Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank (31573 Views)

UBA Wins Best Digital Bank In Africa, Thanks To Leo. / Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank / Wema Bank Launches Solar-powered Mobile Branch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Tundeobama(m): 12:09pm On May 06, 2017
i use wema in akwa ibom and delta even two years ago
einsteine:

Until last year, Wema was a regional bank and were only allowed to have branches in Abuja, South West and South South. But they have a national license now and they now have branches in the east.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Jascon4: 12:10pm On May 06, 2017
prettyboi1989:
the name ALAT is innovative and has the same pronounciation with alert. it basically would make opening of accounts easier and managing your account from home in real time

cheesy

Because Nigeirans pronounce 'Alert' as 'ALAT' doesn't make them same pronunciation. The pronunciation of both words are clearly distinctive, Sir.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by costandi(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2017
einsteine:

Until last year, Wema was a regional bank and were only allowed to have branches in Abuja, South West and South South. But they have a national license now and they now have branches in the east.
Wanted to receive a payment from Enugu last week. Was when I realised this.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by einsteine(m): 12:19pm On May 06, 2017
Tundeobama:
i use wema in akwa ibom and delta even two years ago

How does that contradict what I said. They were only allowed to operate in the south South, Abuja and South West because they were a regional bank. Early last year, they got a national license.

Delta and akwa ibom are in the south South.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by aieromon(m): 12:27pm On May 06, 2017
eipreel:

Not true sir...you can fund your account online as you can see from the screenshot of the dashboard the op posted

How do you fund the account for the first time? I'm assuming the person is a first time account opener without access to ATM cards on his other bank accounts.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by vosquare: 12:28pm On May 06, 2017
geekybabe:

Oh i think thats about to change. Considering they've got one of the best tech support in the country now. They're working with Andela in this.
No p.....
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by eipreel(f): 12:32pm On May 06, 2017
Jascon4:

I don't think you are entirely correct. One still needs to visit the branch to deposit cash.

The emboldened settles it sire. Apparently,there's no way you can pay cash into an account online but there are other cashless means of funding your account. That's my point!

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by eipreel(f): 12:34pm On May 06, 2017
aieromon:

How do you fund the account for the first time? I'm assuming the person is a first time account opener without access to ATM cards on his other bank accounts.

you didn't state your assumptions initially

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by G0dsent: 12:39pm On May 06, 2017
Am a bitcoin expert
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 06, 2017
Can I convert, let's say a three thousand nair a worth of recharge card to cash of similar value? Through ALAT system?
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by bodyandmindspa(f): 1:27pm On May 06, 2017
I think there are other features in this Wema digital banking but we will all know later..anyway nice one

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by hola106(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2017
we need beta innovation were we don't hv to use cash to buy good digital currency
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by dollarnaira: 1:37pm On May 06, 2017
waleyp:
YES YOU CAN DEPOSIT YOUR MONEY WHILE AT HOME,JUST PLACE THE AMOUNT YOU WANT TO DEPOSIT ON YOUR PHONE OR SYSTEM. LOL

Deposit is by cash transfer from another account.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by abbainfotech: 1:37pm On May 06, 2017
lrdval:
fresh food for street niggas....they should employ me for better encrypting ooooo...if not....some people will open ten accounts and load 1b inside each, and go to atm to withdraw...

Only if you can succeed in having two BVNs which is impossible

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Kingbusssy(m): 2:09pm On May 06, 2017
waleyp:
YES YOU CAN DEPOSIT YOUR MONEY WHILE AT HOME,JUST PLACE THE AMOUNT YOU WANT TO DEPOSIT ON YOUR PHONE OR SYSTEM. LOL

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by BenZyncla(m): 2:11pm On May 06, 2017
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey. It's a country of great entrepreneurs and business magnates. I still believe in this country, and I hope believe with me. Check my signature and we're ready take your enquires. That's our area of service. It's what we know how to do best.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by dharn10(m): 2:56pm On May 06, 2017
You are wrong if you know all the banks well.
vosquare:
Wema bank... One of the worst banks I know

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Maxing(m): 3:04pm On May 06, 2017
Mohammedbodija:
They re looking for customers....
B4!
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Fortissimo502: 3:16pm On May 06, 2017
Pretty sure they gave it that name because that's how some people pronounce alert.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by vosquare: 3:20pm On May 06, 2017
dharn10:
You are wrong if you know all the banks well.
I know all the banks well... undecided
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Revolva(m): 3:32pm On May 06, 2017
dem sef de do ponzi..sha....and its safe to do ponzi wit dem
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by bigt2(m): 3:55pm On May 06, 2017
lrdval:
fresh food for street niggas....they should employ me for better encrypting ooooo...if not....some people will open ten accounts and load 1b inside each, and go to atm to withdraw...
Must you snitch? angry

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Patosajad: 6:42pm On May 06, 2017
Yeah the bank is old, but the ideas and innovations deploying by the bank in the recent time is superb. I downloaded the apps and requested for my alat card immediately and this was delevered to my door step within a week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Tinyemeka(m): 6:50pm On May 06, 2017
costandi:
A staff of wema bank confirmed this. They have no branch in Enugu.

Sanusi introduced a policy which mandated banks by virtue of their capital base to be reclassified into regional, national and international banks. Wema closed shop in all Eastern and Northern locations. Focused their operations in the SW (not sure of the SS). They used to have a branch besides Access bank, along Ogui road, just before the stadium.

As for ALAT, I see it as a glorified mobile banking app that parasites on other bank's efforts/services.
Why do I say so? ALAT requires your BVN, which you must have done at another bank. To fund your account, you must have an already funded account elsewhere. You still have to go pick up your new ATM card from WEMA bank.

I have some questions:
If ALAT is truly a bank as claimed, can one access loans & credit, Trade services, FX services from them?
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by taryorh010: 8:59pm On May 06, 2017
Tinyemeka:

Sanusi introduced a policy which mandated banks by virtue of their capital base to be reclassified into regional, national and international banks. Wema closed shop in all Eastern and Northern locations. Focused their operations in the SW (not sure of the SS). They used to have a branch besides Access bank, along Ogui road, just before the stadium.

As for ALAT, I see it as a glorified mobile banking app that parasites on other bank's efforts/services.
Why do I say so? ALAT requires your BVN, which you must have done at another bank. To fund your account, you must have an already funded account elsewhere. You still have to go pick up your new ATM card from WEMA bank.

I have some questions:
If ALAT is truly a bank as claimed, can one access loans & credit, Trade services, FX services from them?

To talk of ATM (debit card) will be delivered to you @ ur doorstep.
FX n other resources are going to be added as time goes on.
Truly it's a cool app n nice innovation.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by taryorh010: 9:12pm On May 06, 2017
DisGuy:

Now this is innovative in the Nigerian context. tired of all these institutions collecting our addresses only to ask you at every opportunity to visit their branch physically to collect card, pin, change address etc

kudos
Ur card will be delivered free of charge at ur doorstep
Pin changing by ursef all in d App
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by GetMeRight: 9:23pm On May 06, 2017
costandi:
Wema bank that doesn't have a branch in Enugu.
Is that one a bank?
You're right. They're regional bank before, only in SW. They recently upgraded to national bank. They will soon be in every state of the federation.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by mikolo80: 10:17pm On May 06, 2017
obembet:
Hmmmm, this is great improvement but if u are a banker, save for ur back up, prepare for another cos your service may not be needed anymore ... This is gonna affect many bankers
you de mine d mumu dem. na designer shirt and woman den go de spend ontop instead of investing
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by DisGuy: 11:10pm On May 06, 2017
mikolo80:
you de mine d mumu dem. na designer shirt and woman den go de spend ontop instead of investing

why are you bothered about the lives of bankers..you are just a customer focus on your own business and life
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by DisGuy: 11:11pm On May 06, 2017
taryorh010:

Ur card will be delivered free of charge at ur doorstep
Pin changing by ursef all in d App

can they send it to Europe for a small fee? grin
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by discman2k2(m): 12:50am On May 07, 2017
This caption is highly deceptive. For one all Nigerian banks currently serve their teeming customers with the digital option of catalogues of online Banking services. Also, check out the advert it says"... all you need is a BVN & a Phone number "

Pls how do an intending customer acquire d BVN to use for their own account opening? Simply from the BVN provided from other banks after opening accounts with the banks.
So, their so-called innovation is nothing but dependent on a more efficient banks BVN provided to the to be WEMA banj customer. This is inefficient and outrightly novel novel.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by mikolo80: 2:51am On May 07, 2017
DisGuy:

why are you bothered about the lives of bankers..you are just a customer focus on your own business and life
why do they bother us with sack stories. did they share the money with us when they were misssending it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing / Tony Elumelu Engages Daughter In #TEFChallenge (Video) / Hilarious Phone Call Between A 419 Scammer And A Woman(audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.