Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria (32630 Views)

Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos / This Is What The 2018 Kia Optima Station Wagon Looks Like (photos) / Photos Of Keke Made & Assembled In Gombe State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Birikiti: 12:02pm On May 05, 2017
Seems to me that the one shown in the advert picture looks much better than the one being unveiled!

Ok maybe they should add more pictures for a proper appraisal
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by veraponpo(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2017
decatalyst:

Because they assemble here?

Don't die of hypertension.

What else do you want them to do here?

All cars are assembled. Parts of cars are manufactured by different companies depending on their area of specialty.

Calm down. You don't want it in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 05, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
They shouldn't be afraid to put the most important thing there....

PRICE!!!

At 8 - 15 Million Naira or even more, they know 90% of Nigerians can't afford it. Sad angry

Can 90% white people also afford it? Is it not financing them they do up and down?
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by veraponpo(m): 12:04pm On May 05, 2017
DarkRider:
But why?

How is this an achievement for Nigeria? rather it's an achievement for Kia since its easier and cheaper to ship car parts than fully assembled cars.

Because it forms part of Made in Nigeria products

Because it reduces the number of imported cars and thereby saves our FX spending

Because it gives us more favourable balance of trade

Because it creates employments

1 Like

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by veraponpo(m): 12:06pm On May 05, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

Kia ??

Sorry, we only know innoson motors

Innoson motors is the real deal, others are wheelbarrows

You and who knows innoson?

Does your friend use Innoson

Does your father ( sorry for this) use Innoson?

Do you use Innoson cars?

Innoson, whether you admit or not, is a local brand while KIA is an international brand with presence in over 50 countries, to be modest.

So, take that bitter pile, friend.

1 Like

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Bitterleafsoup: 12:07pm On May 05, 2017
Thank you GEJ
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by GeneralOjukwu: 12:07pm On May 05, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Can 90% white people also afford it? Is it not financing them they do up and down?

uh? You might be right...Even with financing,

Our minimum wage at $38, when will you complete payments on a Toyota Camry ($22,000) base model ?...

I didn't even add the cost of importation.

Compare that to America's minimum wage...and get back to me grin
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by gabe: 12:18pm On May 05, 2017
Car assembly means jobs,taxes and cheaper cars. Car parts are made in china and assembled in the US, so i don't know whats bugging some people. When you hear car manufacture or any kind of manufacturing for that matter, it entails the assembly of parts from different companies eg tires from pirelli in italy, engine parts from kia, electronics from toshiba, music/speakers/video from bang and olufsen etc. Same with smartphones, processor from quallcoom, antenna/nfc et al from blackberry, camera from carl zeiss etc. And lest i forget, nice policy thrust from GEJ. His trade/investment minister spent time/energy on this...

2 Likes

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 05, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

uh? You might be right...Even with financing,

Our minimum wage at $38, when will you complete payments on a Toyota Camry ($22,000) base model ?...

I didn't even add the cost of importation.

Compare that to America's minimum wage...and get back to me grin

Well I have never been to america but in Canada, I won't expect you to be getting $13/hr and go for such latest car and start financing where u have lots of bills to pay rent, hydro, phone bill, internet, gf and car bill join. How person go survive with that?
90% Nigerians can also afford d car if govt can intervene
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by GeneralOjukwu: 12:30pm On May 05, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Well I have never been to america but in Canada, I won't expect you to be getting $13/hr and go for such latest car and start financing where u have lots of bills to pay rent, hydro, phone bill, internet, gf and car bill join. How person go survive with that?
90% Nigerians can also afford d car if govt can intervene

Let us assume you remove $ 10 from your 13/ hour for taxes, bills etc. Multiply $ 3 by 8 hours a DAY = $24 AFTER tax.

That is almost what someone else here in Nigeria would make in 1 month BEFORE taxes.

Hope you now see the gap in your initial argument? It is hard to buy a brand new car anywhere. But far more difficult, here.
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Afobear: 12:31pm On May 05, 2017
MisterLomantic:
What/Who/Where is Innoson motors? Is it the name of a street?
who is your daddy ?

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by ekensi01: 12:37pm On May 05, 2017
Shortyy:
Mine is on the way
Who you want go task now?
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by DarkRider: 12:48pm On May 05, 2017
[quote author=veraponpo post=56231306]

Because it forms part of Made in Nigeria products; a car assembled in Nigeria isn't a made in Nigeria good; it was made wherever the parts originated from. I hope u know that most of not all motorcycles on Nigerian roads are assembled in Nigeria. Yet there are no made in Nigeria motorcycles.

Because it reduces the number of imported cars and thereby saves our FX spending; the imported parts were bought with FX, or better still the money used to buy the supposed made in Nigeria car. Would still return to Kia motors abroad.

Because it gives us more favourable balance of trade; what??

Because it creates employments; Well I can agree with this one.

Well my main issue with this is how the op is hyping the "acheivement" like its one kind of landmark event
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 05, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Let us assume you remove $ 10 from your 13/ hour for taxes, bills etc. Multiply $ 3 by 8 hours a DAY = $24 AFTER tax.

That is almost what someone else here in Nigeria would make in 1 month BEFORE taxes.

Hope you now see the gap in your initial argument? It is hard to buy a brand new car anywhere. But far more difficult, here.

Are you a analyst? Thou I agreed with you 100%.
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by CXLVII: 12:50pm On May 05, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

Kia ??

Sorry, we only know innoson motors

Innoson motors is the real deal, others are wheelbarrows

grin grin grin

You re very funny!

I know you won't even accept innoson if u were given as a gift.

We both know its scrap
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by VeniJu: 1:05pm On May 05, 2017
nandyz:
I love this.. Please God pick up my Cal sir
What exactly is the call for?
So u can start assembling recharge cards or what?

On a serious note, a country like 9ja should have a plant. And not just an assembly ground.
It's just like buying food from a fast food joint and eating it at home thinkin that u're now a good cook.
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by obua: 1:19pm On May 05, 2017
2shure:
Kia are just copy cats
go and copy, and let us see
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by nkemjacob2(m): 1:46pm On May 05, 2017
wen OBJ was in power most companies closed down.....during jonathan tenure he revive some before he was defeated.... yet pple still compare OBJ tenure with GEJ...
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Emperor4tune(m): 1:48pm On May 05, 2017
the difference is very clear proudly assembled in 9ja not proudly made in 9ja....so sad i no dat one idiot will be in a corner feeling happy dat 9ja don manufacture car may be with a bottle of beer bought on credit
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by smoothlips(m): 1:48pm On May 05, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
right, "assembled in nigeria"

like im supposed to be amused
thank you jarii....
"proudly assembled in Nigeria" our mediocre level is now very alarming
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Dollabiz: 1:53pm On May 05, 2017
Nice one
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by naijajobx: 2:08pm On May 05, 2017
wow
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 05, 2017
DarkRider:
But why?

How is this an achievement for Nigeria? rather it's an achievement for Kia since its easier and cheaper to ship car parts than fully assembled cars.

It's good. Half an egg is better than none.

They employed Nigerians and paid taxes.
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 05, 2017
CXLVII:

grin grin grin

You re very funny!

I know you won't even accept innoson if u were given as a gift.

We both know its scrap

I'll more than accept this IVM, I'll buy it.

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by klashe(m): 2:40pm On May 05, 2017
Waiting for my dream car to be released. #KIA_Stinger2018
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 05, 2017
Afobear:
who is your daddy ?
A baller. Who's your father?

2 Likes

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Afobear: 3:09pm On May 05, 2017
MisterLomantic:
A baller. Who's your father?
shattap......see your daddy here ....ballarnle my ass

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by chiteny(m): 3:39pm On May 05, 2017
NO MATTER WHAT THEY UNVEIL, I AIN'T BUYING THEIR TOYS (BOTH KIA AND HYUNDAI).
Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by oza20(m): 4:22pm On May 05, 2017
Excus me plix! This one no follow. I'll clap 1,000 times the day a nigerian will manufacture an engine from scrach to finish.

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 05, 2017
Afobear:
shattap......see your daddy here ....ballarnle my ass
Of course, another Nairalander who thinks everyone is as poor and he is. Me I no get your time.

2 Likes

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by EnkayDezign: 5:05pm On May 05, 2017
Why are we celebrating vehicle assembly in 2017?

Re: Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria by diva90: 5:37pm On May 05, 2017
Not a fan of this new look. I prefer the older look of sportage . The front of this 2018 is ugly

But wettin concern me, I'm just here saving money for my Benz grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope / Rolls Royce Phantom: The Official Car Of Ooni Of Ife / Another Fuel Tanker Tumbles On Lekki Epe Express Way [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.