Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Gossip Dies When It Hits A Wise Person's Ears ! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gossip Dies When It Hits A Wise Person's Ears ! (701 Views)

. / "Three Wise Men" Storm Lagos Streets (Photos) / The 7 Types Of Nairalanders You Will Meet On Every Post That Hits A Front Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gossip Dies When It Hits A Wise Person's Ears ! by Elbinawi: 11:39pm On May 04, 2017
GOSSIP DIES WHEN IT HITS A WISE PERSON'S EARS !

In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem. One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, "Do you know what I just heard about your friend?"
“Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before telling me anything I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."

“Triple Filter Test?"
“That's right," Socrates continued. “Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you're going to say. That's why I call it the triple filter test.

The first filter is Truth. Are you absolutely sure that what you're about to tell me is true?"
"No," the man said. "Actually I just heard about it and …"
"Alright," said Socrates. "So you don’t really know if it's true or not. Now let us try the second filter; the filter of Goodness.

The 2nd filter: Goodness.
Is what you're about to tell me about my friend something good?"
“No; on the contrary."
“So," Socrates continued, "You want to tell me something bad about him, but you're not certain it's true. You may still pass the test though, because there is one filter left; the filter of Usefulness.

The 3rd filter: Usefulness.
Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?"
"No, not really!"
"Well," concluded Socrates, "If what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?"
Re: Gossip Dies When It Hits A Wise Person's Ears ! by dikeigbo2(m): 1:56am On May 05, 2017
The two marketers above are seriously completing for space.......and for the topic...200% correct

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Translate This In Bini Lang Or Esan / Why Do Western Women Talk About Sex This Way? Shocking! / Swaziland King Directs Men To Marry More Than Two Wives Or Risk Jail Terms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.