Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students (3951 Views)

Top 15 Most Selected Courses By Students In JAMB UTME 2017 / UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites / Unilag 2017 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 06, 2017
Due to my passion towards conversing and learning, I've decided to open this thread.
We'll improve one another in any arts or social science subjects. Just drop an area you want us to focus on and I and others interested will help out. It's a well-known fact that youths now learn better through the online media than formal school [influence of phones].
Or you ask a question to edify us if you are loaded. You mention the name of the subject,your question with options. Whoever answers, gives reason for the answer.

1 Like

Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 06, 2017
I'll start. GOVERNMENT In a democracy, the ________ rules. [a] majority [b] minority [c] people [d] elite
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 06, 2017
Let's engage ourselves just like our science counterparts are doing. I'll drop multiple questions so you can answer the one you feel is easy.
If you have no idea on a particular question that relates to your discipline, quote it & type 'answer.' I'll will gladly answer it for you
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 06, 2017
LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH
The most intense part of a play is _______ [a] climax [b] denouement [c] epilogue [d] mime
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 06, 2017
C.R.S Esther was a ______ [a] prophetess [b] judge [c] prietess [d] warrior
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 06, 2017
ENGLISH
Modified: choose the nearest in meaning of the word highlighted.

John is respected due to his affluence.[a] colour [b] benevolence [c] wealth [d] eloquence
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 11:27am On May 07, 2017
ECONOMICS
Which is the appropriate formular for calculating price elasticity of demand? [a] % change in quantity demand/% change in price [b] % change in price/% change in quantity demanded [c] cost of product/price sold [d] old price/new price
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 11:32am On May 07, 2017
COMMERCE
production is not complete until goods produced get to the _________ [a] marketers [b] final consumers [c] retailers [d] warehouse
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 11:57am On May 11, 2017
2 days to the start of JAMB. Who's coming on board?
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by ANNOY(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2017
Let me help u guys out. I wrote jamb last year and I scored 236. I didn't read for jamb till the day before it. I got 86/100 in economics. let me advise u. u guys should pls read carefully jamb 2011-2015 especially 2014. Everything in the past questions came out. for commercial students- commerce, maths, English, economics.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 11, 2017
ANNOY:
Let me help u guys out. I wrote jamb last year and I scored 236. I didn't read for jamb till the day before it. I got 86/100 in economics. let me advise u. u guys should pls read carefully jamb 2011-2015 especially 2014. Everything in the past questions came out. for commercial students- commerce, maths, English, economics.
hmm... Witty. Past questions help, no doubt
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 8:26pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
I'll start. GOVERNMENT In a democracy, the ________ rules. [a] majority [b] minority [c] people [d] elite
The answer is A
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 8:27pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
COMMERCE
production is not complete until goods produced get to the _________ [a] marketers [b] final consumers [c] retailers [d] warehouse
The answer is B
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 8:28pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
ECONOMICS
Which is the appropriate formular for calculating price elasticity of demand? [a] % change in quantity demand/% change in price [b] % change in price/% change in quantity demanded [c] cost of product/price sold [d] old price/new price
The answer is A
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 11, 2017
holuwartomeseen:
The answer is A
nice one. All answers correct. Wlc on boardsmiley
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 8:31pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
ENGLISH
Modified: choose the nearest in meaning of the word highlighted.

John is respected due to his affluence.[a] colour [b] benevolence [c] wealth [d] eloquence
The answer is C
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 11, 2017
holuwartomeseen:
The answer is C
are you preparing for jamb? If yes, what's your subject combination? I want to narrow things down just for you. Others seem not to be interested
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 8:40pm On May 11, 2017
in a class of 46 students,22play football and 26 play volleyball,If 3 play both games how many play neither?
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 8:41pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
are you preparing for jamb? If yes, what's your subject combination? I want to narrow things down just for you. Others seem not to be interested
Yes I am,My subject combination is Math,english, econs and govt
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 11, 2017
holuwartomeseen:
in a class of 46 students,22play football and 26 play volleyball,If 3 play both games how many play neither?
hmm.. The sums do not add up to me. I guess seeing the diagram will make it understandable. Except there's a pattern I don't know. I've never been a fan of mathematics
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 11, 2017
holuwartomeseen:
Yes I am,My subject combination is Math,english, econs and govt
kk. I can engage you mainly in govt and eng. I'm more into Arts [govt,lit,c.r.s & eng]. Not writing though. Done with school
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 8:57pm On May 11, 2017
aiit
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 11, 2017
GOVERNMENT
1. Which is not a feature of a state? [a] independence [b] anarchy [c] government [d] population

2. The government by a few is called ______ [a] fascism [b] socialsm [c] oligarchy [d] aristocracy

3. The workers in a capitalist economy are the ______ [a] proletariats [b] bourgeoisie [c] technocrats [d] employees

4. The Aba Women Riot took place in [a] 1919 [b] 1929 [c] 1939 [d] 1989

5. In the yoruba pre-colonial political system, the _____ was like the Waziri. [a] galadima [b] oyo mesi [c] alafin [d] bashorun
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 11, 2017
ENGLISH LANGUAGE

fill in the missing gaps with the correct answers.

1 the bomb was ________ by the special anti-bomb squad. [a] exploded [b] quenched [c] put off [d] detonated

2. The drama performance was watched by the _______ [a] audience [b] spectators [c] crowd [d] congregation

3. He gave his speech _______ [a] off hand [b] off heart [c] off eyes [d] off books

4. The principal was kept abreast _____ the happenings in the school. [a] with [b] on [c] of [d] by

5. John,as well as Mary, _______ him often. [a] visit [b] visits [c] have visited [d] visiting
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH
The most intense part of a play is _______ [a] climax [b] denouement [c] epilogue [d] mime
denouement
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
GOVERNMENT
1. Which is not a feature of a state? [a] independence [b] anarchy [c] government [d] population

2. The government by a few is called ______ [a] fascism [b] socialsm [c] oligarchy [d] aristocracy

3. The workers in a capitalist economy are the ______ [a] proletariats [b] bourgeoisie [c] technocrats [d] employees

5. In the yoruba pre-colonial political system, the _____ was like the Waziri. [a] galadima [b] oyo mesi [c] alafin [d] bashorun
B
C
A
B
D
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 9:31pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
GOVERNMENT

no 2 is d,no 3 is b,no 4 is c or d not sure,no 5 is b
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 11, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
denouement
nice try but it's climax. Both have similarities but denouement mainly looks at the conclusion. Climax looks at how issues are finally sorted out. It involves a lot of drama
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 9:32pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
GOVERNMENT

no 1 is b
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 9:34pm On May 11, 2017
redbeans:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE

fill in the missing gaps with the correct answers.

1 the bomb was ________ by the special anti-bomb squad. [a] exploded [b] quenched [c] put off [d] detonated

2. The drama performance was watched by the _______ [a] audience [b] spectators [c] crowd [d] congregation

3. He gave his speech _______ [a] off hand [b] off heart [c] off eyes [d] off books

4. The principal was kept abreast _____ the happenings in the school. [a] with [b] on [c] of [d] by

5. John,as well as Mary, _______ him often. [a] visit [b] visits [c] have visited [d] visiting
D
A
A
A
A
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 11, 2017
holuwartomeseen:
no 1 is b
yep
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Art and Social Science Students by holuwartomeseen(f): 9:35pm On May 11, 2017
more pls and tell me the wrong answers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank (see Solution Here) / 2018/19 Nigerian Mathematics And Sciences Olympiads (1st Round Result) / NUC Top 10 Universities In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.