Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (736 Views)

Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by bisoyeg(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2010
This question have been resounding in my mind for quite some time locally here i hear that Islam is a religion of peace but looking into details this doesnt reflect the statement,from history islam was propaganded through ''JIHAD'' which is a violent way of making other cultures and tribes accept the so called religion of peace through a warlike approach. few years back i lost 3 cousins of mine to the Kaduna riot the reason for the attack was because they are christians , with no hard feelings i think lights should be shed on this is [b]Islam really a religion of peace [/b] ?
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by MUNEER2(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2010
bisoyeg:

This question have been resounding in my mind for quite some time locally here i hear that Islam is a religion of peace but looking into details this doesnt reflect the statement,from history islam was propaganded through ''JIHAD'' which is a violent way of making other cultures and tribes accept the so called religion of peace through a warlike approach. few years back i lost 3 cousins of mine to the Kaduna riot the reason for the attack was because they are christians , with no hard feelings i think lights should be shed on this is [b]Islam really a religion of peace [/b] ?
Why do you need to worry people when you have provided answers to the questions you asked
I'm so sorry for your lost, but come to think of it, if some set of people practicing a religion is bad, does it mean the religion is bad itself? Are you telling me Christianity doesn't have its dark side, or white side?
The fact is, you should search for knowledge before making such conclusions like this('cos you have concluded already). The North issue you sited wasn't religious, it was political. I lost relatives that were Muslims there too, why did i not blame christianity for it, or are you telling me it's only Muslims that reside in North
Please, our fore-sight has to go beyond thinking like this, they won't do us any good, it will only result in continuous hatred, and this will always limit our horizon of thinking to what people on our side says. . .
Peace
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by AbuZola3(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2010
smiley
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by thetruth2(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
@post :

Islam is the greatest peaceful warmongering and hatemongering satanic cult in this world that has produced the greatest militants the world have ever seen. That has even produced a Nigerian Suicide bomber.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The moment Islam begin to face facts the better. Denying facts and veracity will never help.

grin grin grin
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by muhsin(m): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
Any religion with followers like the above poster (i.e. the_truth) is not worth following. Or at least needs to be appraised thoroughly.

(1) (Reply)

Status Of Women In Islam / Iyyaka Naaabudu Wa-iyyaka Nastaaaeenu - 4th Ayah Of The Quran / My Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.