us in dis country - and the so called standard organization will just sit their while they turn us to a dump ground for fake and substandard products!

Where did you get it from?

There is no way they won't change it for you if you return it within 4-6days..

Though the seller won't refund your money except if you want to change it..
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by stefanweeks: 11:01am On May 04, 2017
Also check your power adapter
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by hotdealz(m): 11:07am On May 04, 2017
I have the genuine OEM (follow come) battery @9k only.
Call or whatsapp 08123672236
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by nwaanambra1(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2017
udemzy101:

Where did you get it from?

There is no way they won't change it for you if you return it within 4-6days..

Though the seller won't refund your money except if you want to change it..

bro! dont try our abuja computer accessories dealers!

that language does not exist in their dictionary - bsides i used each of the batteries for close to 2 weeks hoping it will improve - but it gets worst!
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by obajoey(m): 11:16am On May 04, 2017
divineshare:

Instead of "China" please say "Substandard" because they are mostly made in China(it's Nigerian importers that goes for the lowest specification)

Besides, more that 50% (actual)tokunbo laptops in computer village still have their original batteries intact.

I didn't mention brand new because of our failed exchange rate and unnecessary high cost and even the terrible standard of the affordable new ones i.e. LENOVO (very fragile)

THERE IS THIS COMMON TOKUMBO CORE I5 DELL THAT LAST UP TO 4HRS, IT GOES AROUND 75K (my most recommended)

I use DELL CORE I5, this particular one has keyboard light but the battery sucks. Maybe its because of the keyboard light.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 11:17am On May 04, 2017
Fake battery. You need to insist on the original.i had same issue with chargers some years back. Imitation latitude chargers sold for 5k and were gone in a week. Original was 11k and is still going.

Fake Batteries are a big issue. Not just performance,but the risk of thermal runaway.

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by obajoey(m): 11:17am On May 04, 2017
hotdealz:
I have the genuine OEM (follow come) battery @9k only.
Call or whatsapp 08123672236

Do you have for DELL CORE I5?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 11:24am On May 04, 2017
Coach1:

check the processes running in your system through task manager. Is your fan spinning faster than usual? If yes you might have a bot mining cryptocurrency on your laptop for a bot master.

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by sureteeboy(m): 11:27am On May 04, 2017
Coach1:

Make sure the battery never gets empty, else, the MWh of the battery will keep reducing. When I initially bought my new battery, I was monitoring it with a battery bar app and there was no battery wear for about a week. The day I used the battery up and charged it again, the battery wear was at 3.5%.
Subsequently, it climbed up to 6.8 and 15.4% the next two times I used it up and ever since then, I've never used it up again and it has remained at that 15.4 percent wear.

2 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 11:42am On May 04, 2017
divineshare:

THERE IS THIS COMMON (E6000 SERIES) TOKUMBO CORE I5 DELL THAT LAST UP TO 4HRS, IT GOES AROUND 75K (my most recommended)

I know majority of electronics especially accesories are made in China. China will make anything depending on the specs u give them. The use of China in my context means substandard which is what is filled in our market in terms of accesories . Genuine accesories are expensive and as a businessman when u stock them it might take a long time to sell even 1 when the other businessman that ships cheaper substandard ones would have sold 10.

2 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by hotdealz(m): 11:48am On May 04, 2017
obajoey:

Do you have for DELL CORE I5?
All dell corei5 don't use the same battery. Which model of Dell are you asking about?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by alexng: 11:48am On May 04, 2017
Buy a laptop power bank Call James 08170368264 or Blessing 07068410532
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by hybee53(m): 11:54am On May 04, 2017
it may be dust that block the fan area, which cause overheating and make the fan to run at a very high rate and as such drain the battery fast. try blow out the dust and see d different.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by obajoey(m): 11:55am On May 04, 2017
hotdealz:
All dell corei5 don't use the same battery. Which model of Dell are you asking about?

VOSTRO 3550
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by divineshare(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2017
greenhulk:

I know majority of electronics especially accesories are made in China. China will make anything depending on the specs u give them. The use of China in my context means substandard which is what is filled in our market in terms of accesories . Genuine accesories are expensive and as a businessman when u stock them it might take a long time to sell even 1 when the other businessman that ships cheaper substandard ones would have sold 10.
correct
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 04, 2017
udemzy101:

Op do you noticed any sign of light or maybe blinking after you shut down your laptop?

After shutting down do you notice if the laptop is still running? Like getting warm?

Do you always put it to sleep instead of shutting down?

Pls reply ASAP

I'm not the op, but yes, those things you mentioned happen to me too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Know The Original Laptop When Buyin It / I Need A Project Topic For Computer Engineering Student / COMPUTER PROGRAMMING * WEBSITE DESIGN * GRAPHICS DESIGN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.