Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,017 members, 7,810,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (70011 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:55am On Feb 22, 2020
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by iCauseTrouble: 4:57am On Feb 22, 2020
With that money, you can build a business in Nigeria that we make you tour around the world and not only America. That money is nothing abroad

553 Likes 30 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 22, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
With that money, you can build a business in Nigeria that we make you tour around the world and not only America. That money is nothing abroad
what kind of business?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Prec1ous(m): 5:50am On Feb 22, 2020
Seems the "hustle" paid off big time. Do not forget, they do thorough check at the American embassy.

But to be sincere, if I was in your shoes. I will stay back and start a business. I don't know the business but I must find one.

On second thought, that kind of money means you have grown bigger than asking for life changing decisions from strangers.

So let's not deceive ourselves, if you travel with your limited education, you will be dumping your money in a soak away.

20 Million at 25 in Nigeria, what is the name of your start up in Nigeria, your stage name, political office, yahoo format or you sold your family land?

MODIFIED

I did not advise him. I said "if I was in his shoes". If it was me.

I did not say "he should" instead I said "I will".

He is not me. Read between the lines always and understand all context before quoting.

276 Likes 11 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 22, 2020
I think staying in nigeria is best for you with that amount.you can further your education here in naija at a cheaper rate and even have chance to continue your business. After making that amount,don't think of leaving,instead what you should be thinking of is establishing yourself and making more money here. cool cool cool

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 6:07am On Feb 22, 2020
Think of going to China and importing goods that's a good capital if well utilised. You would have travelled abroad and still make good money.

Don't bother going to US to reside permanently as that money will liquidate within the shortest period of time.

When you have built enough capital and business empire, you can easily be going to USA for your vacations.

192 Likes 9 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by majamajic(m): 6:20am On Feb 22, 2020
See conditions upon my advice ?

I better save them

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 22, 2020
BUSINESSARENAA:
Think of going to China and importing goods that's a good capital if well utilised. You would have travelled abroad and still make good money.

Don't bother going to US to reside permanently as that money will liquidate within the shortest period of time.

When you have built enough capital and business empire, you can easily be going to USA for your vacations.
what sort of goods?

By the way, with the corruption of the NIGERIA immigration system, it's difficult to go into importation without the frustration of immigration.

17 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 22, 2020
Koginaija:
I think staying in nigeria is best for you with that amount.you can further your education here in naija at a cheaper rate and even have chance to continue your business. After making that amount,don't think of leaving,instead what you should be thinking of is establishing yourself and making more money here. cool cool cool
Nice but what type of business?

But sincerely, part of the reason why i want to leave is safety of my life and my sanity.

I want my future kids to come into the world in a sane environment with top class Education.

I feel with me in the USA, i will be opening doors and opportunity for my siblings which are in school right now.

One of my sisters is studying as a nurse, i want her to work in USA as a professional Nurse and i feel with me establishing myself there, if will be possible.

I don't think about myself only, as the eldest child and son, i want the best life for my siblings, so my parents will be proud of me, i want my parents to visit me freely In USA and i feel this 20 million naira is GOD answering my prayers.

Hope you understand?

206 Likes 11 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by nigeriainfo: 6:43am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Cc justwise lalasticlala please help

Hello, Let me advise you and I want to tell you nothing but the truth. I am here now in the United States presently and I am really advising you to stay back In Nigeria and invest that money in Nigeria. I am telling you this because I know what is actually going on here. Please stay back in Nigeria. Thank you and please heed my advice for your own good

283 Likes 25 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cassidy1996(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2020
America matter

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Temade29: 7:12am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
what kind of business?
invest in a business u are interested in

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by MrStan11(m): 7:13am On Feb 22, 2020
My dear,
Don't ever think of starting any business with your hard earned money.
Run now that you can.
Not just for your sake but for the sake of your unborn kids.

Its a decision your kids will forever be grateful for.

But make sure you travel using Academic means because it saves you from stress.

Ignore anybody telling you to start a business,
Most of them are salary earners and have no knowledge of killin dem atmosphere especially for new businesses

232 Likes 13 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by olarwhumy6(f): 7:14am On Feb 22, 2020
Why not try canada?

188 Likes 6 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Cyberknight: 7:17am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

If by the bolded you mean someone that will buy a ticket for you when you've gotten a visa, fine.

If by the bolded you mean someone who will "process" a US visa for you and deliver it to you in your house with no effort on your part, instead start planning how you are going to use that money to pour yourself a foundation for your dream house in Benin.

If you really want to leave Nigeria on a student's visa, forget the US and try the UK. The process is more straightforward and easier to navigate there.

If you already have business ideas in mind, no point asking questions on Nairaland. Bear in mind that settling legally in the US is extremely difficult.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by frankmoney(m): 7:21am On Feb 22, 2020
Try Germany ... At least you don't need to be burdened with tuition fees . And 5M is enough for block account . You will get a job there and save your money

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by itsme01: 7:26am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

smiley

Split your money into two, invest half into stocks of a very stable company, NB , MTN, FirstBank, GTB etc and use the rest to relocate to US and start your new hustling, if you can make 20 million hustling in Nigeria, chances are you would make 100 million in US because US is for smart thinkers and not dull people.. incase if things don't work out in US you can always fall back to your 10million naira stock

PS: before listening to people telling you to do business, 90% of all start ups in Nigeria don't survive the 3 years mark, forex changes, bad government policy, fraudulent staffs and all would finish your capital

245 Likes 16 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by ashatoda: 7:27am On Feb 22, 2020
frankmoney:
Try Germany ... At least you don't need to be burdened with tuition fees . And 5M is enough for block account . You will get a job there and save your money
this is a great option since you won't be paying tuition fees you can also explore Canada, bros those advising that you stay back are talking because they believe if you can make 20 million in Nigeria then you are set true but I believe you have that now to set your siblings and coming kids free please go moreso if you go you are going primarily for education which you can use to gain citizenship then if things don't work out you can always come back home with a higher pali

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 7:31am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

First of all..are you interested in education or you just want to use it to leave Nigeria?

14 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2020
justwise:

First of all..are you interested in education or you just want to use it to leave Nigeria?
Sincerely i am interested in any legal way of leaving the country.

As long as my stay in USA is legal, then I'm fulfilled in life.

I feel the school in USA will be more easier route.

But as long as I'm the USA, i have no problem, I'm an hustler and i can make big money legally in USA because i believe in myself.

Part of why i want to go to USA is that I'm a music writer and lover, i can sing very very well but i just have to drop music and focus on making money all these years.

But i know in the USA, even if i don't sing, i write songs very well and as a member of a drama group in school, i can act very well.

So i feel USA can give me the opportunity to explore my talent.
I can sell the songs i write.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:

Split your money into two, invest half into stock of a very stable company, NB , MTN etc and use the rest to relocate to US and start your new hustling, if you can make 20 million hustling in Nigeria, chances are you would make 100 million in US because US is for smart thinkers and not dull people.. incase if things don't work out in US you can always fall back to your 10million naira stock
Nice, GOD bless you for this advice.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 22, 2020
Cyberknight:

If by the bolded you mean someone that will buy a ticket for you when you've gotten a visa, fine.

If by the bolded you mean someone who will "process" a US visa for you and deliver it to you in your house with no effort on your part, instead start planning how you are going to use that money to pour yourself a foundation for your dream house in Benin.

If you really want to leave Nigeria on a student's visa, forget the US and try the UK. The process is more straightforward and easier to navigate there.

If you already have business ideas in mind, no point asking questions on Nairaland. Bear in mind that settling legally in the US is extremely difficult.
There is a reason why i choose USA.

Because of my career in entertainment.

In school back in the days, i was a member of the drama group, so I'm good in acting and in music.

I feel USA gives me the opportunity to drive into entertainment.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by YesNo(m): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2020
Ajuju
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by blackboy2star(m): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2020
Let's use one million to play 5odds, you sef know the return nah... My brother, 20million not that much, delve into a business you know but we all know Nigeria is not business friendly but mind you no bizness comes easy.

As for traveling bro don't use AGENT, DIYS

All the bet

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Oblitz(m): 8:06am On Feb 22, 2020
Travel out oooooo!
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by NigeriaBam: 8:06am On Feb 22, 2020
angry Stay in Nigeria, divide the money into two (#10M), Put One in Fixed Deposit Account and Establish Business with the remaining part (#10M) and Pray to God to bless it for you. Going abroad with #20M doesn't determine Success.

Good Luck

Meanwhile, Are you looking for TRUSTED and RELIABLE Data Seller. Check My Profile or Signature MTN and 9mobile Data Is AVAILABLE At Lowest Price.
We're Doing This Business With Honesty, Sincerity, Transparency And God's Fearing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Muhylonaire(m): 8:06am On Feb 22, 2020
Kai.
This early morning, abeg no put us for additional depression o. Man wey grad for school at 23/24 self never get 500k for account self.
If you are from Benin, I know your source of income. Anyways, 20m no be small money, just use it well.
Everyone go dey alright last last.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 22, 2020
Hi, I think I might be in a good position to answer this question. I am two years older than you now, I moved to America on my 20th birthday. I just graduated from college last year.

Short answer: MOVE!!
Let's say you move
At 25 yrs old, you re still a baby. What is you life mission?
Money? There re 11 million millionaires in America(2/3 of lagosians) and most are in their thirties. In the whole of African continent only 144 thousands millionaire out 1 billion ppl. Nigeria has about 500.
Quality of life?
Average life expectancy here is almost 80 yrs unlike where you are right now with 53 yrs (at 25 yrs old 50% your life gone).
Your worth as american vs naija
$59,000.00 gdp per cap
$2000.00 gdp per cap

It will be a struggle at first but I promise you it is nothing compared to struggle in a third world. Your struggle here is different from the struggle in Nigeria; basic things such as food, water, housing, electricity and even car will never be a problem. You concentrating in school and not getting carried away might be the struggle for you. I said this cos I noticed naija guys that achieve little thing back home wants same life real quick here with out going through the process. If you have same mindset stay tf back home. Also choose the right field in school too. My suggestion: computer, medical ( do something that get you a Certificate)

4-5 years from now (29-30) your life will be amazing.Aleast as a graduate with above college field is 60k and above a year (21 million naira) You will make your money back with a better life.You can literally afford anything anybody in most part of the world can afford.

I have been to Nigeria twice since I moved here, i swear to God what people define as development in Nigeria is not, it's just hype including lekki this or that.Nothing has changed since I left Nigeria and nothing will happen anytime soon. Yes there will be few road construction here and there and block houses but my brother pack your bag and get tf out!! It is home and will always be home. You can always visit or move back if you feel like it.

Ps: I assume you are so sure visa will be given to you if you haven't or not sure. I want to remind to remind you that American visa is hard and it's better to improve your life in Nigeria than throw away money for visa

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by hakeem4(m): 8:07am On Feb 22, 2020
with 20 million Naira you can start a very good business. Please do not make the mistake of using your money to travel abroad. There is nothing there.

stay in Nigeria, invest the money, after 2-3 when you have made profit you can now travel to USA, UK and other advanced country for vacation.

but to live in USA?? is a big no

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by explosiveskull(m): 8:07am On Feb 22, 2020
Make I join you na even if na to be your nanny.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo / Two Men cling To A Moving Car In Order To Settle An Issue in Lagos (Pix, Video) / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.