Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Iro O! Miley Cyrus Gives Life To Christ; Dumps Rap Music And Twerking - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iro O! Miley Cyrus Gives Life To Christ; Dumps Rap Music And Twerking (552 Views)

Toyin Lawani Twerks To Olamide's Pawon. Fan Tells Her To Give Her Life To Christ / Sugar Mummy: Teni Rocks Lace Iro And Buba In New Video Shoot / Heavily Curvy Nigerian Girls In Atlanta Release Hot Photos And Twerking Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iro O! Miley Cyrus Gives Life To Christ; Dumps Rap Music And Twerking by SynCityNg: 10:08pm On May 05, 2017
In Billboard’s new Miley Cyruscover story, the singer talks about the shifting sound of her music, away from the rap-adjacent pop of her last albumBangerz, as well as the psych-stonerisms of her free mixtape Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz, and into the “rootsy” pop-rock that we will hear next. Speaking specifically about how she now views rap music, Cyrus says:

But I also love that new Kendrick [Lamar] song [“Humble”]: “Show me somethin’ natural like ass with some stretch marks.” I love that because it’s not, “Come sit on my dick, suck on my cock.” I can’t listen to that anymore. That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much “Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock” — I am so not that.

Oh, boy.

It’s very clear, from this quote, that Miley Cyrus has still not spent much time, if any, reflecting on her relationship to rap music. She insinuates that latent materialism and misogyny in rap now rub her the wrong way, but she doesn’t acknowledge (or recognize?) her eagerness to contribute to that same wealth celebration and sexualization when she was making songs that flirted with rap imagery. “23,” a Mike Will Made-It song she sings the hook for, is a long advertisement of expensive sneakers, and her video for “We Can’t Stop,” though a demented fun-house masterpiece, further lustily engages in the same tropes she now condemns, and without any of the subversion one imagines she was aiming for...read on Syncityng.com ( under Literary Circle)

Re: Iro O! Miley Cyrus Gives Life To Christ; Dumps Rap Music And Twerking by Nature8(m): 11:11pm On May 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Iro O! Miley Cyrus Gives Life To Christ; Dumps Rap Music And Twerking by SynCityNg: 11:13pm On May 05, 2017
Nature8:
Ok

All right

(1) (Reply)

'i'm Just 25, I'm Not Your Role Model' -burna Boy Tells Fans / Omawumi Stuns African Print Attire In New Photos / Actress Anita Joseph Received Spiritual Vision About The Twins Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.