Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

To Love And To Hold (short Series) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Love And To Hold (short Series) (11528 Views)

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / Million Shades Of Temi (short series) / To Love And Kill (story Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by reereespace(f): 3:57pm On May 13, 2017
Hi, I know my updates are not regular but I've been really doing a lot lately and no constant of power supply, right now I'm writing this chapter in a vigil, because I don't know when else I can be able to charge and type so yeah and I have been battling heart break and an emotionally abusive relationship (my chesssst) but I'm fine sha. I'm sorry I keep y'all waiting all the time *chop Kiss *

Yes o, he asked me to make dinner.
Emelda fell asleep right before I could start making dinner, so I decided to take her upstairs to sleep, I wanted to wash the rice first , I was washing the rice when Mr Akin came into the kitchen
"Emelda's already sleeping, bring her let her sleep on my legs "
I turn to look, please am I dreaming?
I carry her slowly over to her dad's, I still don't believe this, I hand her over and eye him suspiciously.
"Continue the cooking, i'll not eat her up joor " he says and I laugh. I didn't think so.

Dinner is served and emelda is awake now, she can smell food from her dreams and she doesn't eat much o, just to play with the food. I dish my food, so I could go eat in my room.
"Where are you going? Mr Akin asks as I walk past the living room, with emelda on the other hand, she can walk now but with support sha and plenty staggering.
"I'm going to my room " I answer, emelda keeps tucking at my skirt, so I look down to see that she has removed one of her shoe and she cannot get it back on by herself, I raise my head back up to see Mr Akin standing right in front of me trying to collect my plate of food, he is too close ,i cant breathe, he leans forward a little " o.m.g I can't breathe, did I brush this morning, I can't even kiss " i think and start to sweat, I lean closer and just as he was about to put his hands around my neck to kiss me ,emelda starts to yell "Ma ma ma ma" I look down, I had totally forgotten about her.
"We are having dinner together ma "I bend to help emelda with her shoe, I feel like slapping her for interrupting my kiss moment!.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Toyin223(f): 5:28pm On May 13, 2017
Wonderful Pls Nxt
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Missmossy(f): 6:48pm On May 13, 2017
Interesting keep it coming cheesy
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Toyin223(f): 1:09pm On May 16, 2017
We Ar Waiting Nxt Pls
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by reereespace(f): 5:00pm On May 17, 2017
Hi, I know my updates are not regular but I've been really doing a lot lately and no constant of power supply, right now I'm writing this chapter in a vigil, because I don't know when else I can be able to charge and type so yeah and I have been battling heart break and an emotionally abusive relationship (my chesssst) but I'm fine sha. I'm sorry I keep y'all waiting all the time *chop Kiss *

Yes o, he asked me to make dinner.
Emelda fell asleep right before I could start making dinner, so I decided to take her upstairs to sleep, I wanted to wash the rice first , I was washing the rice when Mr Akin came into the kitchen
"Emelda's already sleeping, bring her let her sleep on my legs "
I turn to look, please am I dreaming?
I carry her slowly over to her dad's, I still don't believe this, I hand her over and eye him suspiciously.
"Continue the cooking, i'll not eat her up joor " he says and I laugh. I didn't think so.

Dinner is served and emelda is awake now, she can smell food from her dreams and she doesn't eat much o, just to play with the food. I dish my food, so I could go eat in my room.
"Where are you going? Mr Akin asks as I walk past the living room, with emelda on the other hand, she can walk now but with support sha and plenty staggering.
"I'm going to my room " I answer, emelda keeps tucking at my skirt, so I look down to see that she has removed one of her shoe and she cannot get it back on by herself, I raise my head back up to see Mr Akin standing right in front of me trying to collect my plate of food, he is too close ,i cant breathe, he leans forward a little " o.m.g I can't breathe, did I brush this morning, I can't even kiss " i think and start to sweat, I lean closer and just as he was about to put his hands around my neck to kiss me ,emelda starts to yell "Ma ma ma ma" I look down, I had totally forgotten about her.
"We are having dinner together ma "I bend to help emelda with her shoe, I feel like slapping her for interrupting my kiss moment!.
" please Derinsola " Mr Akin repeats with a cute face I can't refuse
"Okay, but please don't bore me to death" I say with a stern face.
Dinner goes by quietly for some minutes and then he goes
"Tell me your story " I look at him wondering where that came from, or where to start, that I am an orphan with a sick sister and a broken heart
I look at him and the concern on his face is so real, I almost want to cry
"I want to know everything, Derinsola"
Urrgggh when he calls me Derinsola, shivers run down my spine.
I hit emelda's hands off her food, that was the distraction I needed from crying, I frown at her then she looks at her dad with a fake crying face and points at me

"Look at who's ganging up against me oo" I say and clap my hands, I can't tell him about how I've failed in life
He laughs and says she's a bad baby sitter and stubborn emelda pretends to hear him and continues picking her food
"I sigh, tell me your story instead "I ask wondering if what the media says about him is true.
He tells me everything about how he had to work so hard to get to where he is now, how he was born poor (I used to think he has being rich ever since) ,he even tells me about how emelda's mum died at childbirth and how much he loved / loves her because I can see his eyes sparkle when he talks about her and I feel a new kind of feeling, I feel jealous.
I laugh, awwwwwed at some, laughed out loud at many and emelda disturbed us at some,i had to put her down to walk her sorrows away.
Dinner is over and I packed the plates to the kitchen
"I'll wash them " Mr Akin Offered
I was so happy because I was dead tired, but I had to refuse because I am paid to help yet
"No really, Derinsola let me do it "
"Washing clears my head " he adds and I smile. I take emelda upstairs, she is throwing tantrums but I need to shower her and take her to bed, she is too hyper for someone that was sick recently.
" can we talk a little after she has slept? He asks
"Yeah sure " I answer and rush off to tantrum throwing emelda.

*Mr Akin's p.o.v *
I can't stop thinking about the way she smiles, the love she has for emelda is so real, I wonder if Kemi didnt send her from heaven to help me raise emelda, one of this days I should call Kenneth to thank him for bringing her to me .
" She is so beautiful " I say out loud, where did that come from I wonder
I have to remind myself that i owe Kemi love, even if she is dead, I can't get over her ,I really was in love with her
Why does death take the nicest people?
I rinse the last plate off the sink when I hear my phone ring
-" Hello " I pick without checking the caller's i.d
- Akin, I am at the beach house where are you?
-"I'm home, moji? " I ask recognising the familiar voice
-"I'm waiting be fast it's cold " she says nd ends the call.
I quickly rush upstairs to get my car keys and change my shorts.

2 Likes

Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by reereespace(f): 5:01pm On May 17, 2017
*Back To Derin's P.o.v *
I finally put emelda to bed after plenty begging and threatening that a monster will come to eat her up if she doesn't sleep, I pretended to sleep too out of fear and that was what made her finally agree to sleep.
I walk downstairs and the house is unusually silent, No t.v playing loud, I check the kitchen and it's clean, the plates has been washed and no sign of Mr Akin
I wait for some minutes in the living room still no sign of him
"Maybe I should put the t.v on so he could know I'm here waiting " I think to myself
I put on the t.v and wait still no sign of him, so I decided to go upstairs to check him, he probably fell asleep, I walk upstairs and knock on his door
- No reply
I knock again
- no reply
I knock again
-No reply
I push the door a little and open it, it's empty, no water sound in the bathroom, I open the bathroom.door, empty too
I sigh and walk back to my room
I should have known it was mere wishful thinking for me to have thought that He would want to have anything to do with me, but why does it hurt tho?
Maybe he was kidnapped!?
I run downstairs out of the house to the security's
"Abubakar Abubakar " I call loudly
I knock on his door, still no answer
I knock even loudly and then he answers sluggishly " madam "
"Where oga? "
" he drive comomot " he answers wiping sleep off his face, I shake my head and he goes back to sleep
This is someone that is paid to watch the house oo .
I lay on my mind and I allow the tears run down freely, God just have mercy and change my story I cry and pray repeatedly.
My phone beeps
" Hi Derinsola, I'm sorry I had to rush.out....see you in the morning " Il
I read the text and I feel half of the pain reducing
Thank you Jesus I say and allow myself fall asleep .
I wake up to plenty noise from downstairs, immediately I wake, emelda wakes up too crying, the noise must have woken her, I pick her up and go downstairs
"Joro, what's happening ?" I ask as I notice joro and other people packing stuffs
"Akin was in an accident, we need to get things to the hospital for him" he answers
"Please make some sausages and tea for him " he adds
I drop emelda down and get to work," how did this even happen? Why was he out so late? " and many other questions keep crossing my mind.
We finish and we're off to the hospital we're in the reception, the nurses say he can't see anybody now, he just had a blood transfusion and is slowly waking up
I silently pray all the prayers I know how to pray.
I notice a lady seated next to us is for Mr Akin too, I want to ask joro who she is but joro is so tense he can't even talk.
Emelda is walking about playing as if her father isn't in the i.c.u
The doctor comes out and all of us stand up
"Who is family to Mr Akin? " he asks, I wanted to raise my hands and say me but just because we had dinner together and almost kiss doesn't make us family, I shake my head and sit down .
"I'm sure Akin would want to see me " the other lady that looks really familiar says and eyes me.
She leaves with the doctor throwing me hateful stares.
She really looks familiar

2 Likes

Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Toyin223(f): 8:48pm On May 17, 2017
Tank U Pls More
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by kemam(f): 11:07pm On May 17, 2017
Following
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by kemam(f): 11:07pm On May 17, 2017
Following Nice story
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by reereespace(f): 1:19pm On May 18, 2017
[/color]Hi Hi Hi, I want to apologise for posting twice, I didn't see the first one because nairaland kept me it was too long so I had to cut into two cry
well I also want to thank all of you amazing people!!! I'm sorry for all the typos I'm not using my glasses so I'm almost typing blindly lol and pov means point of view.
also check out my new series Sugar daddy chronicles 18+
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by reereespace(f): 1:23pm On May 18, 2017
To Love and To Hold 9

" I'm sorry dear " Adeola says from the other end of the phone as I gist her on new happenings.
" I haven't seen him but the nurses say he's fine, he just sustained few injuries but he should be ready to go home by tomorow or next  " I tell her ,noticing an incoming call .
" let me call you back ,My phone is ringing " I say and end the call, Its chuma calling ,I pick the call
" Hey dearie " he says
" Hello, Good afternoon" I answer
- " How are you? "
-" I'm fine, how are you? "
- " I'm good too , I was at your house last night to drop flowers but I saw a man drive out so I changed my mind , I thought you were single" he says more like asking
- " My boss " I say without thinking
-" Your boss at your house? at that time?" He asks suspiciously , I end the call because I knew I was trapped and had nothing to say. I start to get emelda ready to go back to the hospital ,I wonder what to tell Chuma as he calls repeatedly , I cannot continue to ignore his calls or lie to him.
" God help me " I mutter as I pack lunch for Akin and Joro.
My phone beeps. 
" babe I've been straight forward with you, Don't play me ,you know how I feel ,you know how much I'm into you "
I smile ,Chuma is such a nice guy, I hate lying to him but I wonder if he would still be nice guy Chuma if he discovers that I am a poor orphan with a Dying sister.
I ignore more calls from him and put my phone on silent.
" Abeg , I dey go hospital, take care" I say to abubakar as I leave the house
" OK. Greet Oga for me  " he answers in his funny Hausa accent.
I close the gate and notice a car pulling into our driveway , I watch the car park and chuma comes down from it.
" please why have you been ignoring me? " he asks as soon as he gets to me , he pulls emelda's cheeks playful and she laughs.
" I'm on my way to the hospital, My boss was in an accident" I answer
" can we talk on our way there or should I drop you and wait so we can have dinner and talk about it ?" He asks with pleading eyes, I nod a yes ,he collects Emelda while we walk to his car.

He's quiet on the drive to the hospital and I wonder what he's thinking  , I clear my throat
" chuma, I have something to tell you" I  say.
" okay I'm listening dear " he answers , I turn to look at Emelda and gather courage from her playful smile
" I work as a babysitter in that house ,I'm actually an orphan and I don't own the house neither is Emelda mine " I say shakily and hastily.
He goes quiet staring at me intensely with his hands clutching the steering. If looks could kill.

Suddenly a truck overtakes us and yells an insult at him, he turns back to face the road , I sigh .
He drops me off at the hospital without a word or even a goodbye  , I watch him leave. " I knew nice guy Chuma wouldn't be the same if he found out " I say to Emelda as if she understands.
I walk into the hospital to see everybody seated at the reception including Akin.
"What happened? " I asked
"I've been calling you all day, you didn't pick up" Joro answers
"Did you at least get my texts? " Mr Akin adds
"No I didn't " I answer bringing out my phone from my bag to see several calls and messages
"Oh"
I sigh and apologise for the hundredth time as we walk out of the hospital to get a taxi to take us home. They had texted me to let abubakar drive me in the bus to the hospital so we can bring Akin home, I asked them to let me go back to bring the bus with abubakar but Akin says he cannot stand hospitals so we decided to take cabs.
We get to the gate of the hospital and I see chuma's car parked by the gate, I walk towards the car and knock at the window, he opens it and kisses my forehead
"I'm sorry babe" he says sympathetically
I smile and beg him to drop Akin at home while me and joro get a cab, he grumbles about not working for my boss but he agrees .
" My friend has agreed to take you home sir" I tell Akin
He grumbles and eyes me angrily before giving in
"Joro you take a cab, Me and Derinsola will go with him " he says to joro and we. Leave.
The ride home is awfully quiet, me and emelda are in the back seat and Chuma keeps stealing glances at me while Akin keeps sending deadly stares at Chuma, if the atmosphere wasn't this tense I would have laughed so hard, At least emelda is having a good time.
I thank Chuma and wave him goodbye as he drops us home and rush in to go inside the house as it is drizzling.
"Why is everywhere so unkept?" Mr Akin asks angrily as I enter the house, I pretend not to hear and carry emelda so we could go upstairs
" Derinsola, I am talking to you " he yells angrily starling me and causing me to shake with fear, this is someone that is just recovering o.
"I'll clean up after I clean emelda up" I say stuttering
" Emelda is not a baby, clean up now! " he yells again
"Okay sir " I say in a tiny voice and drop emelda down.

•* AKIN'S POV * •
I hate that smile she has on her face because of him, I hate to be in the same car with the man trying to steal my woman, did I just call her my woman? Urrgggh i hate what she does to me and pretends as if she doesn't know.
I'm glad to be out of that antiseptic smelling hospital .
I walk into the living room and everywhere smells of her! Urrgggh I hate that she has so much power over me.
I hate to scream at her but I'm trying to build a defence against her, I was in the hospital because of her, I agree I forgot we were supposed to talk but I remembered on my way and I tried to make a sharp turn but I didn't see the road block so I turned sharply and hit the road block and the last thing I saw was her. Derinsola.
I didn't mean to scream at her,the way she answered shakily, I felt like hugging her from behind
"Emelda is not a baby anymore, start cleaning now " I yell again, my defence mechanism is so bad.

2 Likes

Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Toyin223(f): 4:54pm On May 18, 2017
Dat's Love
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by mercyymai(f): 8:34pm On May 18, 2017
y is the update slow? anyway! I can help reading dz story
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by nastyd(m): 1:17am On May 19, 2017
Great story so far OP...Good 2b here.
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by reereespace(f): 11:27am On May 19, 2017
To Love and to Hold 10.
I go into my room and sit on the couch close to the window "I hate what you do to me" I mutter
My phone beeps, it's a message
"Hey love, just left the hospital, I was told you had been discharged, want me to come make you feel better? "
I smirk ,i think about Derinsola
"Yes come over " I press send and hit the shower.

* BACK TO DERIN'S POV *
I finish cleaning and sweeping, I open n the fridge and pour myself a glass of cold orange juice, " I am so tired baby " I say to emelda but she's not even listening, the door bell rings and emelda runs to the door, I follow her
"Hi hi" immediately the door opens and comes in
"Sit down, let me get Mr Akin " I say closing the door behind her.
" oh no, he's expecting me " she says walking upstairs
"Oh" was the only thing that I could say as I watched her walk upstairs.
I finally put emelda to sleep admist all the moaning sounds coming from Mr Akin's room.
How can he do this knowing is daughter is just a room from his, I clean the tears that rolled from my eyes
"Have I been crying? " I ask my self, I sniff in and call Adeola, I tell her everything and she calls me love sick, I laugh and we talk about other things
That's why I love her!.

It's been two weeks and I haven't really seen Mr Akin apart from the few times which he comes to pick or drop clothes for Joro to take to the dry cleaners and he tried as much as possible to avoid me those few times, I tried to avoid him too.
It's Saturday now and Chuma came back from south africa yesterday and he has been asking me to come out for lunch, I accepted yesterday as long as he let me come with emelda.
It's going to be her first birthday next month and I hope Mr Akin let's us have a little princess party for herbal
I look at the mirror and adjust my Jean a little, button up my high low chiffon top
" I think I look hot" I say to emelda who just keeps walking walking about, I grab her, lay her on the bed and tickle her, she laughs and her laugh is so sweet,i continue tickling her and finally lay next to her on the bed, she climbs on me and starts kissing me cheeks and trying to tickle, I had to laugh, she keeps tickling me and I keep laughing
" well done " I hear a voice say, I sit up to see Mr Akin
"There's a door so people can knock sir " I say harshly as I grab my bag and carry emelda
" the door was wide open " he answers meekly
" Where are you going? " he adds
"I'm going out for lunch with Chuma " I answer, hoping he doesn't say no
" Okay " he answers and walk back to his room.
I sigh and leave

1 Like

Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by reereespace(f): 11:28am On May 19, 2017
I come back and I'm surprised to meet Mr Akin's car still parked in the compound.
" welcome " He says as soon as I enter step into the living room.
"Good evening " I greet in response
" thank God you know it's evening, miss night crawler " he answers and grabs emelda from me.
" please fix me dinner " he adds.
I sigh, drop my bag and my phone on the dining table and walk into the kitchen to make dinner for him. I hear my phone beep but I'm too occupied with dinner to find out what it was for.
Mr Akin is already seated on the dinning so I serve him dinner
" I hope you had fun with him " he asks as I put his plate on the table in the front of him.
" I don't understand " I answer, he just smiles and start dishing his food, he mutters something about too much drama, I just walk upstairs with my bag and phone leaving emelda with him.
I shower and change into my night dress,i finally pick my phone and see a read text
" Thanks for tonight, you and emelda were great company, hope you had fun? "
I laugh out loud and shake my head, he can sleep with girls and disappear for two weeks, just because I went out now he's forming boss, I drop the phone and lie down.
" Derinsola " I kept hearing my name in my dream so I wake up to hear Mr Akin calling me.
I rub my eyes and quickly run downstairs,
" Sir " I answer
He doesn't answer but keeps staring at me like a hungry lion, I look down at myself to realise I was still wearing my skimpy night dress
I raise my eyebrows and repeat the sir again, he hands emelda over to me
" clean her up and put her to bed "
I turn to go upstairs and feel his eyes boring holes into my soul.

I wake up and it's Sunday, I decide to go for church today so I dress up and go downstairs, I remember I forgot to take my purse so I drop emelda and go back upstairs to get it only for me to come down to Meet Mr Akin In the living room
" another date? " he asks frowning
" Good morning sir, no sir, we're going to church " I answer with a fake smile
" oh okay I'm coming along, wait for me to bath and get dressed " he answers rushing upstairs to get ready.
I grumble to emelda till he comes and we leave in his car with joro driving us.

Church was great apart from people taking pictures of us anyhow and some begging for autographs, who does that in Nigeria sef? I stand through the whole ordeal and wait for his " paparazzi" to be over.
I raise my hands in the air as we finally get into the car and I scream
" hallelujah ", he laughs and emelda tries to copy me. Luckily church has changed his moods.
" Derinsola, I'm sorry for My attitude So far, I've just been under lot of pressure " How he says sympathetically as we get into the house
" Awwwww Awwww, No problem " I answer smiling genuinely
" Hug? " he asks with a wide smile
" ok hug " I answer as we hug and I feel something poke me in my tummy area, I clear my throat and he catches the drift and releases me.
I smile awkwardly and walk to my room
" common hug o " I say to myself as I enter my room.

3 Likes

Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Toyin223(f): 12:15pm On May 19, 2017
Hmmm Love Is Great
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by mercyymai(f): 11:13pm On May 22, 2017
reereespace:
!.

u can at least do something and make the update a bit regular not like leaving us like a week without update.

1 Like

Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Shakyroh320(f): 9:12am On May 23, 2017
thanks for the update, kip it coming dear
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Toyin223(f): 9:49pm On May 25, 2017
Pls Post Naw Y Ar U Doin Lik Dis
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Toyin223(f): 4:52am On Jun 01, 2017
Reereepace Pls Wen Ar U Goin To Post Again
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Desluv(m): 6:13am On Jun 01, 2017
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by Toyin223(f): 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
Reereespace When Ar U Coming Back To Continue Dis Story
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by kalajina(m): 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
wish I can be invited
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by SapphireSultana(f): 6:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nice story grin
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by aluma(m): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2018
All dis Nairaland writers una too sabi suspense jor
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by dejonathan(f): 8:47am On Mar 07, 2018
Wen are u gonna continue dis story na
Ahah
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by aprilwise(m): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2018
it a great story nd a good lines.
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by umuaja(f): 10:51am On Mar 07, 2018
I love this I need more of it pls.
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by PrudySara(f): 11:25am On Mar 07, 2018
Please come and complete this story naaaa
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by reereespace(f): 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
yaaay I made front page i've forgotten all about this story sef but I'm sorry, I'll continue asap .
Re: To Love And To Hold (short Series) by dejonathan(f): 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
reereespace:
yaaay I made front page
i've forgotten all about this story sef but I'm sorry, I'll continue asap .
leave FP nd post something

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

**The Begining Of The End** My First Story / How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness / Soyinka Wins The Europe Theatre Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.