Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How To Start A Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start A Blog (7691 Views)

How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible / Total Cost In Creating A Blog / 5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Web Hosting Company In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 3:17am On May 04, 2017
Have you ever thought of creating a blog of your own and start sharing contents that people would find helpful? If yes, then you should continue reading this article.

To start a blog, follow these steps :

Step 1 : Choose A Platform

There are different blogging platforms where you can create and host your blog on. Some of these platforms are : blogger.com , and wordpress.org. Before you create your blog you need to select one of these platforms that would suit the needs and purpose of your blog.

Let me explain these blogging platforms for better insight.

Blogger Blogging Platform

Blogger.com is a free blogging platform created by Google to help people start and setup their blogs free.

Blogger.com is known for its simple interface which allows you to edit and design your blog easily.
Blogging on blogger.com does not cost you a dime the only fee you are requires to pay is your domain name fee which costs about $10 depending on the domain name and registrar.

Blogger platforms come with up to 20 free templates which gives you the opportunity to change your blog's design for free by choosing any of the available templates. Blogger.com also supports custom design which allows you design your blog the way you want and also allows you to change your blog's template at your will.

Blogging on blogger.com is free and simple. This is why new bloggers are advised to start their blog on blogger then migrate to WordPress later at their on will.

Blogging Platform

This is a platform for professional bloggers.
When you create your blog on , you get access to lots of awesome features like :
jetpack essential features, unlimited free themes that suits every blog niche, mobile app for easy access to your blog's dashboard, advanced design customization, seo tools and many more features.
Creating a blog will cost you about $12 monthly for a premium plan and about $24 monthly for a business plan.

Wordpress.org Blogging Platform

This is a self hosted blogging platform. That is, to own a self hosted wordpress blog, you need to host your. blog on a web hosting platform like bluehost, godaddy, hostgator etc.
Owning a self hosted blog means you are in control of your wordpress blog and what ever happens to it in the future unlike which is controlled by AUTOMATTIC (a company that owns wordpress)
On wordpress.org, you also pay to get your blog running, the fees you have to pay are hosting fees, and domain name fee which are to be paid to your web host and domain registrar.

Wordpress.org allows you install loads of plugins that improves the performance of your blog.This is one big feature does not offer which makes wordpress.org a better platform for bloggers to host their blogs on.

P.S : The main difference between and wordpress.org is that is a blogging platform powered by wordpress and has lots of restrictions that won't favour your blog's performance. While wordpress.org is a self hosted blogging platform with no restriction powered by you.
With this explanation on blogging platforms, you should be able to choose the blogging platform that suits your blog's needs best.

Step 2 : Choose A Design

After choosing a blogging platform, you should choose a neat and responsive design/theme that suits your blog niche.

Step 3 : Choose A Niche

When starting a blog you should have focus, that is, you should select a niche/category you are skilled in.Choosing the perfect blog niche will help you stay focused and productive while you blog.

Here are lists of blog niches you can choose from :

Business.
Technology.
Lifestyle.
Fashion.
Sports.
Relationship.
Life Hack.
News and Entertainment.
Tutorials.
Health.

Step 4 : Get Your Blogging Tools Set

When starting a blog you should be prepared as preparation is the starting point of a successful blog.
Here are lists of blogging tools you need so as to get the best results out of your blog :

Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and other social media platforms) : you should use this tool to share your blog posts in order to increase your blog's exposure. It is a perfect tool for driving traffic to you blog.

Buffer or Hootsuite : these tools help you schedule the way you share blog posts on social media.

ConvertKit : this tool helps you grow your email list.
Keyword Research Tool : this tool helps you find keywords that rank high on search engines. Its an awesome tool for seo.

Canva : this tool helps you design images for your blog posts.

Pixabay : this tool offers you free images which you can use in your blog posts.

Evernote : this tool helps you keep blog posts topic ideas for later.

Grammarly : this tool helps you proofread your blog posts.

Step 5 : Publish Your First Blog Post

This is the final step you need to take when starting a blog. You need to write and publish your first blog post in relation to your blog niche.

P.S : your blogging journey does not end here. You should always come up with ideas that would lead to the growth and success of your blog.

Source : http://www.pascalumeze.com/2017/04/how-to-start-a-blog.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Start A Blog by liftedhigh: 7:07am On May 04, 2017
Coo
Re: How To Start A Blog by lovelove2323: 7:09am On May 04, 2017
Good one wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Start A Blog by Niyeal(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2017
Okay
Re: How To Start A Blog by geebril(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2017
Everyone wants to be a blogger these days....

Smh undecided grin
Re: How To Start A Blog by jieta: 7:11am On May 04, 2017
op that means without a laptop i can't blog.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 7:13am On May 04, 2017
Need a nice blog designed for u? contact me at http://www.gadgetsng.com/ ,u get free domain
Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 7:14am On May 04, 2017
sure some pipo blog without lappy. Started http://www.gadgetsng.com/ without lappy back then
jieta:
Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 7:15am On May 04, 2017
No be small thing oo
geebril:

Smh undecided grin
Re: How To Start A Blog by Mrbigman1(m): 7:17am On May 04, 2017
Nice.

God bless u op

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 7:17am On May 04, 2017
How about making money with your blog??

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by fufuNegusi(m): 7:17am On May 04, 2017
Thanks very informative

But how can I monetize my blog using

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by Rick9(m): 7:20am On May 04, 2017
Nice
Re: How To Start A Blog by MissOpe(f): 7:32am On May 04, 2017
gadgetsngs:
Need a nice blog designed for u? contact me at http://www.gadgetsng.com/ ,u get free domain

how do I do this, I also use a phone
Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 7:37am On May 04, 2017
How do we generate money for the blogs
In fact please just explain the payment stuff
Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 7:37am On May 04, 2017
geebril:

Smh undecided grin
The thing tire me o gringrin
Re: How To Start A Blog by alozie27(m): 7:41am On May 04, 2017
nice thanks for the information. God bless

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by pretee246(m): 7:41am On May 04, 2017
wait make I chop first... e b like say I dey hungry...I for fry stone for una....

S-P
Re: How To Start A Blog by yelloo1(m): 7:43am On May 04, 2017
Bloggers everywhere. No more secret anywhere
Re: How To Start A Blog by Igbaba2: 7:44am On May 04, 2017
very infomative @op, pls., expatiate on to make atleast abt 5k in a month or two months.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by luvkidtemmy(m): 7:55am On May 04, 2017
Nice one OP mean while follow me on 9japosh. to view one great idea you are yet to discover in blogging world
Re: How To Start A Blog by coconat(m): 7:59am On May 04, 2017
I LIKE TO OPEN A BLOG PLS OP HOW MUCH WILL IT COST ME? ITS A TECH BLOG I INTEND OPENING. 08034094707

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by idolda: 8:01am On May 04, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by generaluthman: 8:28am On May 04, 2017
cheesy
Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 8:50am On May 04, 2017
Igbaba2:
very infomative @op, pls., expatiate on to make atleast abt 5k in a month or two months.

I will share another post about that soon
Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 8:52am On May 04, 2017
coconat:
I LIKE TO OPEN A BLOG PLS OP HOW MUCH WILL IT COST ME? ITS A TECH BLOG I INTEND OPENING. 08034094707

It depends on the platform you want your blog to be created on . if its blogger.com then you need to pay only domain fee but if its WordPress you need to pay hosting fee and domain fee.

For more information connect with me on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/pascalumeze
Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 8:53am On May 04, 2017
izublingz:
How about making money with your blog??

I will share another post about that soon
Re: How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 8:57am On May 04, 2017
jieta:

If you don't have a laptop, you can blog with your phone
Re: How To Start A Blog by signeddocuments: 9:00am On May 04, 2017
how can my blogging be functioning without paying a dime?

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Blog by Kindoo: 9:03am On May 04, 2017
There is something for you on my blog here pls, www.wurana..com
Re: How To Start A Blog by regularjoe8080(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2017
Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cyber Security Awareness & Tips For Nigerians / I Want To Quit Blogging, Any Advice For Me? / The Actual Cost For SEO Services In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.