Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi (59851 Views)

Aluta Continua And Its History. / Aluta Continua Says Uniosun Student...see All Action In Picture / Pius Ojemolon Bags 19 Awards At University Of Benin Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Daddy20s: 7:56am On May 08, 2017
Good writing, I must admit!
Whenever I come across post like this on social media,
one question always hijack my thinking, and this is the question :
HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET OURSELVES OUT OF THIS NONSENSE WE FIND OURSELVES AND MAKE OUR COUNTRY BETTER FOR THE FUTURE GENERATIONS?....
And I have not for once seen a post or perhaps platform that talks about "WHAT TO DO" instead of citing problems here and there, let's engage in how to fix all this problem and stop fixing blame....

Getting a personal library that doesn't include all this nonsensical motivational books is kind of a good one...
But what do we do after knowing all this facts?

I think knowing and talking isn't going to solve anything!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by drebaba1(m): 7:57am On May 08, 2017
INTROVERT:
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/05/07/do-you-know-what-luta-continua-means-pius-adesanmi

This is a beautiful piece, God bless you real good.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Ishilove: 7:58am On May 08, 2017
Opakan2:

you obviously are a jambite or yet to complete secondary education. Same goes for the OP

Before I got into the system, it has been like that.. when I got there, it was like that. Infact throughout my days in uni, it was struggle against Mgt's injustice

It's your likes in glorified secondary schools who know nothing thinking they are something or one of these 14 - 15 yrs kid already in tertiary institution that come up with oversabi posts like this
Nonsense
Jeez. You obviously did not read the article.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by larrypappyy(m): 8:00am On May 08, 2017
This is the best write up I've read on nl since I joined
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Karlman: 8:01am On May 08, 2017
BoboYekini:
It could never be. As she is just a step above the millennials that the author writes of.
This piece is enough to galvanize a nation into a reading frenzy, but I fear we are too far gone. A few of us will murmur and nod in admiration of fine writing - and use the opportunity to drop a few ostentatious words of our own. But the horde, the millennials, it is water off their backs.
...i am impressed by your excellent use of language.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by ebby9z(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2017
Ishilove:

Tell them. It's so annoying
It's so bad that I see my colleagues who graduated with B. A English use it. I guess not all graduates are "educated" after all.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by menxer: 8:18am On May 08, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

If you had sense to understand my point rather that seeking Google to help you criticize

You'd have realize we wanted to pass the same info.

Now be gone

oooh!
so you knew where to find Google, and still make wrong assertions or fact twisting is your profession?
point of correction, we are not passing the same info. if you had wanted to do such you would have seen and acknowledge your mistake and not this....
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 8:21am On May 08, 2017
cool
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by menxer: 8:32am On May 08, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

Read my post again
You'd see BE GONE at the bottom
Make good use of it

eradicating the attributes of the half educated is part of the "aluta continua."
so sad you are not making good use of the resources at your disposal.

i am done and gone from thee.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Kizyte(m): 9:03am On May 08, 2017
wellmax:

Hence the many contradictions of our blighted existence in Nigeria. Boastful public anti-intellectualism – I don’t read! This essay is too long! – is worn around the neck like an Olympic gold medal by people screaming “aluta” on social media. People who live for hate and by hate on the basis of ethnicity and faith also go about screaming aluta

A nation that cannot produce a critical mass whose attention span can grasp more than a tweet is doomed. A nation that cannot produce a critical mass that can read more than a paragraph without grumbling is doomed.
The article is talking about lazy folks like you.
OK, thanks, I'm a lazy folk but I've got more important things to do with my time rather than read senseless post like yours...
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 9:34am On May 08, 2017
Karlman:
...i am impressed by your excellent use of language.
Thank you. We speak the same language.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by wellmax(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2017
Kizyte:
OK, thanks, I'm a lazy folk but I've got more important things to do with my time rather than read senseless post like yours...
I'd seen your posts and seen those things that are 'important' to you.
Next time just skip post like these ones, instead of advertising your dilatoriness and torpidness.
Getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by joefredd006(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2017
Hmmmm.... Only a University of Ilorin graduate can cook up something this beautiful and educating. Truly better by far...
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Willress(m): 10:37am On May 08, 2017
indeed this article was meant for me i won't let this slide easily
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Willress(m): 10:38am On May 08, 2017
joefredd006:
Hmmmm.... Only a University of Ilorin graduate can cook up something this beautiful and educating. Truly better by far...
Don't be so cocky
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Sweetrolly(m): 11:54am On May 08, 2017
Franzinni:
The OSHODI.. Comprehensive dictionary defines it as such..

Aluta continua. <a.loot.er. Continu.ah>

A Latin phrase and It means

LOOTERS SHOULD CONTINUE
Lwkmd guy you no well oh
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by suremanpatriot: 12:26pm On May 08, 2017
...the activism struggle continues.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by babyfaceafrica: 3:24pm On May 08, 2017
UjSizzle:

I strongly doubt you know why you were taught Summary in school. And I can assure you it wasn't to deter people from long reads.
noted..next!
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by babyfaceafrica: 3:24pm On May 08, 2017
ebby9z:

It is, "I'm" not "am
clap for yourself.. Anything else?
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by ebby9z(m): 4:38pm On May 08, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
clap for yourself[b]..[/b] Anything else?
Ellipsis contains three dots not two.

Now, run along and don't come back pls. Get in touch with an English Language tutor for your own good.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by babyfaceafrica: 4:52pm On May 08, 2017
ebby9z:

Ellipsis contains three dots not two.

Now, run along and don't come back pls. Get in touch with an English Language tutor for your own good.
who your English teacher epp wole Soyinka?
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Abdulgab: 8:24pm On May 08, 2017
the author of the post has succinctly echoed the thoughts I have on the endemic problem associated with youths presently in this country. we abuse, and denigrate each other on social media without actually looking at the root cause of the hydraheaded monster created and continuously nurtured by our leaders. it seems the purpose of the struggle is then lost in the thick layers of hatred and sheer animosity we harbour towards each other. we should pls eendeavor to learn to tolerate each other with the intent of collective emancipation of the Nigerian project from our present crop of leaders
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Laple0541(m): 9:34pm On May 08, 2017
The white men that brought us education know the significance of summary, that is why in SSCE, summary carries the highest mark in English language examination. Did you know the number of posts being posted on nairaland alone daily? did you know the number posted on other social media? so why should one spend one's invaluable time reading an epistle which ordinarily should have been encoded in an highlight format?.

BTW you don't have to always display your unmanned characteristics while responding to people's response on a platform like this, try and be more cultured ok!

INTROVERT:

In summary the article was talking about all you guys who don't read....who wobble, dab and wabble in ignorance and enjoy it. Cheers.
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by jojothaiv(m): 1:22am On May 09, 2017
"Against Tribalism"

That's more than enough for everybody out there!
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 14, 2022
aluta continua
means
struggle continues

victoria ascerta
means
victory is certain

amala awetu
means
nothing shall discourage us
Re: Do You Know What 'A Luta Continua' Means? - Pius Adesanmi by Ishilove: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2022
Nigeria really lost a gem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NANS Election: Muniru Daniel Momodu Campaigned In All 36 States, But Still Lost / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / 10 Pictures Only Nigerian University Students Will Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.