Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

15 Businesses That Nigerian Students Can Do - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 15 Businesses That Nigerian Students Can Do (519 Views)

15 Businesses You Should Start While In College / 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics / 15 Businesses You Can Start In Your Spare Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Businesses That Nigerian Students Can Do by lacemose(m): 2:53am On May 07, 2017
As students in school mainly higher institutions, many people face a lot of hard times and the likes of it, due to lack of enough finances to take care of their daily need in school. Most times, the money sent to students by their parents or relatives are not usually enough, so some involve themselves in social vices like stealing or bullying others to claim what is not theirs in form of cultism, robbery and so on.
Today I won’t be writing about the wrong ways to get money as students neither would I encourage anyone to involve him/ herself in stealing, rather I would be writing about different businesses that one can get involved in as students and make cool cash while meeting up with his usual day to day school activities.
Businesses for students in higher institutions come in different forms, depend on the one you decide to pick because in this article, I would be listing just 15 of them so there can be a wide range of choice for you to make and how to go about them, if you wish to know.
15 BUSINESSES THAT STUDENTS CAN INVOLVE THEMSELVES IN
This economic recession we are facing right now in Nigeria is not making people smile these days and it hits students more, well, students that depend mainly on parents’ money though, but it can be ended today, once you can find one of these to lay your hands upon to do. They are;
BLOGGING: I started with blogging because I am into it myself, since from my 100 level. The fun thing about blogging especially for those that love writing is that it is very interesting. You write stuffs that people wants to read and people interested in such topic comments on it and it brings about a discussion or conflict among people and with that going on, you are making your money in the process. Many students run from blogging because they believe it takes most of your study hours, but blogging isn’t really that way…the fact that you see linda ikeji blog or bella naija blog or laila’s blog posting up to 30 different post in a day doesn’t mean you would do the same. In blogging as a student, you need to discover what you love writing about most, is it about fashion, is it about technology, entertainment and so on, just something that you know that even if someone wake you up from a deep sleep, you can easily write about them. Then try to drive traffic to your blog from social media platforms. Which won’t be difficult to do especially for students in this generation where social media is life to. Once that is done, the next step is to register to different advert networks, I know of a few like Google Adsense, Bidvertiser, Chitika and so on, you can check online for some more on that. Another misconception about blogging that people make is that one has to do it every day that is not true. You can decide to post just one very long post in a week then promote it online, or two or three, whichever you can do and still have time to study well and would be convenient for you.
Note that blogging business is sweet for those who enjoy writing. If you don’t enjoy writing like I do, then blogging is not for you, and also as student try not to dedicate all your time on it, you get paid by ad networks by the amount of people that view their adverts on your site and not by the number of post you make available on your site. Without wasting any more time on this, let me move further to the next which is;

YOUTUBE BUSINESS: One thing I love about the youtube business is that, anyone can go into it and it is very easy to make money through it as students provided one uses the right strategies.
Videos communicates faster than write-ups. You can decide to start your own youtube page which is very easy to do, then know what your page is all about. You can decide to post videos on comedy, News updates, Talk shows and so on, just know what it should be about, because if you post comedy today, and tomorrow you post videos on talk shows, it would be very difficult for you to have a target audience, maybe your family members can be your target audience though, then drive people to your page the same way blogging works by doing it through social media or telling a lot of people about your YouTube page and what they can find there. Now I’m sure you are waiting for the money making part already, let your mind be at rest, it is coming now. The best and the one I advice most people to do when trying to make money through their youtube videos is through Adsense, the approval is very quick and they have two ways of paying their publishers, one is Cost Per Click (CPC) and the other is Cost per Impression (CPM), Cost per click works in a way that when people watch the video you post online and clicks on the adverts that displays on the video, whether it is by mistake or intentionally, a percentage of money goes into your adsense account, while cost per impression is the money you get when people just view the adverts on your site without clicking it, the last I heard was that they pay $1 for 1000 persons that views it, so imagine you can make your video reach out to 1 million persons, that means you make $1000 which when exchanged in Nigerian currency now (using N300 per dollar), you have N300,000 sitting down in your room in schools and going for your normal lectures and smiling hard. You can decide to post a video of you pursuing your dog or a video of your dog pursuing you, it doesn’t really matter, as far as a lot of people are watching your video, your money keeps falling in.

PRINTING: Students prints a lot of documents, especially in their final year when they are doing their projects and other things, on can seize that great opportunity to make money from that, you can decide to buy the printer, preferably the three-in-one so you can scan, print, and even photocopy. Before I proceed any further, I would like to give a short story of how one of my roommate used this business to sustain himself all through the days in school, what he did then was that he used his year one in school to understand how that business would work out in school, with his N15,000, he got one printer, where he started running the business in his hall of residence, making people around aware that he was printing. As time went on, he had more and more customers and he got enough money to purchase another printer which he placed in another hall of residence and someone there to run it for him and he is to pay the person a percentage of whatever he made in a week, when he was in his final year (400 level), his printing printing was in the whole 10 hall of residence in the school. Because of how business oriented he was, he was made the president of Business Administration Department. Isn’t that wonderful? I am sure that by now, an idea must have sparked in your head. You can start the business with so little and gain so much, but in case you are not interested in this type of business, here is another you can try;

TUTORIAL AND LECTURING: Here I’m not talking about the one where you apply for a job as a lecturer, it won’t even happen because you are still a student. Some students know a particular thing that others want to learn by all means and are willing to pay to learn it, let me take an instance of an engineering student who knows autocad, orion, staadpro and the likes and is need of cash. Your knowledge is enough to earn you cash. When most engineering student leave school to look for a job, the company usually ask them if they know either one of these softwares,one can teach them these at a fee. When I was learning staadpro then, the tutor collected N1000 each from each student and we are 70 in a class, so totally, per lecture, he collected N70,000. You can imagine how much the man is making, but it might not be on a software, it can be on other stuffs you want to lecture them on.

Read more @ http://www.sundayjoe.com/2017/05/15-businesses-you-can-do-as-student-in.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naira Regains Strength Against Dollar / We Need 5 People To Help Create Content For A School Curriculum / Packaged Plantain Flour For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.