Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

"They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor (1008 Views)

Mimi Stevenson: Burn Survivor And Her Two Kids Melt Hearts On Social Media / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / Fire Burn Survivor Whose Baby Bump pics went viral gives Birth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor by ebusfav: 6:42pm On May 05, 2017
A burn survivor @utbbae, has taken to social media to sickly demeanor has gotten her in and out of the hospital. Utbbae, who revealed the challenges burn survivors face in the society, revealed that she gets disgusting stares, gasps and all kinds of reactions everyday.

In one of her posts that has been deleted, she wrote;

"They call you beautiful but when they see your scars, they start acting differently."

According to her, she has learnt to live with all that, because being a burning survivor doesn't make you ugly, rather it makes you strong. Here are some of her posts;

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/they-call-you-beautiful-but-act.html

Lalasticlala

Re: "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:46pm On May 05, 2017
Who even care how people stare at her? She is healthy and should COUNT HER BLESSINGS, and focus on more important issues in her life, instead of that nonsense. Even people without scars get the odd look from strangers.

1 Like

Re: "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2017
Hhmm
Re: "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor by mctowel01: 6:50pm On May 05, 2017
She is just suffering from low self eateem as she attatches her esteem to her outward appearance. Obasanjo is not the best looking, but he is the last person to shy away because of his looks

1 Like

Re: "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor by GloriaNinja(f): 6:55pm On May 05, 2017
undecided SHE SHOULD EMBRACE HERSELF AND NOT ACT STUPID ON SOCIAL MEDIA, PEOPLE NOW POST ANY RUBBISH ON SOCIAL MEDIA, EITHER THEY ARE IN THE BATH ROOM, TOILET, KITCHEN AND IN THE OZA ROOM, THEY MUST POST. NAWAO.

2 Likes

Re: "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor by pocohantas(f): 7:12pm On May 05, 2017
No one is perfect dear.
People must stare, that's what the eyes are for.
Some people are dead...
One has been trending on front page for being a 'dwarf'.
You're alive, you're a survivor, that's all that matters.

Live your life...

1 Like

Re: "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 05, 2017
Well I think she's beautiful because of her scars. They have a story of their own
Re: "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor by Mznaett: 10:01pm On May 05, 2017
My family wouldn't have mind those scars on my uncle and his family if only they had survived theirs...sad

It is well...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter / Household Items For Sale / Wow, Lady Shares Adorable Photo Of Her Baby Bump And Then Her Beautiful Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.