Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 04/05/2017) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 04/05/2017) (443 Views)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 27/07/2017) Wholeness Is Possible / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 01/06/2017) / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 05/01/2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 04/05/2017) by 4reala(m): 3:11am On May 04, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL 2017

Thursday May 4, 2017

HELP FOR THE HELPLESS 

Memorise : The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. - Psalm 46:7

Read: Psalm 9:18-20

9:18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.

9:19 Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight.

9:20 Put them in fear, O Lord: that the nations may know themselves to be but men.

There are general blessings and also personal blessings. I have observed that anytime David wanted to discuss something that is very important to him, he normally personalize it. For instance, in Psalm 23:1, he says,

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” 

He did not say, “The Lord is our shepherd”. He was simply saying, “I can only speak for myself; I don’t know about you.” I pray that you will experience God as the Good Shepherd, so that you can testify personally and not just by sharing other people’s experiences. A shepherd is a person who looks after sheep. One thing you will observe about sheep is that they are very defenseless against predators. They cannot bite, they have no claws, and they cannot run fast; their only defense is the shepherd. 

You will agree with me that it is a very frightening thing to be defenseless in a hostile world. It is indeed a horrible feeling to be completely helpless. When a man is sick, he runs to the doctor hoping to be healed, but when the doctor tries his best and says there’s nothing he can do, the sick becomes hopeless. When a man has serious financial problems, he runs to his bank expecting a bailout, but what will he do when the bank insist on using assets he doesn’t have as collateral?

In the same way, when a child is sick, he looks up to his parents for help and care, but how will the child feel if his parents tell him that the forces battling against him are beyond their capability? Worst still, imagine how you will feel if your pastor tells you that after praying all manner of prayers, there is nothing more he can do to help you! It is a terrible thing to feel lonely or forsaken by relatives and loved ones. A man who once experienced such a situation used these words to express his feelings in Psalm 102:6-7 :

“I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert.I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.”

Have you been in such a situation? Do you feel exposed, Unclad and prone to shame? Are you facing the worst of times with no one to defend you? Has everyone you thought could help deserted you and now you think life is worthless? I bring you good news today! There is hope for the hopeless and cover for the Unclad. God can still do something about that hopeless situation you are going through. God is very close to you, and He will reach out and touch you today. The Lord will make a way for you! Call on Him and tell Him you have no one to help you but Him. Ask Him to help you now. He will answer and turn your situation around for good.

KEY POINT :
When everything else has failed, never give up your hope for a better life; although it may take time, help will surely come. 

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Deuteronomy 1;
Jeremiah 25:17-33

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOR

1. Through the love of God our Savior,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favor,
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful if in Christ abiding;
Steadfast through the Spirit's guiding:
All must be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying;
Or in living or in dying;
All must be well.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Discover Your Spiritual Gift? / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(fri. 19/05/2017) / Murdering The Quran With The Fire Of Truth: Muslim Prayers - Ali Sina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.