Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Heavy Drinking Ruin My Marriage – Brad Pitt - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Heavy Drinking Ruin My Marriage – Brad Pitt (387 Views)

Is Ycee Calling Out Sony Music? "They Tried To Ruin My Career But We Had Plan B" / Angelina Jolie Terrified, She Doesn't Want To See Brad Pitt With Someone New (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Drinking Ruin My Marriage – Brad Pitt by UPDISTIC7: 12:36pm On May 04, 2017
Hollywood A-list actor Brad Pitt and former husband of Actress Angelina Jolie recently opened up on the cause of his divorce with the humanitarian actress.

Brad Pitt, 53 revealed how he was determined to avoid a messy custody and divorce battle with his wife Jolie. The Troy actor admitted to decades of heavy drinking and marijuana use in his first extensive interview since splitting with Angelina Jolie last year.

The actor who spoke with GQ Style in the interview published Thursday morning stated that he and Jolie were now committed to resolving matters amicably and privately after watching his family be “ripped apart”.

The couple who became close after their 2005 movie Mr and Mrs smith were popularly known by the media as ‘Brangelina’. They married in 2014 and had six children. The celebrity world was therefore shocked to hear of Jolie’s sudden announcement in September 2016 that she was filing for divorce after accusing her husband of child abuse.

Pitt was investigated for possible child abuse after losing his temper in front of some of the children. But Legend of the Fall star was cleared of the allegations, and in January he and Jolie agreed to use a private judge in their divorce case.

The actor says he has since quit drinking and was undergoing therapy after turning to alcohol in the past year to cope with his issues.

“I was boozing too much,” Pitt said “It’s just become a problem. And I’m really happy it’s been half a year now, which is bittersweet, but I’ve got my feelings in my fingertips again.”On his split with Jolie, 41, he stated it had been a huge generator for change for him.

“I can’t remember a day since I got out of college when I wasn’t boozing or had a spliff, or something.

“I’m really, really happy to be done with all of that. I mean I stopped everything except boozing when I started my family. But even this last year, you know – things I wasn’t dealing with. I was boozing too much,” he said.

SOURCE: http://www.dambela.com/2017/05/04/heavy-drinking-ruin-marriage-brad-pitt/

(1) (Reply)

Comedian, Bovi Acquires Brand New G-wagon (photos) / Forbes African Richest Musician 2017 Is Fake!! / Interesting Facts About Shah Ruhk Khan Wikipedia Won't Tell You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.