Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. (13460 Views)

My Battery Drains Considerably When Connected To WIFI / HELP! My Hp G60-235DX Battery Drains Very Fast / Please Help! My Dell Battery Drains Quickly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by DonCortino: 1:02pm On May 04, 2017
Coach1:
I have been using my HP pavilion g6 for three(3) years now. I decided to change the battery because the old one doesn't last more than 30 minutes.
I have tried four(4) different HP new batteries from different sellers on the system but none ever lasts up to one(1) hour even when left idle. I noticed they follow the same pattern; they decrease arbitrarily.

All the computer gurus in the house, please what should I do? Or what could be the cause?
Am counting on you guys to help me.

NOTE: My system is in its maximum power saving mode. I have also done calibration.

If you have bought original battery (12-13k) u for get peace of mind jeje but u prefer cheap 5-6k fake battery. 4x6k= 24k. "Penny wise......."
Enjoy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by DonCortino: 1:07pm On May 04, 2017
obembet:
Just sell the laptop, Use the money to get original battery..

Then he go sidon dey look d original battery ba? grin grin

U harsh gan!
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by zeezyoung(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2017
That's H.p Pavillion g6 for u mine doesn't last more that 15 minutes, the best thing is for u is to order it overseas maybe U.K or Ebay or the company's website. Bt u will spend a lot sha

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by ItzWonderz(m): 1:24pm On May 04, 2017
it might not just be ur ba3 bro,might be ur windows. Wat window version is on ur laptop

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by epospiky(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2017
it's simple. Sell the system and buy a battery.

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by gbonozee: 1:37pm On May 04, 2017
Coach1:
I have been using my HP pavilion g6 for three(3) years now. I decided to change the battery because the old one doesn't last more than 30 minutes.
I have tried four(4) different HP new batteries from different sellers on the system but none ever lasts up to one(1) hour even when left idle. I noticed they follow the same pattern; they decrease arbitrarily.

All the computer gurus in the house, please what should I do? Or what could be the cause?

NOTE: My system is in its maximum power saving mode. I have also done calibration.

Same happened to me see I that battery that came with your System in the way to go...
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by gbonozee: 1:37pm On May 04, 2017
Coach1:

Same happened to me see that battery that came with your System in the way to go...
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by alwaysvik: 1:45pm On May 04, 2017
Sell the laptop. Go for a new one. Its just a machine, dont get attached to it and suffer needlessly. It is obvious it has reached the end of its useful life. Battery problems might be the start of a long list of problems. Sell it while you can.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Eno38151: 1:55pm On May 04, 2017
Coach1:

Batteries naturally degrade. Each time you charge the battery its capacity reduces a little, its hard to notice this cause the degradation is minute and you cannot detect it until it becomes pronounced or serious. With that said.

Every time you go to buy a battery connect it and run the battery check either from startup menu or in hp support assistant to check the battery capacity, most batteries you will find in all these computer shops can only store about only 60 percent of their original capacity, and they will degrade or become useless in about 6 months or less.

To me its far better for you to buy online or go to the hp store, mind you i called and asked for a Pavilion g6 charger and battery early dis year nd they told me that hp doesn't make g6 batteries anymore and the charger is 20k.

Also draining the battery quickly charging and draining it quickly will also reduce the lifecycle. Like you i have a g6 and i was a a football manager player (15 hours a day was normal) if my body could take that kind of work my battery and harddrives could not. In about 1 year or slightly more i had to change 3 batteries, 2 charger's and 2 harddrives.

Leaving it plugged beyond full charge will reduce your batterys lifecycle. Also some one told me that leaving it plugged in while there is no light can spoil the battery as well.

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by mechanics(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2017
Simply get an original laptop battery, those batteries you do buy are fake, I heard there is HP company in Nnewi, u can buy from there or from any HP dealer.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by phkka1(m): 2:47pm On May 04, 2017
Why will it not drain battery? Sleep you no gree. Just busy watching prostitutes doing their business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 04, 2017
ophidiophobic:

I'm not the op, but yes, those things you mentioned happen to me too

It's easy... There's nothing wrong with those new batteries, the fault is from the motherboard.

Take it to your engineer for repair
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 04, 2017
nwaanambra1:

bro! dont try our abuja computer accessories dealers!

that language does not exist in their dictionary - bsides i used each of the batteries for close to 2 weeks hoping it will improve - but it gets worst!

Hmmm.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by arnold123: 3:40pm On May 04, 2017
smartty68:
Inside battery, battery dey!!!

OP please get an original battery.

A friend also so had the same experience got a new battery that doesn't even last up top 30mins.
bravo! U are really smart just as ur username follows! Computer guru like moi!
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by obajoey(m): 3:44pm On May 04, 2017
phkka1:
Why will it not drain battery? Sleep you no gree. Just busy watching prostitutes doing their business.

cheesy how u take know nah.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Coach1: 4:01pm On May 04, 2017
smartty68:
Before you replaced the battery, you need had issues with the PC? If yes, I still recommend you get yourself an original battery

But the problem is, how do I confirm that a battery is original right there in the busy computer village at Ikeja? Two of the batteries I bought had HP written on them, plus the sellers would always swear to heaven that what they sell is original.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Coach1: 4:21pm On May 04, 2017
aril:
I think you should be aware of the following.

1. You can only get original battery from the manufacturer of the laptop. E.g: Dell, Hp, Asus etc

2. China battery isn't originally so no guarantee of how many hour(s) the battery will power you up for.

3. If the battery isn't original is not original so there's nothing as semi-original.

4. Best way to get an original battery is to order from the laptop manufacturer website. You will see where they sell double cell battery or single cell.

5. If you have ample time go to computer village with you laptop buy a follow come battery. Test it there even if u need to spend hours to know how good is the battery is.

6. If it is not original then it is China.

7. If you have someone who can assist you to order the battery from Germany ebay u will be wowed.

Aril.....

1. The "follow come" battery has "made in China" written on it.

2. If I order online, is there a 80-100% certainty that I will get a genuine battery? How fast can I send it back? And do they accept returned goods?

3. I visited HP service centre, they said "HP do not sell parts" that my laptop would first be diagnosed at a fee, then they will tell me the problem be it battery problem, motherboard problem etc before replacing. I did a mental calculation of the cost and it was almost the price of a new laptop.

Pls, what are the physical features that differentiate original and fake battery?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Coach1: 4:28pm On May 04, 2017
udemzy101:

Op do you noticed any sign of light or maybe blinking after you shut down your laptop?

After shutting down do you notice if the laptop is still running? Like getting warm?

Do you always put it to sleep instead of shutting down?

Pls reply ASAP

I don't notice any of the above, and I most times hibernate my system.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Coach1: 4:49pm On May 04, 2017
grossintel:
check the processes running in your system through task manager. Is your fan spinning faster than usual? If yes you might have a bot mining cryptocurrency on your laptop for a bot master.

Yes, sometimes my fan spins faster than usual. What is not mining cryptocurrency?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Coach1: 4:52pm On May 04, 2017
DonCortino:

If you have bought original battery (12-13k) u for get peace of mind jeje but u prefer cheap 5-6k fake battery. 4x6k= 24k. "Penny wise......."
Enjoy.

Actually, the last one cost me 10k with HP and replace with original HP spares written on it. How would you classify the battery?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by DonCortino: 5:06pm On May 04, 2017
Coach1:

Actually, the last one cost me 10k with HP and replace with original HP spares written on it. How would you classify the battery?

if u cant get or dont know an original, go for double cell of the battery. u wont regret it. its cost is around 12-13k.

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by phiszo(m): 5:32pm On May 04, 2017
Coach1:

I'm using same laptop. . I had to change the cooling fan, downgrade from Windows 10 to 7, and bought a follow come battery. ....
Now battery lasts for 4hrs plus. .

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by smartty68(m): 5:42pm On May 04, 2017
Coach1:

But the problem is, how do I confirm that a battery is original right there in the busy computer village at Ikeja? Two of the batteries I bought had HP written on them, plus the sellers would always swear to heaven that what they sell is original.
Its business, you don't expect them to tell you that its fake, in a place like Lagos one has to shine their eyes when buying stuffs there.

I'll advised that you order it online from eBay, Amazon etc.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Moblord(m): 6:33pm On May 04, 2017
I've been using G6 since 2013 and I have been facing same problem I tried different batteries but I have finally figured out what used to damage my ba3.. OP HAVE u ever connect your modem while ur PC is charging?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by hotdealz(m): 6:58pm On May 04, 2017
obajoey:

VOSTRO 3550
sold out
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 04, 2017
udemzy101:

It's easy... There's nothing wrong with those new batteries, the fault is from the motherboard.

Take it to your engineer for repair

How much do you think it would cost?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 04, 2017
ophidiophobic:

How much do you think it would cost?
It shouldn't be more than 4-5k
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 04, 2017
Coach1:

I don't notice any of the above, and I most times hibernate my system.
then stop doing, how can you be hibernating your laptop and still complain the ba3 doesn't last? Haba
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by murmee: 8:02pm On May 04, 2017
DonCortino:

Enjoy.
Can one get original laptop battery in Nigeria? Where? please, I want to know.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by DonCortino: 8:13pm On May 04, 2017
murmee:

Yes you can! Go to any major computer brand dealer shop.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by goldedprince: 8:59pm On May 04, 2017
throw it away and buy dell xps 15 2017 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by hotdealz(m): 9:25pm On May 04, 2017
murmee:
from me. Anything you get from me is strictly original.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Detailed Review About The Cashnetusa / How Can I Know The Original Laptop When Buyin It / I Need A Project Topic For Computer Engineering Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.