Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Don Tackles Naca Insists New Drug Cures Hiv/aids - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Don Tackles Naca Insists New Drug Cures Hiv/aids (471 Views)

7,115 AIDS Carriers Receiving Treatment In Osun – NACA / HIV Prevalence Rate In States In Nigeria 2019 By NACA / Valentine: NACA Asks Nigerian Youths To Buy Condoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Tackles Naca Insists New Drug Cures Hiv/aids by geunik(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2017
A professor of veterinary medicine at the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Prof Maduike Ezeibe, has said that
aluminium magnesium silicate (AMS) can be used to cure HIV/AIDS.
Prof Ezeibe said AMS, a drug he invented, has been patented by the Nigerian government and has been tested and proven to cure the dreaded HIV/AIDS.
Speaking with The Nation in Umuahia, the professor of veterinary medicine said his
work on the drug since 1998 had been concluded with the results available for all to see.
Ezeibe said that the magnesium silicate can be found in the country, likewise the aluminium silicate, but AMS cannot be found
in the country.
“However, there was need for me to create the synthetic one, which I used to make the medicine,” he said.
He said that the two minerals have been purified and are being used as medicines in the country, adding that both of them were
reacted to get a synthetic form of AMS.
The professor of veterinary medicine explained that the drug can also cure the Ebola virus and bed flu which have similar virus with HIV/AIDS, stressing that all these viruses are positively charged.
Ezeibe said that while testing the medicine, the viral loads of HIV/AIDS patients who volunteered for clinical trials of the MSAMS were assessed before and after they were treated.
He said that the treatment lasted for four weeks, eight weeks and 12 weeks respectively, adding: “A patient, names withheld, who could not access approved
laboratory for viral load test on time, continued the treatment for 24 weeks.
“Following treatment with the medicine, viral load of HIV/AIDS patients reduced by 86 per cent after four weeks, 96 per cent in
eight weeks and 99.7 per cent in 12 weeks.
“The signs complained of before the treatment vanished at the end of the treatment, and there were no side effects after taking the drug.”
Ezeibe said that his works have been published by the World Journal of AIDS, adding that the publication is currently making waves across the world as a great
contribution to medicine from Nigeria.
He said that despite the result he got, he was not satisfied, as a male patient from Jos, Plateau State with 4,000 RNA after treatment came down to 1,000, which to him was not what he expected.
Ezeibe said: “I only got satisfied when a female doctor from FMC Umuahia told me that it is not the viral load that matters but
the RNA, and that if it is below 51 per cent, it means that the patient is cured, as the body immunity will wipe out the remaining virus
if any.”
He said that as a veterinary doctor, he cannot prescribe the dosage that could be administered on a patient, urging doctors to monitor their patients.
“When their RNA is below 50 per cent, the drug administration should be discontinued,” he said.
However, the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) has come out to say that Prof. Ezeibe did not get ethical clearance before going public with the drug, saying that it is against the laid down rule of the agency.
But Prof. Ezeibe said NACA had left sciences to start talking about law and ethics when they are not lawyers.
“I had expected them to say that the drug is not working, which they have not done. Rather, they are talking about ethics,” he said.
He wondered the type of clearance the agency was seeking from him since he already got permission from his university
to go ahead with his finding, which has brought honor to the institute.
He said that the drug, unlike retroviral drugs, go into all the parts where HIV/AIDS hide to
clear them.
“The action of this drug goes after hidden HIV virus which it unmasks. And when 100 per cent of the particles of HIV invading a
person is mopped out, the infection terminates,” he said.
Ezeibe added: “This drug has been patented by Nigerian government in August 2014 G/P/2012/639, and has undergone several tests such as in vitro test, which means
treating HIV-plasma samples with MSAMS”.
“During the clinical trials, the MSAMS was dispensed to physicians on request to treat
patients under their care. Three patients were treated and their viral loads reduced drastically at the rates of 86 per cent, 96 per
cent and 99.71 per cent respectively.”
continue reading...
Re: Don Tackles Naca Insists New Drug Cures Hiv/aids by geunik(m): 7:59am On May 07, 2017
He said the drug is not like the Mississippi baby who was discovered to be HIV positive and after treatment was declared free but later declared positive because the antibody was not there, and testing positive means
that the antibody was hiding somewhere.
“In my own case, we tested for both antibody and antigens, which will tell you if the virus has been cleared, and once it is
cleared, it is gone forever.”
On the action of NACA, Ezeibe said: “I think that it is a matter of misunderstanding. But I want the Director-General of the agency to
tell Nigerians the content of the materials I dropped on his table and tell them the truth.
“They should have more confidence on Nigerian scientists so that whatever has not been done in terms of tests should be done.
And I am willing to give them the drug to treat any patient of their choice and tell people the outcome.
“I also call on the federal government and NACA to conduct the fourth stage test which
I cannot do alone, as it requires about 300,000 patients on interaction, which is capital intensive.”.
Prof Ezeibe said that the drug, if produced in commercial quantity, could help the country to come out from its present economic
recession and also help to create jobs for the teeming youths of the country.
He said he had presented the drug to the university management, Senate and Council, where he explained the processes he went
through to arrive at his finding, which has been curing people of the dreaded ailment.
He also said he had equally presented the drug to his colleagues in the medical field
and nobody had contradicted his finding, wondering the reason behind the attitude that intends to bring down the moral of those with the ailment.
Prof Ezeibe explained that 10 persons living with the disease, ‘who volunteered’, themselves for a test of the medicine were
made to apply through their doctor to the VC. “They were treated daily with the Medicinal Synthetic Aluminum-Magnesium
Silicate (50 mg/kg)”.
The veterinary medicine expert said that the volunteers were subjected to monthly tests for viral loads and CD4-lymphocyte counts.
“With the antiviral effects of the medicine, its ability to reach all cells (as nanoparticles) and the lymphocytes, there is no more
hiding place (sanctuary) for HIV,” he said.
He said that the medicine had been used to potentiate Ampicilin, Chloroquine, Piperazine and Sulphadimidin, among others, and could be a major foreign exchange earner for Nigeria, if approved by relevant authorities.

[url]thenationonlineng.net/don-tackles-naca-insists-new-drug-cures-hivaids/[/url]
Re: Don Tackles Naca Insists New Drug Cures Hiv/aids by geunik(m): 8:03am On May 07, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Don Tackles Naca Insists New Drug Cures Hiv/aids by Googleus(m): 8:07am On May 07, 2017
A prophet is always without honor in his own country

1 Like

Re: Don Tackles Naca Insists New Drug Cures Hiv/aids by Nobody: 8:24am On May 07, 2017
If this is true then nigeria govt is really stupid.

1 Like

Re: Don Tackles Naca Insists New Drug Cures Hiv/aids by ise82(m): 8:44am On May 07, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Are You Too Fat? Follow These 6 Steps To Lose Weight In 2 Weeks / 10 Ways To Improve Your Mental Strength / PHOTOS: Pastor Adeboye Commissions New Facilities At LASUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.