Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life (1106 Views)

Man Shares How A Restaurant Cashier Who He Usually Tip Called To Ask For N200k / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / 30 Professions In Which People Usually Marry Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by lilcutie8916(m): 7:16am On May 04, 2017
You will die one day.
Change the world for good; don’t leave it the way you meet it.

2. If you are from a very poor background, don’t see college as the only way to success.

See it as a safety net instead.

Try and make sure you become an entrepreneur either by joining an early start up, building your own business, or by building an online business.

You may also choose to become a musician or an athlete.

Liberate your family from poverty; it’s a disease. #winks

3. Never hope on anyone.

My dad gave up going to school to fund my uncle’s education. It proved to be a wise move at first, because my uncle was way more brilliant than he was, but death came at the moment he started to work as a bank manager.

And both my dad and my uncle’s family lost everything.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Even if nothing goes wrong, death may knock on that person’s door.

Find a way to put yourself first. (I do not mean you should not care for other people.)

Like an african adage would say: “Remove the dirt in your eyes first before that of another person.”

4. You will always face difficulties.

Difficulties will always come everyday; no matter how small it might be or how large it might seem, never let it get the best of you.

It might be a financial problem (e.g poverty, college fees/loans), a psychological problem (e.g depression), a health problem, and even death. (Death may take away your loved ones and it’s very sad and difficult to cope, especially when that person is the breadwinner of your family.)

There will be a problem somewhere in our lives; even if you have all the money in the world, there will be a something bothering you.

Try to learn to be optimistic.

See every mistake, failure, or difficulty as part of life and never allow these problems get the best of you.

They can even make you a billionaire (#winks) if you find a solution to them and create a product out of it, because it’s certain that someone somewhere is experiencing the same problem.

5. People will always talk bad things about you no matter how good/generous/kind you are.

Even Jesus had haters; everyone has them.

No matter how good you are to people they will still complain; human beings cannot and will not ever be satisfied.

Don’t try to listen too much to your critics—they will always find something bad about you.

Don’t give a f**k about them; keep pursuing your dreams.

In Nigeria here, we have two major weather conditions: the rainy season and the dry season. Whenever it’s sunny we complain, “haa this sun is too much omg why are we not in the rainy season?”

And during the rainy season they will be like, “I don’t like rainy season everywhere is always flooded God please bring back the sun!”

Can you see now that people can’t be fully satisfied with a given condition or product?

Just keep on doing the right thing and don’t listen to everybody, because some people will just hate you for no reason, especially when you have a large following.

6. Hug your mum and dad everyday, for you will one day see them no more.

This one needs no explanation, it’s self-explanatory.

As you get older, so do your parents, but as they’re always older than you, they’ll most likely die before you, so celebrate them while they are alive.

7. Youth is not permanent.

Don’t let your physical beauty get into your head try and focus on your life goal and desires.

Copied and pasted from QUORA.
CREDIT TO Augustine Elioku

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by Afonjashapmouth: 7:22am On May 04, 2017
Thanks for the copy and paste.. You inspired my entrepreneurship life this morning. Make we wait na.rape case others go copy.come
Re: Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by lilcutie8916(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
Thanks for the copy and paste.. You inspired my entrepreneurship life this morning. Make we wait na.rape case others go copy.come
na so o
Re: Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by lawrykings(m): 10:01am On May 04, 2017
Your number 2 struck me, I reckon! Seeing college as the only means to wealth is really bad as an average Nigerian, in my final year in college and anytime I think about Nigeria's unemployment rate I ask myself why do I start from when I graduate? But just like you said we should make positive use of every situations we find ourselves and be optimistic about the life we aspire. This is how I encourage myself! Beautiful piece OP

2 Likes

Re: Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 12:02pm On May 04, 2017
This piece is so timely.
You can never really satisfy everybody. Make sure, you satisfy God first , yourself second and some people that matters the last.
Re: Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by lilcutie8916(m): 12:57pm On May 04, 2017
Y
lawrykings:
Your number 2 struck me, I reckon! Seeing college as the only means to wealth is really bad as an average Nigerian, in my final year in college and anytime I think about Nigeria's unemployment rate I ask myself why do I start from when I graduate? But just like you said we should make positive use of every situations we find ourselves and be optimistic about the life we aspire. This is how I encourage myself! Beautiful piece OP
very true
Re: Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by Jerusalemangel: 6:06pm On May 04, 2017
God bless you
Re: Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by johnime: 10:27pm On May 05, 2017
Bleep number three.... Death can come at Any fucking time, at the same time, he probably had money for only one bran and not two
It happened to my uncles kids and my dad. M dad became the bread winner. Same also was uncles kid, to day he is a successful Artist.
Re: Lesson People Usually Learn Too Late In Life by tspun(m): 11:37am On May 06, 2017
interesting

(1) (Reply)

Best Job / .. / Nigerian Defence Academy Form For 65th Regular Course Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.