Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (8138 Views)

All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by omotaryoh(f): 10:16pm On May 29, 2017
My gurl is in love with freddy
More wisdom dear

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2017
Chapter 12

She got to her aunt’s house at about 7pm and was met by her overjoyed little cousin who ran into her arms as she walked into the living room. “Aunty Shade! Aunty Shade!” The little girl with three missing front teeth shouted out as she waved her hands in the air. Shade trudged over to the long couch in the living room and dropped the chubby kid on it. The girl jumped off the couch and ran off, saying something about having to finish her homework.

Shade smiled and snapped her neck from here to here as she looked up at her slim figured aunt, wondering how she gave birth to such a big kid.

“I might not have much time when Charles gets back so let’s get right to it.” The aunt said and leaned on one of the high back dining chairs close to where Shade was seated.
“A friend of mine has a problem.” She said, and her aunt had a blank stare on her face. “You know…The kind of problem you deal with.” Shade added
“Okay?”
“Umm! I think he has already gone through the rehabilitation stage on his own.”
“Hmm! So, what’s the real problem?”
“I…The thing is I was wondering if…” She was saying, and then stopped to hit her forehead with her palm. “It’s hard to explain.” She added.
Her aunt stood straight, walked over and sat on the edge of the couch Shade was on before saying “just talk. Ramble on; I will get it at some point.”
“Okay.” Shade said and looked up with a smile. “You see, he is my BFFs boyfriend, and he wants to break up with her.” Her aunty smiled and Shade smiled back before continuing, “He was on a certain for a long time, but now that he is no longer on it, he wants to break up with her.”
“Do you know why?” The aunt asked.
“Yes, because he feels he can’t be the person she fell in love with any longer.”
“Okay.”
“I was wondering if maybe, since he was that person she fell in love for a long time, he could go back to being that person without the drugs.” She said. And when her aunt was taking too long to respond, she continued with, “I mean; can you maybe help build his confidence or something. I don’t want to see my friend sad.”
Her aunt studied her for a long time before saying, “I have a feeling something else is bothering you.” Shade didn’t respond and her aunt continued. “I have known you since you were a kid. I know when something is bothering you.”
“I’m feeling very guilty aunt Dami. I feel like a bad person.” Shade said and covered her face with her hands.
“Why? Tell me what’s bothering you.”
“I think I might have feelings for Freddy.”
“Who?”
“Or, sorry, that’s my friend’s boyfriend.”
“Hmm! Now I understand what’s going on.”
“Aunty, I don’t know what happened. I didn’t plan for this to happen.”
“Most times, we don’t plan, love just happens.”
“I feel so bad aunt Dami.” Shade said and got off the couch. She walked to the window. “I wish he would go back to being the old Freddy so I can care less about him.”
“Hmm! I understand why you would feel that way, but how does the boy feel about you?”
“Well, he kissed me once, but that was when he was still crazy Freddy.” Shade said as she walked back to seat on the couch. When she saw the blank stare her aunt gave her, she added, “I hope you won’t tell Mom about that?”
Her aunt laughed for a few seconds before saying, “Shade, you are a 20 years old. You are a big girl now.”
“I don’t know what to do aunt Dami. You know I am a novice in this territory.”
Her aunt laughed some more before saying, “Well, first of all, I would like to know the drug your Freddy was taking.”
“Umm! Give me a second.” She said, and pulled out her phone from her jeans pocket. “Meth…Methamphetamine.”
“What? Are you sure?” Her aunt said and slowly took the phone out of Shade’s hand. “That drug is really complex, and it is rare here.”
“Oh!”
“Are you sure he is fully off it?”
“He said he takes Red Bull as a substitute now.”
Her aunt kept staring at the phone in disbelieve as she spoke, “Shade. I don’t believe your friend is completely rehabilitated. Can you please convince him to come see me?”
“Umm! I’ll try.”
“Please do. If you really like this guy, you will make sure he comes to see me.”

2 Likes

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Rukkydelta(f): 10:18pm On May 30, 2017
Shade better kill any sort of feelings you are having for Freddy
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by omotaryoh(f): 2:50pm On May 31, 2017
Hmmmm
We can't control who our hrt will love
Let me grab pop-corn

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2017
Chapter 13

The ice cream parlor used to be an abandoned video rental shop till it got renovated and over the Christmas holidays and became the number one hangout spot for female students. The inside had lovely 3D wallpaper of the blue skies with patches of white clouds, air conditioning, blue seats with white tables, and slow music playing in the background. Angela had felt bad about interfering in Shade and Nasir’s friendship, so she decided to make it up to her friend by taking her out on a treat.

They sat facing each other, scooping up frozen yogurt from small cups as they spoke about school work, friends, food, and everything else but Freddy. Angela didn’t seem like someone that had just gotten her heart broken, and Shade was wondering whether Freddy had changed his mind. And then Angela said, “You know me and Wale have been hanging out a lot lately.”
“Umm! Yea.” Shade said as she leaned in to wipe off rainbow sprinkles from the edge of her friend’s lips.
Angela smiled at her friend before saying “I’m thinking of agreeing to date the guy.”
“What are you talking about? What about Freddy?”
“Argh!” Angela exclaimed and shook her head a few times. “Freddy! Freddy!! Freddy!!!”
“What?”
“He was trying to tell me something earlier today, but couldn’t come straight.” She said and reached in her bag for a small flip open mirror. She looked into the mirror as she gently used a white handkerchief to clean off any toppings that were on the corners of her lips. “I guess he wants to breakup.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes I am.” Angela said and snapped the mirror shot with a faraway look in her eyes. “And I think I should just make it easy for him. ” She added in a low voice.
“So, that’s it? Don’t you love him?”
“I don’t know. I’m guessing we will still be great friends.”
“Hmm!”
“I don’t know Shade, maybe I am going through the denial stage of grief. I don’t know.” Angela said and leaned back in her seat.
“He told you about his drug use?”
“Yea, I actually knew all along. But I didn’t know he depended on it all the time.”
“Don’t you think it will look somehow if you left him now when he is down?”
“Shade, he is the one leaving me, remember.” Angela said with a smile and looked at her friend for a long while before adding “Trust me, we will all be okay.”

………………..

After her last lecture for the day, Shade was at the Mr. Biggs eatery close to the campus gate. Freddy had agreed to go see her aunt Dami only if she agreed to spend time with him afterwards. She ran it by Angela first, and her friend was totally okay with it. Right now, at the eatery, she didn’t know why she really agreed to this; whether it was because her aunt Dami was very insistent that Freddy come see her, or because she really wanted to see him. And then he walked. He closed the dripping umbrella in his hand as he searched the place for her. The smile on his face when their eyes met melted her heart.

Playfully using the umbrella as a walking stick, he hurriedly approached her table. He slid in the seat opposite her, looking really enthusiastic. “Hey how are you doing?” He said.
“I’m fine.” Shade responded with a smile.
“Your aunt is such a great spirit. I feel so good about myself right now.”
“Oh!”
“Yea. Thanks for making me go.” He said.

………………..

By the time the rain stopped, they had spent a whole three hours at the eatery, talking and laughing Shade couldn’t believe she could have that much to talk about with him.

When they finally stepped out of the spot, he walked over to his car and leaned on it; she did the same and he closed in the gap between them and they stayed in that position for a several silent seconds till Freddy said “I have to tell you something.” He got off the car and stood in front of her. “I am the anonymous one.”
“What?” She said, looking at him with a quizzical stare.
“I’m the anonymous one on your blog.”
“What? No way.” She said as her eyes grew bigger.
“Yes. I am.”
“That’s not possible. That guy has been commenting on my blog long before I knew you.”
“I am the one Shade.” He said with an expressionless look on his face. Shade stared at him trying to find out if he was really serious. She also thought of all the times she had flirted with the person she had grown to know as the anonymous one. “There is a lot you don’t know about me Shade.” He said and moved in close and kissed her. It happened so slowly, but it felt like it happened so fast to Shade. He leaned back to look at her intensely for a few seconds before saying “You are the one I have always wanted.”

2 Likes

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EvaJael(f): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2017
Hehehe...are my eyes deceiving me?

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2017
EvaJael:
Hehehe...are my eyes deceiving me?

Lol!
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
Yea! Datz my Freddy!!!! Doing d swalla dance.....

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by oyestephen(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
freshade things....lol
Angela won't be totally happy with Freddy and shade. Its rather selfish of her not to be there when Freddy needed her most....

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by omotaryoh(f): 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
Dancing rite nw
Let see hw enmity start between 2 frnds

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:40am On Jun 06, 2017
Hey guys, after hours and hour, and hour, and some more hours of thinking, I have decided to end the story where I stopped, and turn this into a 3 part series. So, the first part has ended. I will start updating the second part in a few weeks. For now, I am looking for someone to edit the story so I can publish it on Amazon this Saturday. Thank you all for the support.

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
kayo80:
Hey guys, after hours and hour, and hour, and some more hours of thinking, I have decided to end the story where I stopped, and turn this into a 3 part series. So, the first part has ended. I will start updating the second part in a few weeks. For now, I am looking for someone to edit the story so I can publish it on Amazon this Saturday. Thank you all for the support.

Seriously Amazon Wat abt me sad

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
MhizDherbee:

Seriously Amazon Wat abt me sad

Lol! What i mean is that, i am going to send all you have read thus far to my editor, who will work on it, and then i will package it as the first part of a three part series and sell on Amazon. And in a couple of weeks, i will start posting the second part of the story on Nairaland. Don't worry, i am going to paste all the story here for free.

But, if there is anyone reading this that resides in America and wants to support my book on amazon, you can let me know. I will really appreciate it. It will be selling for just 99 cents.
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
kayo80:

Lol! What i mean is that, i am going to send all you have read thus far to my editor, who will work on it, and then i will package it as the first part of a three part series and sell on Amazon. And in a couple of weeks, i will start posting the second part of the story on Nairaland. Don't worry, i am going to paste all the story here for free.

But, if there is anyone reading this that resides in America and wants to support my book on amazon, you can let me know. I will really appreciate it. It will be selling for just 99 cents.

Ok. Buh wat abt d oother stories

Also dont forget to mention me when d second part starts! Thanks

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by carloz685(m): 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2018
Bros Kayo80 e be like say me and you go get problem ooo... Haba which kind wickedness come be this one.... The story go make sense but e no go complete... Chai na every day me dey cry for your profile.... Do me good abeg... I am an addict when it comes to reading.... Complete those making sense stories... Abeg...

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 3:14am On Dec 02, 2018
carloz685:
Bros Kayo80 e be like say me and you go get problem ooo... Haba which kind wickedness come be this one.... The story go make sense but e no go complete... Chai na every day me dey cry for your profile.... Do me good abeg... I am an addict when it comes to reading.... Complete those making sense stories... Abeg...

Lol. I have a writing plan for this month and already have stories to complete before the end of the month... I will start the book 2 of this story in January.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[teachers Day Speech]™ Happy Teachers Day 2016 Simple Speech, Simple Essay / My Year Of Trouble And Sexcapades(myts) / The link- a story by damex333

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.