Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? (36024 Views)

Photos Of Kwara State University Library Set To Be Unveiled / Ae-funai Scholars Donate Academic Materials To University Library / Which Nigerian University Has The Best Part Time Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by MaestroJosh: 3:49pm On May 06, 2017
The under construction kwasu library. The best in Africa
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Emyben(m): 3:59pm On May 06, 2017
Nnamdi Azikiwe University Library.
The biggest ICT library in West Africa
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Horlaarsco: 4:04pm On May 06, 2017
Wey Yabatech library
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by airsaylongcon: 4:08pm On May 06, 2017
smackimorn:
Covenant University

You don't have to search the entire building for a book, just search with the system. Visited few times

A simple Library Management System (probably Koha which is free o) is what is making u hail CU. Me in my small library at home sef I have a Library Management System. Content over effizzy please. But I concur that CU may be up there based on Nigerian standards
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2017
Unizik library

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by eternalcity(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2017
We cannot tell from the pictures posted. We need to do a survey before we can conclude

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by ChiscoCity(m): 4:13pm On May 06, 2017
Benue State University Library rocks
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by adajoe555: 4:18pm On May 06, 2017
Uniport cool
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by TheVictorious(m): 4:31pm On May 06, 2017
airsaylongcon:

A simple Library Management System (probably Koha which is free o) is what is making u hail CU. Me in my small library at home sef I have a Library Management System. Content over effizzy please. But I concur that CU may be up there based on Nigerian standards

Not based on Nigerian standard. CU library is up there beyond Nigerian standards.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 06, 2017
That one which translates to high standard education and produces employable graduates.

To think the value of a library is weighed on the basis of its structute (terms of books available and what not).......SMH
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by julioralph(m): 4:44pm On May 06, 2017
Hardeysolution:
The debate continues here.

Which university has the best library system?

In terms ofbooks available, being conducive, Etc.

Which library? ?

Ibadan, Lagos, Abuja, Ife?? Which one

Bros,
the world wide web is there for you o, don't waste your time with any physical library in naija.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Menzy86(m): 4:46pm On May 06, 2017
Kashim Ibrahim Library. The Largest library in the largest university in sub saharan Africa: Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 06, 2017
Best library building or best library as in contents those two things are not the same. Which one do you refer to?
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by asunmoGGMU(m): 5:06pm On May 06, 2017
Landmark University Library
Covenant University Library
Kashim Ibrahim Library, ABU, Zaria
Keneth Dike Library

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Hyfer(m): 5:09pm On May 06, 2017
OpssonD1:
UNIUYO grin
Na Uniuyo u dey?
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by asunmoGGMU(m): 5:11pm On May 06, 2017
sinkhole:
Library these days are no different from museums! I can get most, if not all the books through the internet on my PC, legaly or illegaly grin no bribing or talking to anybody, no sitting in a stuffy unconditioned room to read, just some clicks and there you go cheesy

Those ones are archaic libraries and are not ready to move with the trends. There is access to essential materials or works in various databases maintained by some academic libraries in Nigeria. Try see Landmark Uni library, you will be wowed!

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by airsaylongcon: 5:16pm On May 06, 2017
TheVictorious:

Not based on Nigerian standard. CU library is up there beyond Nigerian standards.

Simple questions, how many holdings does CU Library have? What percentage of these holdings were published in the last 5 years?
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Basic123: 5:31pm On May 06, 2017
Ralphlauren:
university of Ibadan
It uses to be nigerian national library.

so,as of today,it retained some privileges of the national Library.Any book produced in nigeria a copy is dropped at both U.I library and the national Library.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by RealHaute: 5:32pm On May 06, 2017
Hardeysolution:
The debate continues here.

Which university has the best library system?

In terms ofbooks available, being conducive, Etc.

Which library? ?

Ibadan, Lagos, Abuja, Ife?? Which one

Fourth pic is University of Ilorin. I've been there before to read about how to get into Folakemigeh 's mind.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by harriet412(f): 5:34pm On May 06, 2017
OpssonD1:
UNIUYO grin

Hahaha....abeg no even mention uniuyo
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by QuantaRadiation: 5:36pm On May 06, 2017
Ahmadu Bello University Library, Zaria

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by phrezzz: 5:55pm On May 06, 2017
UNN Library hands down!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by labeerson: 5:59pm On May 06, 2017
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta's library is the best
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Elveera(f): 6:08pm On May 06, 2017
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Ladycloud(f): 6:21pm On May 06, 2017
Uchennazico:
UNN obviously!
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Deefuray(f): 6:23pm On May 06, 2017
[quote author=fiendishghoul post=56265380] What's wrong with john Harris library? Was still functional the last time I was there [/quote
Just saying it is not the best..... that library needs renovation

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Uchennazico: 6:27pm On May 06, 2017
Ladycloud:
smiley

See who we have here grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by TheVictorious(m): 6:33pm On May 06, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Simple questions, how many holdings does CU Library have? What percentage of these holdings were published in the last 5 years?

About the years I don't have exact information on this but I know that there is a world accepted standard for libraries that CLR follows.

2. The first to adopt Unesco's open access policy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_University (see library)
http://www.unesco.org/new/en/communication-and-information/portals-and-platforms/goap/access-by-region/africa/nigeria/

3. Size and facilities: http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/Library

Do well to check!

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by CRITICALANALYST: 6:37pm On May 06, 2017
UNN for sure
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Babatundecash(m): 6:40pm On May 06, 2017
Without doubt.....AAUA has the best Library.....Gov.Mimiko did so well in Adekunle,to the extent that the school have to meet with international standard.
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by Nextleve89: 6:42pm On May 06, 2017
University of Nigeria Nsukka
Re: Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? by mytym(m): 6:56pm On May 06, 2017
kolafolabi:
Lautech

Ladokite Representin'

West End of ETF Lautech Library (Apparently it's been renamed). This is the Phase One you know, the second phase was never constructed...existing only in the model.

I took this pic with 0.7MP camera phone in 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti State University Students Rioting Now In Epe, Lagos. / Ekiti State University 2015/2016 POST-UTME Official Forum / Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.